Chapter 51: The Young Master plans his Next Step
70 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Please Click the [ ❤️ ] Button on the chapters! Thank You! ⤊

 

Asher settled into the familiar chair, the same one where he and Xinyue had exchanged words. A sigh escaped his lips as his shoulders eased down, the tension melting away.

Free for the next few minutes, he revised his plans after enjoying the moment. The Aetherblossom would significantly boost his cultivation, but it wasn't enough to complete the upgrade of his meridian. He needed more Mana, and he needed it soon. 

To progress, he must complete the first realm of cultivation. His heart meridian is prepared; now, with the soup, he could push it open. 

However, it would not be sustainable. Already, the lightning had been entirely consumed from his heart meridian, and only half of the meridian was upgraded. 

Despite the Councilor's formidable power, relying on her comes with risk, especially given her current mission constraints as she is tied under a sanctioned mission. 

'Hmm… I can only ask Xinyue for help.' Potential offers and incentives were fleeting through his mind. Perhaps he could offer something in return, a favor owed or a future alliance; maybe he had to use the Codecs#2. Whatever it took to secure her assistance.

By the time people realized his worth, he would have already surpassed these individuals. Sharing some secrets should give him some resources easily.

But the question then becomes what he could offer Xinyue in return for her help. 'What could possibly I entice her to join forces with me?'

A flicker of movement at the edge of his vision drew Asher's attention, and he turned to see Elder Su returning with trays of food. As she set it down before him, he glanced over the options, noticing that most were warmed leftovers from earlier meals. 'Still his favorite.'

"Xinyue is just taking her medicine, so she will come in a few moments." Elder Su said as she placed the last plate.

The gentle reminder didn't miss his mind. 'Right, Xinyue is not that active due to her ailments,' Asher thought as he gave an apologetic smile and picked the biscuits.

Returning to the topic, it was clear she must be searching for a solution to her problem. And her search had drawn her here. 'Is this some effect of Fate or due to Rosewood manipulation…?'

Whatever the reason, it must be related to Rosewood. From what I can see, the only feature it provides her is the Awakening Artifact…

'Is she also after the Awakening Artifact?' Asher considered. The idea lingered in his mind, and the more he contemplated it, the more confident he became. It seemed like a plausible explanation.

Getting a system could be the key to resolving her issues. 'Or maybe I should directly ask about her problems.' he mused, considering the possibility of addressing the matter head-on.

'I'm already using memories as my excuse, right? How about I just dump it on this supposed memory. Yeah, that seems simple enough.' he thought. No one could know, but everyone would accept in this crazy world.

Before he could think more, he saw Xinyue coming over. He gave a wave as she looked at him.

Xinyue, observing Asher's wave, couldn't resist teasing him. "Back so soon? I thought you were going to get some punishment or something?"

Asher chuckled lightly, relaxing his body. "Why would I get a punishment? It was Jolan's fault for having a punchable personality," Asher said with a shrug, brushing off the notion of reprimand. 

"Your confidence is... intriguing," Xinyue remarked as she shook her head and released a sigh. "And here I was, worried you might have stirred too much trouble."

Asher smiled, a plan forming in his mind. "Trouble or not, the Councilor seems to be on my side."

Xinyue's eyes sparkled with curiosity. "Is that so?"

"Yeah, but I have something to share, a secret," Asher said, leaning in slightly.

"Oh? Do tell." Xinyue raised an eyebrow, interest piqued.

"It's about the Awakening Artifact," Asher disclosed, noting the surprise flicker across Xinyue's features. He paused, gauging her reaction before continuing. "And how it might not just be of interest to me."

Xinyue's eyes widened in surprise. "The Awakening Artifact? How do you know about that?"

'So she knew about it…' he thought, a sense of relief washing over him. 'And it doesn't seem like Asher told her about it.' He doesn't have the memory, but he decided to be cautious cause the system likes to hide certain things.

Asher could see the surprise in her eyes. "It is one of the rewards for getting the Vice Councilor position."

Xinyue's eyes narrowed, her brows furrowing slightly as she delved into thought. Her initial surprise settled into a contemplative calm.

He could almost see the gears turning in her head.

"And why are you telling me that?" she asked, her tone direct. "You should have known about it when you submitted your name."

"After my... unique situation with memories. It got me thinking— maybe it's not just my problem that it could solve."

Xinyue's expression remained composed, but Asher detected a glimmer of interest in her eyes. "I understand," she replied evenly. "But what makes you believe I have any interest in this Artifact?"

"I'm speculating, of course," Asher admitted, "your problem has led you here, searching for something that only Rosewood has. Whatever's bothering you, it seems like the Artifact is the answer."

Xinyue took a deep breath, "I hadn't realized you knew the Artifact. My interest... it's complicated. But yes, it's true. The Artifact could be the answer to a big problem I have. But why share this with me?"

"Because I can help you get to it, and it won't cost you as much as the Councilor might want," Asher stated with a confident smile. 

His experience with the Codecs had given him an edge, a way to effectively command the Orphanage's resources. But only after dealing with the Whisperer.

Asher was expecting skepticism but was not surprised when he heard her reply. 

With a hint of skepticism, Xinyue raised an eyebrow, "You seem quite confident," she observed, the hint of a challenge in her voice. "But how can you be so sure? The Councilor's is absolute in the Orphanage,"

Asher couldn't shake the feeling that Xinyue was testing him, probing for weaknesses. A flicker of suspicion crossed his mind. 'Shouldn't she be more suspicious? Why does it feel like she's aware of my family background?' he wondered silently. The original had never shared any information about his situation with her.

"Well, you should suspect that about Alissa and me, right?" Asher asked as he had decided to tell her about his family to her. 

"Yes, you didn't tell me much, but I can make some guesses, especially with my friendship with her…" she admitted.

Asher noted the change in tone. 'Did Alissa share some secrets with her?' Doesn't matter. Xinyue should already know about the continent's general powers, so his sharing will not change anything and will help him build trust.

Asher told her about his status in the Mercenary Family and the Rosewood Family's position in the hierarchy.

"As for how I can guarantee access, let's just say the memories granted me some... unique permissions to use in need, protected under family law," Asher added. Of course, that was a little lie, but he was sure the Codecs would help him. 'After all, it comes from my soul in the system. So I should be able to use it.'

"Is that so…" Xinyue mused, her expression pensive as she pondered his words. "Let's assume that I believe your word and trust you. What do you need in return?"

Hearing her straight question, Asher didn't feel anything wrong. In her eyes, he was still a teenager who just got some memories.

"I need your help with my Cultivation," Asher also said directly.

 

Launch Alert! Join my Patreon. 🎉
12 advanced chapters for only $2.99.

https://www.patreon.com/Mythrnl

Please Click the [ ❤️ ] Button on the chapters! Thank You! ⟱

6