Chapter 61: The Young Master learns New Skills
63 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

[Mana Perception Lvl 0]

 

Let's try again, and this time, slower.

Once again, he brought the mana back and let his body take care of the rest. He felt the mana in his heart gain strength. He moved it, but it still dissipated after moving a little.

He repeated the cycle, slowing down once again.

Again.

Again.

Again.

Again.

 

After ten more attempts, he found himself unable to move it. Despite moving it some distance, it always dissipated before reaching its destination. He cursed at the frustrating setback in her training. 

Examining his failure, he realized the discrepancy. Whenever his mana traveled along his blood veins, he found it easier to manipulate. 'Don't tell me it was that simple, he muttered.

He tried again, this time directing the mana along the veins he felt were on the path to his hand. As he made the final stretch, he sensed the mana utilizing not just one vein but multiple.

The mana took effect on his arm but Asher ignored it for now. The focus and clarity he achieved might help him to level up his new skill, so he worked in it. 

He spent another thirty minutes attempting to feel his mana and stopped when he heard Captain Darius calling his name. 

The man was coming over but Asher focused on the new message. 

A new skill [ Mana Manipulation ], and his new skill leveled up.

 

[Mana Perception Lvl 0 > Lvl 1]

New Skills learned!!

[Mana Manipulation Lvl 0]
[Mana Manipulation Lvl 0 > Lvl 3]

 

A smile flickered across his face, looking at the new skill. It was one that the Mana Constitution helped and recommended to learn. But he noticed Captain Darius coming toward him.

 

As the man approached, Asher turned his gaze towards him.

He was dressed in his working clothes. But as he neared him, Asher noticed his gaze move to his side.

The man was focusing on the hand he was using as a practice and when Asher followed the man's gaze to his hand and noticed some red marks along it. 

Ignoring them for now, he turned toward the man.

"Good morning, Captain, is there anything I can help with?" Asher asked.

"Yeah, the Councilor is calling you in three hours," Captain said with a grunt. 

Asher raised an eyebrow, noticing once again that the Captain was being used as a messenger. "Did she tell what it's about?" Asher asked as he wiped himself with a towel.

"Do you think I'm a gopher for you?" Captain said. "I don't have unfettered access to the Councilor's inner thoughts…" he grumbled, clearly annoyed being used as a messenger. "You're summoned. That's the extent of your need to know. Show up and find out the rest yourself."

"Understood, Captain. I will go there on time. I admit my curiosity got the better of me," he replied, in an even tone.

The Captain only grunted without saying anything.

He didn't move for a moment making Asher to look at him. 'Does he have nothing more to do or is he secretly checking my level.' He was roused when he heard the Captain speak again.

"You are improving fast, brat" Captain said. 

"Word of your exploits has reached my ears, Asher. Not just your martial prowess, but your...navigations within the Council's politics." 

'Is he reminding me about some punishment due to my stunt?' Asher felt it was right time use his Young Master skills set that he got.

"And what can those lowest pheasent do against me.." Asher said in a arrogant tone. He already feared them less but after gaining the memory capsule about Rosewood he didn't put them in his eyes anymore.

Asher saw that Captain Darius was taken a back by hi response. "You've come a long way from the greenhorn I had to extricate from trouble on your first day."

'Are you praising me or reminding me about my weak self?' Asher felt his eyebrow twitch at the words.

But still Seizing the olive branch, Asher allowed a small smile as he buttered up the man. "I've had excellent mentors, Captain." "It'd be a good measure of this 'progress' you've observed."

He throw the man the way to evaluate him. He knew he would definitely report to the Councilor and he wanted to showcase his strength to stop her from changing sides. 'That woman can change sides for the most profit.' 

The hint of amusement that flickered across Darius's face was as close to a smile as he was likely to show. "A practice session, eh? You reckon you're prepared to spar with an old soldier like me?" he challenged, the playful edge in his voice a stark departure from his usual sternness.

"I believe so, Captain. It's not every day one gets to test himself against the famed Captain Darius. How about till I had to meet with the Councilor?" Asher proposed, as he wanted to test his skills against a live target.

And Captain Darius is under Rosewood Orphanage so he can be free to use all his skills without any chance of leak. The most the man can do is inform his Uncle, and he already planned to meet that basterd after several more upgrade in his skills. 

A genuine chuckle broke from Darius, a rare sound that seemed to momentarily lift the weight of his rank. "Alright, lad. You've got your session. But don't expect any coddling; I've still got a trick or two to teach you. Prepare yourself."

With a grin of anticipation, Asher accepted the gauntlet. "I wouldn't expect anything less. Let's go at the training ground."

"Let's go to my private area. I don't want you hold back like you normally do." Captain Darius said as he moved toward the guard coumpound. It was in the middle to handle both sides of the orphanage but Asher thought it was mosty to cover the Councilor Office.

As they started moving A smile flickered across his face but he quickly suppressed it, 'So you do want to access my level…'

Asher looked at his hand, and was relieved to see its coloring return to normal. He didn't felt any pain earlier so he didn't put much attention to it. But he may have to practice skin strengthening more if he wanted to exert more strength.

 

4