Chapter Forty-Four
13 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Did I just?” Wen Xi’s legs went weak and he sat down on the plush sofa seats at the waiting area outside the theatre.

“Declare sovereignty on your handsome boyfriend to the whole theatre? Yes! I wholeheartedly accept,” Gu Qingfeng teased, his cheeks almost aching from uncontrollably grinning the whole way.

“I-I…” Wen Xi stammered, his mouth opening and closing in shock like an adorable goldfish.

Gu Qingfeng laughed and sat next to him, lightly squeezing his hand. “I didn’t know you like confessing in public to me so much—oh, we should go, they’re coming out.”

The movie-goers started pouring out of the theatre excitedly discussing the movie, and in most cases, the two good-looking young men’s public display of affection.

Aiya it’s too bad it happened too quickly that I didn’t manage to record it! That kiss was more stimulating than the whole movie!”

“The tall one is so cute! Did you see him turning red like a tomato?”

“Dear, I want you to declare your love for me like that too!”

“Oh! Oh my god they’re still here, quick take a photo of them!”

Wen Xi froze on the spot with all the curious eyes on him, some even taking out their phones to discreetly take photos of the two of them.

Gu Qingfeng quickly grabbed his arm to pull him to leave, when two disgruntled young men walked past commenting loudly, “What’s so great about a bunch of gays?”

“Disgusting, they should go to the hospital for a mental health check up!”

Wen Xi felt his body turn cold and he involuntarily squeezed Gu Qingfeng’s arm as Gu Qingfeng ground his teeth angrily standing up to confront the duo, but before he could, two petite girls cornered the two men.

Ye Xiaosi scolded loudly, spouting rapid fire insults while gesticulating wildly, “What’s wrong with liking another person? With your hideous faces and crappy sense of fashion, have you even held a girl’s hand before? Shouldn’t you take a good look in the mirror before you comment on someone else’s sweet gesture?”

Even the quieter Miao Yixian was flushed with anger, commenting sarcastically, “The air is so sour I can barely breathe! It must be these two ugly vinegar jars walking around wishing they were half as handsome as our A University senior!”

When faced with the two beautiful ferocious firecrackers, the two men went mute and shy, losing their nerve.

“…ah, sorry la, we didn’t mean it,” the man mumbled.

His friend also muttered a sheepish apology, before thick-skinnedly asking, “Pretty young ladies, may we get your number?”

“No, you may not!” Ye Xiaosi rejected before huffily turning away and linking arms with Miao Yixian to leave. She gave a discreet wink to Wen Xi and Gu Qingfeng as they walked past, whispering to Wen Xi, “Sorry for disturbing your date, Senior Wen! Have a nice day, see you in school~”

The rejected men dejectedly slunk away from the scene and the crowd that had gathered to watch the heated confrontation also gradually dispersed, with some giggling behind their hands as they cast covert glances at Wen Xi and Gu Qingfeng.

Gu Qingfeng cleared his throat, his anger having dissipated with the girls’ strongly worded defence. “Well, that was… unexpected. Xiao Xi, are you alright?”

“I didn’t think that the girls would…” Wen Xi trailed off in shock.

Gu Qingfeng gave a gentle smile as he sat down. “There will always be people like the two men, but there will also be friends like the two xiaomeis. In a world like that, as long as you know that I like you, and I know that you like me, there is nothing we can’t overcome.”

Wen Xi looked at Gu Qingfeng with wide eyes, a large chip falling off the boulder that had been weighing him down in his heart since eight years ago.

Seeing his boyfriend still in a stupor, Gu Qingfeng leaped up from the sofa. “Take out your phone,” he instructed, reaching over to feel Wen Xi’s pockets for his phone.

“What for?” Wen Xi asked confused as he automatically slapped Gu Qingfeng’s wandering hands away, taking out his phone to hand it over to Gu Qingfeng.

Gu Qingfeng grinned as he opened the camera app and started a video recording before passing the phone back to Wen Xi.

“Are you recording me? Yes? Okay!” Gu Qingfeng instructed as he moved a few steps back to ensure his body was in frame.

“I must reciprocate my boyfriend’s show of affection.” Gu Qingfeng grinned and took a deep breath before staring straight into the camera lens, shouting loudly, “Wen Xi is my boyfriend! I like him very, very, very—”

“Gu Qingfeng!!”

The few remaining movie-goers turned around to look curiously as Wen Xi hurriedly got up with burning cheeks to cover his cheeky boyfriend’s mouth and drag him out of the theatre.

Gu Qingfeng smiled under Wen Xi’s palm and gave a light kiss as he accommodatingly let his boyfriend drag him away.


(。◕‿◕。)

1