Chapter 6: Manipulative System
328 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Please Click the [ ❤️ ] Button on the chapters! Thank You!

 

Asher was already feeling his rage shimmering.

"Or what? I don't want to be here. I want to go back." Ignoring the message, he responded out loud again to check the System's bottom line.

Master body in his old universe has expired due to the accident. 

If Master doesn't want to exist in this universe, Master can be removed, but Master will perish permanently.

Does Master wish to be removed?

Yes/No

"..." Asher.

'What kind of threat is that?! Does the System have no idea how to negotiate? Why bring the big guns to my first question?! Did I have to overpower it before it took me seriously!' he cursed the System.

Even though he was raging, he was still in an unknown world, inside the body of another. And the only source of any information just gives him an ultimatum. Soon, he could feel his survival instinct clashing with his rage.

"It's a joke, it's a joke! Let's not be too hasty. I don't want to die or whatever perish permanently means. Still, I want to understand what is happening before signing up for something. Please explain fully."

As soon as he said those words, new information started assimilating inside his brain, with a last message flashing across his eyes.

 

The prophesied heroes emerge from the shadows, each fueled by a glimmer of hope...
The villainous prodigies must rise to orchestrate chaos and claim dominion over the shattered realms!
The heavens have been breached, and the cosmos is ready to be plundered.

Yet, amidst the rallying forces of good and evil, You have been granted an opportunity. Possible a single time in the universe!!

A mastermind must rise to exploit the divisions among the heroes and villains and exploit their vulnerabilities!

From the clandestine meetings in the secret chambers to showing your magnificence to the world. From the treacherous alliances forged in the heart of darkness to the friendship forged with blood.
Unleashing nefarious schemes to undermine the unity of those who seek to thwart your malevolent ambitions. And gaining the support of the people before the heroes' can.

Will you seize the opportunity to become the puppeteer, pulling the strings behind the heroes and the villains' downfall?

Yes/No.

P.S.: Master must also complete the original body wishes of protecting his family and marriage promise with Alissa.

Initially, he was taken aback by the memory transfer of Virtuous Villainy Young Master System Terms and Conditions, so he looked at the last screen dumbfounded.

He quickly calmed down since he knew this was also a cliché development. He ignored the System and even felt a little embarrassed for it. 

'Of course, Asher has a marriage promise. The fabled Pinky Promise. They are childhood friends after all.' he thought as a sigh escaped his lips, 'is that why she wanted to improve Asher?'

But soon, his thoughts turned darker. 'Or maybe I'm one of those villains who got their love stolen by the protagonist.'

'No, no, no, can't think about those right now.' he refocused on the present as he didn't like where his thoughts were going. 

'What is this cliché background story? What happened to fulfilling all the original body's wishes or facing the consequences? It's now just important to a P.S.?!.' he muttered in a low voice to check if the System would respond.

"..." System.

'Maybe the system can read my mind and change the terms to better entice me,' he thought. He may have decided to protect Asher's family and friends. Still, he will not be forced into it, especially with his mind tampered with.

'Maybe it was some psychological test or something, and getting no reaction from me at the first prompt, it decided to change the goals,' he thought as he could already see one big problem.

'Yeah, this evolving shit is scary even though the system personality helps me relax a little.' he thought, as he was sure many noobs would have fallen for this crap. 

After getting no more responses from the System or any new prompt, he ignored the System for now. There was nothing more to talk about urgently, and he needed to decide his game plan. 

He slowly rose and moved his right hand to the glass of water with a grimace. The pain was still flaring with every move, but he had more pressing things to think about. 

Drinking the water beside his bed, he started thinking. 'Okay. Let's take it one step at a time.' 

It seems he was no longer in his original body. If that was the case, he had to slowly figure out why and how he was here. The how will be challenging, but first he has to focus on the why.

The first clue was the system mission. The System is a pervert and should have some end goal. And it is also self-aware. 

'Maybe its personality is based on the master?' he thought with a shudder and ignored this disturbing revelation with a shout inside his mind. 'I'm Not A Pervert!!! And I don't have any hidden perverted wishes!!'

Since the original Asher had died, he had been placed into his body and attached to the System. Although the two of them were tied together, it seemed like he was in a slightly worse position than the System. 

He could not survive if the System removed itself from him, but the System could, although it would take a lot of damage. Ultimately, it was in both their best interests to work together.

The reason for his death without the System is simple: he died in his last life, and his soul is being supported by the System right now. 'At least that is what the reason given in the Terms and Conditions'

There is no free lunch in this world, and he has to pay for this second life. 'Is that the reason why the systems kidnapped people who died in their universes?'

'At least I didn't have to see truck-kun and died due to helicopter-kun,' he joked, trying to lighten himself up and ignore his depressing situation. He already knew what to choose but decided to complete his analysis.

Reading the terms and conditions before the last screen, Asher felt a vast headache building.'What kind of nonsense is this?'

'It seemed that my will was going to be completely ignored in certain conditions or whatever that is, and I would have no choice but to listen to this dumb system or face dire consequences or whatever that means.' he thought as he summarized the long legal text in his mind.

He didn't want to become a dog of someone, sitting when told and fetching things when he was thrown a bone or stick. 

'Like hell, I will!! That bastard has already played with my personality,' he thought, as he was sure that with that personality, he would have agreed to this scheming little shit without the memories he gained from the golden message.

He was sure it must be one of its tricks to fool his host. 'At least I have the memory of my life as a General. So what if it was shit.' He thought as he didn't mind ending this life as he had already lived. 'Better to die a free man than live like a dog.'

'Dream On!' he shouted as he decided his course of action.

Even if he got a second chance, he didn't want to spend it on extracting his soul from this bastard by agreeing today. 

 


 

Get details about the Story in our Fandom Page. Spoiler Alerts!! 🚨🚨

For Virtuous Villainy, World System and Cultivation Realms check out the pages.

Checkout the Character List to see details for you favourite characters.
Characters in Chapter: Asher Maximus Silverstar

 

11