Chapter 22: Memories of Past and Future
235 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"... her, ..sher, Asher, Asher!"

He can hear Alissa shouting his name and shaking his body, jolting him back to consciousness.

As he woke up from the memory, he blinked his eyes open, squinting against the harsh light, looking at Alissa's troubled face that hovered above him.

She sighed in relief as he opened his eyes, her grip on his shoulders loosening. "Are you alright?" she asked, a note of worry in her eyes.

"Yeah, just give me a moment," he murmured, his hand reaching up to rub at his temples. With a grunt, he pushed himself into a sitting position, his gaze flickering to the table beside him. 

Must have fallen from the chair and Alissa laid him down to not hit his head. Ignoring the surroundings, he looked at the system message flashing at the side.

Safety Protocols Activated.

Pathways Destructured. Fate Accomplished.
Rewards: Memory Capsule #3. Open??

New Mission Issued.
Mission: Cultivate. Reach Core Formation Realm to stabilize the Pathways.
System Assistance available. Memory Slip #Cultivation. Open??

He snorted as seeing the memory capsule part reminded him of his Master. He easily deduces that the memory lock should be when he met his Master. 

The question is whether his Master was forthright, or was he merely playing his insidious games. Knowing the devious nature of his Master, he was certain that any words spoken were likely half-truths.

Below the mission statement, golden letters shimmered into existence, reminiscent of the Asher's golden eyes from the previous iteration. 

A smirk tugged at his lips as he realized that a fragment of his soul had already infiltrated the System which his Master had binded to him. 

New Mission Issued.
Mission: Cultivate. Reach Core Formation Realm to stabilize the Pathways. 
System Assistance available. Memory Slip. #Cultivation. Open??

Stellar Primordial Scripture. Open??

Stellar Primordial Scripture. Must be some scripture that a cut off part of him wants to learn. He didn't know the plan and only that one memory, but he thinks he has to trust his past self.

As for the reason for cutting his soul, it was so that his Master can't search his memories. Information Compartmentalisation. A term he learned in his first life as a General before he was born in previous iterations.

(A/N- I know the story is getting complicated. But let me explain. Maximus has lived 2 lives, this one is his third. So he has two memories of 2 lives. Before transmigration-Normal Earth, Previous Iteration-After transmigration. Right now, he was living as Asher, so he was also assimilating his memory.) 

After waking up, he felt like he was in control for the first time.

Still it seems his memory in the previous iteration is still locked. His Master should also have tried to block the information so he can better control him.

He suddenly felt old, as he realized how many years have passed. A whole iteration of a Universe. He decided to push it deep inside to handle it later.

After seeing the system message, he decided to open it now before talking with Alissa. Information is critical, and right now he should take all he can get, before making a decision.

Also the one of the reasons is he remembered that the last time his memory capsule only took some small time without any drizzling. 

Now looking back, he was sure that was because of the merging of Asher's soul with him as any memory from him was easily assimilated too. 

Other system information, like the information from that Kit took some time to assimilate. 

"Can you bring me a glass of water", he asked Alissa as he saw her getting restless.

She narrowed her eyes, likely to ask what happened or taking him to Dr Rosa, but at the end she left with a huff.

Seeing her walk away, he opened the memory capsule. Knowing that it was from Asher in the previous iteration as the text was flavored in golden color. As for Asher in this universe, his memory and soul is already assimilated to him. 

Now that he thought about it. He unknowingly assimilated quite a few souls. But then again, in the war to overcome Immeasurable, he guess morals are at the bottom of the priority list.

Clearing his mind, memory started assimilating in his mind and he started looking at them sequentially while preparing him for some unpleasant story. Asher is still under the curse so he knows that his life will be shit. 

First was his life in the Orphanage. The main highlight. Asher became Vice Councillor. And Jolan took revenge. He snorted, 'As expected, nothing new'. 

His fingers tightened as he come to know that the bastard wanted to rape Alissa before moving to another city. 'Of Course he would. He is a bully but a smart bully. Why would the bastard waste his time on him now that he has decided to leave for another city.'

He saw how Asher confronted the bastard secretly while Jolan manipulated Alissa by staining Asher's name. The strain it puts on their relationship was building up for some time.

He saw how they reconciled when Asher saved her, making him sigh. 'At least his curse didn't exacerbate the situation' he thought, stopping himself from thinking of an unpleasant idea. 

A ruthlessness entered his eyes as he decided to end the bastard life. The stakes were too high and he didn't have time to play with some low level shit.

Then they started preparing to leave, at which point Asher was struck by the poison. He shook his head, realizing that this time, his part of the soul too didn't warn him. 'Maybe cause it wanted to make him practice the Stellar Primordial Scripture.'

Seeing that Alissa was returning, he took the glass from her with a complicated gaze in his eyes which she didn't notice. 

Knowing that looking through the memory was as fast as he imagined, he decided to completely watch it, so he soon returned to the memories.

He saw getting help from Li Xinyue, realizing that their condition was somewhat similar. During that time Alissa had started acting weird after the poison accident so he followed her when he came to know that she was going out to the city without informing him. 

He rolled his eyes at the complicated next month of Asher. A shudder went through him as he realized that it would have been his fate if he didn't lessen the Heaven Cursed effect. 

He also realized that it may be due to his part of soul that he acted so stupid and decided to follow the system method.

Coming back, after following Alissa he learned that she was scammed by a family elder who he can remember from Asher fragmented childhood memories was from his father's side. 

After which the memory cut short. Making him spit out the water in his mouth. 

"Hey, are you sure you are alright?" Alissa said, stumbling back as she moved away from the spit which he sprayed in front of him. 

Asher looked at her and just shook his head at the stupidly complex situation. He decided to offload the situation to the future him. 

Ruthlessness soon flashed across his eyes as he added another bastard in his kill list.

He decided to do it sneakily, but after remembering how it ended for Asher, his General training took over.

Rather than letting the situation fester, he decided to rip-off the bandage in a single go.

He tightened the glass and stood up, as Alissa was also going to stand, he threw the glass down, shattering it to pieces shocking her in her place. 

"Where the hell do you get this potion?!" he shouted in a reprimanding voice.

 


 

Trivia: Playing mastermind in a Pseudo-Eternal Universe. One of the smarter way is to limit information your subordinate have. Not only it help in controlling them, but it add confusion and chaos in your movement.

Get details about the Story in our Fandom Page. Spoiler Alerts!! 🚨🚨

For Virtuous Villainy, World System and Cultivation Realms check out the pages.

Checkout the Character List to see details for you favourite characters.
Characters in Chapter: Asher Maximus Silverstar, Alissa Pendragon, Morningstar, Jolan Wolfeng

12