Chapter 48: The Overbearing Young Master
108 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now, Livia looked up at Asher from the ground, her eyes flashing angrily. "You did that on purpose!" she accused, pushing herself up. 

Her voice was loud enough for those nearby to hear, drawing more attention to the scene.

Alissa's expression turned cold, her previous warmth vanishing as she eyed Livia with undisguised disdain. 

She was going to retort, but Asher stopped her. Looking at his signal, she remained silent, allowing Asher to handle the situation. 

Especially as he seems confident after coming out from the office.

Asher raised an eyebrow, looking at this shameless girl; he shook his head and replied in the same voice. "What nonsense are you spouting? You bumped into me,"

But Livia wasn't alone. One of her friends stepped forward, nodding in support of her accusation. "It looked intentional to me. We all saw it." 

"Yeah, you can't just push someone and expect no one to notice." another friend chimed in, her tone matching Livia's conviction. 

Their words seemed to embolden Livia further.

Not satisfied with merely accusing Asher of causing the fall, Livia decided to twist the knife further. "Why wouldn't you? After the fight with my boyfriend, you'd do anything to get back at him," she asserted, her voice rising slightly, accusation lacing her words.

Asher, witnessing Livia's shameless manipulation of the situation, made a split-second decision. 'Let's see who is more shameless.'

Instead of continuing to defend himself, he embraced the role they cast him in. With a smirk that didn't quite reach his eyes, he looked at the group. 

"You know what? You're right," Asher declared, his voice laced with mock seriousness. "I did it. How could I resist such a perfect opportunity to cause a scene? Especially a chance to touch this exquisite body." His tone was exaggerated, giving a suggestive look her way.

Everyone glanced at Asher in disgust, hearing his words.

Livia and her friends, taken aback by Asher's sudden admission and lecherous words, were momentarily speechless. 

The surrounding onlookers, unsure of how to react, watched the exchange.

But Livia was quick to seize the moment and not one to back down quickly, "Oh, so now you admit it? How dare you take advantage of me!" Livia retorted swiftly, her voice tinged with feigned shock and indignation. 

"If you can do this for revenge, it's clear you can do a lot more than it," she said, her eyes sweeping across the gathered crowd, seeking to rally them to her cause.

Asher rolled his eyes, hearing her provocations. However, he felt the crowd's shifting perceptions and continued his overbearing personality. 

He took a measured step toward her, putting all his knowledge from the Young Master kit, and with a calculated gesture, he stood face to face with her.

"Yeah, I can," Asher proclaims boldly, his voice cutting through the sudden silence. 

"What are you gonna do about it? Cry to your boyfriend? Better bring your boyfriend next time, or I will do more." His words, dripping with arrogance, stun the crowd into silence.

Livia's friends exchange looks of disbelief and anger. 'Is this the same Asher that easily backed down when confronted?' those thoughts were going through everyone's mind.

Before the people could comprehend what had just happened, a young boy shouted from behind, "Enough!"

Everyone's eyes locked on the new arrival, and Asher remembered the guy from his memory.

Revon, one of the disciplinary committee members, is also in Livia's camp. 

'Are you planning to use this trash to handle me?' Asher thought with narrowed eyes, but he saw the flash of irritation on Livia's face that was quickly gone.

'So he is acting himself. Is he trying to act like saving a damsel in distress?' Asher thought with a twitching eye. 'That girl already had a boyfriend.' 

"What Is Happening Here?" Revon yelled. Looking around, his gaze landed on Livia, where he gave a small smile to her, then moved to Asher. Seeing his target, he walked straight up to Asher.

"ARE YOU CAUSING TROUBLE AGAIN ASHER?" He added as he moved his hand toward Asher, trying to drag him.

Asher gave him his smile, and he felt the boy raising his hand to grip his shoulder. 'Same old trick…' 

"YOU BETTER HAVE A REAS-" Revon didn't continue as Asher, seeing the hand coming for him, sidestepped it and used his hand to grip Revon's shoulder and shove the bastard to the wall.

'Thump!'

Everyone jumped at the sound, and most looked with widened eyes.

"Ahhhhhhh…." Revon fell to the ground, holding his nose.

"Listen, simp… I will not tolerate anyone accusing me falsely." Asher said casually. 

Making the people gasp… did he just call a disciplinary board member a simp? Even though many knew he was a simp, you can't say that to someone's face.

"Just you wait… I will…." Revon shouted as he struggled to stand up but was kicked again by Asher. 

"You should stay where you belong, trash. Now go back to the hole where you crawl out of and stop meddling in other people's business," Asher said, glaring at the boy. 

Alissa, who has watched from the sidelines, has a glare of her own. She also looked unamused as she gave Asher an exasperated look at the broken nose. 

"What? He started it first! I'm innocent here," Asher said, shifting the blame.

"Yeah, yeah. Keep telling yourself that," Alissa said with a smile, but she liked this Asher more than his previous self.

Ignoring her, Asher turned back to the shocked group of girls, which was why this facade happened. They flinched a little, seeing his gaze, and took a step back. Only Livia was looking at him in the eyes.

"Livia, let's not play games," Asher said, his voice low and controlled. "Whatever I do doesn't have anything to do with you. My fight is only with your your boyfriend. So if you don't want me to beat him up, you better take care of your dog boyfriend; otherwise, he might fracture some bones."

Livia was taken aback by Asher's directness and seemed to reassess the situation but quickly dismissed him. He could see her face getting red and her fist balled in anger. "You got some nerve today, trash. Do you think you will get away from it?"

Asher also stepped forward and said menacingly, "Oh, I got more than enough nerve to show you bitch. And I gave Jolan his share today. Do you want yours? I'm sure I will only get a slap on the wrist."

They glared at each other for a minute, but everyone just watched from the sideline. Most didn't want to enter the crossfire as the girls' Vice Councilor was also there.

"Tch, it isn't over. I will see what the Councilor has to say about it." Livia said. Then, with a huff of frustration, she walked past them, though not without shooting a parting glare at Asher and Alissa.

Most of her lackeys followed, and a few walked over to Revon. The man had been glaring at him for the last minute, so Asher gave a stare until he looked away.

Feeling that he had made his point, he calmed down. With a dismissive scoff, he turned his back on the would-be enforcer and the shocked expressions of the crowd. 

He reached for Alissa's hand and started walking, leaving this spectacle behind them. 

As Alissa and he made their way through the parting crowd, he could feel the weight of their gazes, a mixture of respect, confusion, and perhaps a hint of fear. 

'Yeah, fear me, kids. You better not stand in my way, or you will become my stepping stone.' Asher thought as he was already on a war path after learning about his mother and sister.

 

Please Click the [ ❤️ ] Button on the chapters! Thank You! ⟱

5