Chapter 58: The Young Master learns Something new
52 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Spiritual realm? What's that?" Asher's brows furrowed with curiosity as he leaned forward. 'That's new… No wait. Is that the same thing where…'

"It's the… plane, no.. what's the term you guys use? Right Dimension. Think of it like a dimension that is superimposed with reality. The meridians of the cultivator are accessed in the spiritual realm only,"

Asher's mind raced, connecting the dots. 'So it is where I've been going when I use my Meridian Sensing skill…' he thought, but soon his mind realized something as he absorbed her words.

"Wait, hold up! Are you saying every single cultivator just... poof, lost all their cultivation?" Asher blurted out, his voice tinged with disbelief as he struggled to wrap his head around the shocking revelation.

Xinyue shook her head, her expression somber. "Yes and No. During the first time, when you entered a system controlled area, yes, but you would soon get a message asking to join the system. If you accept, the system will handle all the background details but provide you with skills. You can directly modify it from what I know, but you can upgrade and merge them with other skills," she clarified, her tone matter-of-fact yet tinged with sadness.

Asher furrowed his brows, trying to make sense of it all. "Then why don't you have a system? Did you not get the prompt?"

"I was traveling to this continent. Due to an accident, I failed my Core Formation tribulation, and it ended up damaging my meridians. When the system overtook the island where I was recuperating, it was already too late. I guess all my bad luck cashed in during those moments," Xinyue explained with a wry laugh, her eyes betraying a hint of self-deprecation.

Silence hung heavy between them as Asher processed the information, allowing Xinyue a moment to compose herself. He couldn't help but notice the similarity in their circumstances, both plagued by ruptured meridians. 

'Is that how she was able to help him in the previous iteration? Both of us have the same problem... Is this Fate?'

"The system only asks people who are cultivators, and without meridians, I lost my qualifications to be a cultivator, so I was never given any prompt," Xinyue continued, her voice tinged with resignation as she recounted her misfortune.

"That's really... unlucky," Asher murmured sympathetically, looking at the Xinyue. 

"Yeah, so the system masked the spiritual realm for me, and I didn't get a chance to recover my spiritual roots," Xinyue admitted, a shadow of sadness crossing her features.

Asher pondered about her situation as he shifted toward a more practical solution. "And using the awakening artifact will help with that?" he asked, his mind already formulating potential solutions.

Though he didn't ask about using medicine to recover her meridians, Asher had a tacit understanding of the intricacies involved. 

Sensing the meridians was paramount to healing something as invasive as ruptured channels. 

"Yes, even though my family will pay a big price. It is my only chance before yours," Xinyue confessed.

Asher's mind raced as he pieced together the implications of her words. He possessed a skill that could scan meridians, a rare ability even among cultivators with systems. 

Understanding dawned on him, realizing why Xinyue had spoken with such intensity earlier.

Xinyue must have seen the realization on his face, for she continued elaborating on the complexities of their situation. "Most ruling factions that control the Awakening Artifact are hesitant to share their power with individuals they can't control. Rosewood is the only provider willing to distribute it without stringent conditions."

"Well, maybe I can acquire it for you free of charge if you assist me with your supplies," Asher proposed his earlier plan, but he already knew he had to change it.

"Sure, how much do you need? But you know, I want something else from you," Xinyue replied, her voice carrying a note of negotiation.

Asher understood what she was asking, and she didn't disappoint. 

She already had a way to solve her problems, but now he have come with skills to check the spiritual plane.

"Can you teach me the skill?" Xinyue asked her earlier request again, and Asher paused upon hearing her request.

He wanted to help her, but that was not possible. As far as he knew, his meridian sensing skills were only helpful for him, and he didn't think the system would let him share it. 

"Sure, we can give it a shot," Asher replied, though with an uncertain tone. "But I'm not entirely sure how skill-sharing works..." Asher said he did not mind sharing his skills.

"But don't you want the awakening Artifact?" Asher asked, wanting to know her reluctance to use her first method.

Xinyue shook her head adamantly. "We know the Awakening Artifact's effect on people without cultivation. The artifact would render me what we term as mortal. There would be no spiritual effect. While cultivators receive a mana boost with some unique rewards, it would sever my advantage to mana entirely. Every advantage that I gained being a cultivator will be gone."

"That's definitely not ideal," he said, his mind already deciding to teach her the skill. "Perhaps it would be more beneficial for you to learn to sense meridians."

Xinyue's eyes sparkled with gratitude. "Yes! You're the best," she said with a thumbs up.

Asher chuckled modestly. "Yes, yes, I am," he replied. "Now, can you tell me about your medicine? You can still apply them, right? How does that happen without accessing the spiritual realm?" he asked once she had calmed down.

"We don't actually know. If I didn't take it, I felt like my strength declining to less than a normal human, and all the symptoms of ruptured meridians reappeared, so I have always consumed the pills." Xinyue said.

As Asher was pondering on those words, he heard Xinyue calling to Elder Su.

"Elder Su, please bring seven pills," Xinyue requested with a happy tone, her excitement evident in her voice.

"Princess, isn't that too large? That's a whole week's supply," Elder Su interjected cautiously. 

Asher felt himself twitch hearing it. He knew Elder Su was not opposing it but was reminding the cost of those pills.

"Oh, I'm sure they will be less than what Asher required, but it will have to do for now," Xinyue replied with a knowing look in Asher's direction.

Asher wanted to refute Xinyue's assumption but ultimately chose to hold his tongue. Realizing how much the Heavenly lightning was helping him. 

As Elder Su moved to fetch the pills, Xinyue's gaze fixed on Asher, "Even without the pills, you don't seem like someone with fractured meridians. How can you function without them?" she asked, her curiosity evident in her voice.

"Well, I can't disclose that now," Asher responded. 

Seeing her disappointed look, Asher explained, "It's not that I'm unwilling, but rather a matter of necessity. Perhaps in due time, I'll be able to share more with you." 

He would share secrets secrets that can't affect him. For now, the Heavenly lightning remained one of his major trump cards,

"Is that so..." Xinyue said but didn't probe further. 

Soon, Asher found himself holding one of the pills in his hand. Its golden hue emitted a delicate fragrance that enveloped him in a sense of calmness, easing the tension in his body with every breath.

"So, I just eat it, right?" Asher queried, examining the pill in his palm.

"Yeah, just eat it. It will automatically target your most damaged meridians," Xinyue confirmed.

Asher returned the pill to its bottle and carefully tucked it inside his pants. 

5