Chapter 37: Is this Young Master going to be Poisoned Again?
105 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Please Click the [ ❤️ ] Button on the chapters! Thank You!

 

Especially their eagerness to provide her a shoulder to cry on when he is in the infirmary. 'Did he have to kick someone's third leg this soon' he thought.

"What are you talking about? With Elder Su, how can someone approach me?" Xinyue said usually, and some of the tension had been removed from her body.

"You know they are persistent enough to get some reason," Asher said, remembering the past interaction related to Xinyue.

She laughed a little, "Yeah, but you are here, right? You can handle something like that for this maiden," she said in an over display of fluttering eyelashes.

'Guess it was not important that talking about it helped her.' he thought, as he didn't want to become noisy. Though he was still confused about why his asking made her less tense.

"Of course, I will, my little princess," He said heroically, using his acting skill to the fullest. 'Though it would have looked better if I had a sword than this chicken leg,' Asher thought.

He was surprised to see her blush a little as he said that. 'Am I that good? No.! Isn't the skill too overpowered?' Asher thought as he didn't remember Xinyue blushing other than when he caught her reading some… Ahm, salacious books.

"He he, my prince~," she said charmingly but changed her demeanor as if suddenly remembering something with a shake of her head. "You should finish the food before we should continue."

"If you say so," he said, picking up the mouth watering food which had been slowly increasing his appetite after his first smell.

Just as he was about to take a bite, he saw Xinyue leaning forward, observing him fiercely, making him stop again.

It didn't take long for him to know that Xinyue wanted him to eat the food, and eating something like that reminded him of the poison he consumed.

He again lowered his hand, which seemed to disappoint her for some reason, and tension increased again in her body. 'Are you that eager to make me eat this food?' he couldn't help but think with a twitching eyebrow. 

"Hey, Are you not eating? Let's start together," he said, shifting half of the chicken to Xinyue's plate before she could deny it. 

'I feel my heart broke a little,' he thought, remembering the smell of the food.

"Huh?" She was slightly confused, but he soon saw her understanding as her hand left her books and tightened to a fist. 'Oh, did she realize I was suspicious of her?'

"Are you thinking something stupid?" she asked sweetly, but he saw her body tense.

"What? Of course not. I just don't want to eat before the host," he replied in the same sweetened tone.

"You got more perceptive," she said with some tension in her body, hinting at his caution.

"Well, then, I can only apologize for my witless old self," Asher said jokingly, but Xinyue didn't laugh.

"It's nothing more than the food you've eaten with me. Remember, you felt so good after eating it you were awake the whole night," she said as she picked up her piece of chicken leg, looking at him straight.

With a little savage bite, she chewed for a moment before gulping down, looking straight at him.

He found nothing strange and, after checking his cooking skills just to make sure, didn't reveal anything amiss. It's not like he trusted the skill enough. 

Maybe it was really something to help as he did recall a memory of what she mentioned, but he decided to mess with her as he said, "Maybe you should eat mine too; you seem more hungry than me."

It seemed it was the last straw as she stood up, "You bastard, are you going to eat or not!!"

"Alright, alright, I was just messing with you. You don't have to get so angry, geez," he said, taking a bite of the food. 

He knew there may be poison, but there was no reason for Xinyue to do it.

'Am I getting influenced by the originals memory? Or is it something about the food?' he thought as he bit into the chicken leg, but he soon forgot about it.

The bite of food crunched satisfyingly between his teeth, flavors bursting onto his tongue like fireworks. He chewed slowly, savoring the taste, while Xinyue glared at him with irritation and relief. 

As good as the mouth watering food smell, it was a hundred times more delicious than any food he had ever eaten. Sure, getting memories or directly experiencing them are still two different things.

As he gulped down the food, he felt a strange energy traveling through his body. 'Is this what she talked about?'

He was surprised, and as he was about to ask Xinyue about it, he saw a system message flash across his eyes.

Vitalheart Blossom Essence Ingested!
Vitality Increased!! 5x
Time limit: 1 hour

As he saw the screen, he focused on the name, soon information started appearing with it. He learned what is Vitalheart Blossom Essence. It's the normal cultivation drug that helps invigorate the body. Hundred Percent Righteous Sect Approved. So, nothing harmful. Hopefully.

He quickly shoved the rest of the food to see its effect. After completing the plate, he got the last message, which made him slightly angry.

Vitalheart Blossom Essence Ingested!
Vitality Increased!! 6x
Time limit: 6 hours!! 

 

Seems like his vitality can't be increased much, even through treasure. Hence, it increased time instead, but the problem was that he had nine pieces, and the effect he got was only for six hours with only a single increase. 

He can't believe he wasted two of those. What if he had waited and eaten them another time. Also, he got a different message from the third one that he ate.

Whispershade Dewdrop Ingested!
Soul Resonance Neutralised!

Now that one was actually a little harmful. It was a treasure that enhances the malleability of the soul, to help disturb the connection between a body and soul. The system also informed that it was usually when soul cloning was used to separate the soul easily. He looked at the notification, feeling strange.

Before he could ask about the dish, Xinyue had already moved a different dish in front of him. 

"And what's with this?" he asked without picking it up. 'Is this a new one now?'

"It's a special one that will help you recover; I have it prepared for you, thinking that you may need it, but you don't seem to," she said.

"The first wasn't enough?" Asher asked, not believing her for a moment. 

"This one will increase the effectiveness of the first one," Xinyue said, motioning him to take the food. 

'Is this another of those multi-stage things?' Asher thought to himself looking at the food.

"You should trust me more. You know I will not harm you." Xinyue said.

'Isn't that a little unreasonable? The original was infatuated with you, so he didn't deny you anything.' Asher thought.

Seeing her expression, he knew he would not escape this without eating it.

So he picked up the food and started eating it, but his first bite stopped him. 

An overwhelming sense of uneasiness followed, making his stomach churn. Still, as suddenly as it came, it was already gone. 'Huh? What was that?'

He waited for the system message to flash across. Still, nothing happened. Making him almost feel like he hallucinated the effect. 

As the new dish also tasted absolutely delicious and seeing that there was no effect on him, he started to eat the dish with zeal. 

After he finished those two dishes, he picked another one, but other than the first two, all the others felt normal to him, and soon he completely stuffed himself with food. 

When he looked back at her, it seemed all the tension had left her body as she relaxed and looked at him with a contemplative look.

 


 

There will be only 1 Chapter on Saturday!

Get details about the Story in our Fandom Page. Spoiler Alerts!! 🚨🚨

For Virtuous Villainy, World System and Cultivation Realms check out the pages.

Checkout the Character List to see details for you favourite characters.

Characters in Chapter

7