Chapter Forty-Eight
7 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wen Xi was hot with embarrassment reading the messages in their three-person group chat where his damned friend of eight years had sold him out.

Li Zhepang: So I hear things are going well with our little puppy’s relationship?

Jun Yingzhe: The naughty puppy didn’t come home all weekend last week

Jun Yingzhe: Who knows what wild animal fun he was up to

Li Zhepang: Ah, our little puppy has finally grown up ヽ(´▽`)/

Jun Yingzhe: woof woof (◕ᴥ◕ʋ)

 Li Zhepang: woof woof (◕ᴥ◕ʋ)

Wen Xi: …

Wen Xi: t(-_-t)

Jun Yingzhe: what a fierce little puppy~

Li Zhepang: oooh I’m scared

Wen Xi reached out to hit the back of Jun Yingzhe’s head. “Aren’t you supposed to be preparing for the party battle?”

Jun Yingzhe laughed heartily as he rubbed his head, while his other hand continued sending gifs of puppies in their group chat. “All prepared, you sure you don’t want to join?”

“No, you guys go ahead.” Wen Xi shook his head and sat back down to review Lightwind’s gameplay videos. With how busy he would be the next day with the duo and solo battles and ahem who knows what else, he had spent the morning finishing up his schoolwork prep for the following week and was devoting the rest of his free time to preparing for the solo battle with Gu Qingfeng.

“Alright then. Ah Pang’s asking if little puppy and his boyfriend are free next Saturday for a triple date,” Jun Yingzhe said as he looked up from his phone. “Haha, this guy’s been waiting to show off his new girlfriend.”

A triple date? For so many years, he and Li Zhepang had become the unofficial lightbulbs accompanying Jun Yingzhe and sister-in-law on their many dates. Now he had a boyfriend and could go on dates together…

“Let me ask Qingfeng if he’s free,” Wen Xi mumbled with the tips of his ears red.

“Mn.” Jun Yingzhe noticed a small smile playing around his friend’s lips, bent over while texting. I’m glad you’re happy now. He had always been worried for his friend, sensing that he had some deeper emotional issues regarding his sexual orientation, and was very careful about how he interacted with the people around him. He had discussed at length with Li Zhepang on how to get their friend to come out of his shell and tried various things over the years to no avail. Wen Xi had always been tight-lipped about his feelings and what he had been through. Now with Gu Qingfeng in the picture, Wen Xi was still their same thin-skinned friend but seemed to walk with a lighter step, even greeting the pair of guild member juniors with a smile when they met in school.

“He says ok.”

“What about little puppy? Is little puppy okay too?” Jun Yingzhe teased.

Wen Xi growled in response, giving the laughing Jun Yingzhe another smack to the back of his head before lying down in bed to listen to Gu Qingfeng’s messages with his earbuds in.

Gu Qingfeng: Of course~ Any time, any where, as long as my Xiao Xi is there~

Gu Qingfeng: Shall we wear matching clothing?

Gu Qingfeng: Couple wear? (≧◡≦)

Gu Qingfeng: That white shirt you wore to the hospital was quite nice~ (♥‿♥)

Gu Qingfeng: So see-through when wet

Gu Qingfeng: Were you trying to seduce the sick patient in the hospital?

Gu Qingfeng: Ahh, I hope it rains on Saturday and you wear that shirt

Gu Qingfeng: Ah no, I can’t let other people see my wet little puppy like that

Gu Qingfeng: Maybe you bring that shirt tomorrow? Hehe

Gu Qingfeng: That wet shirt… and the puppy ears…

Gu Qingfeng: Oh my god, my nose is bleeding.

Wen Xi: …Gu Qingfeng. You better not be recording those voice messages with Jia Xiong next to you.

Gu Qingfeng: Hehe, of course not~

Gu Qingfeng: Xiao Xi, you’re in your dorm right?

Wen Xi: Yes, why?

Gu Qingfeng: You… haven’t seen anything online yet, right?

Wen Xi: ??

Wen Xi: The party battle? Aren’t you watching with Jia Xiong?

Gu Qingfeng: Ah, yes.

Seems like he hasn’t seen the forum. Better to keep him preoccupied while I make my way over… Gu Qingfeng opened the door to the taxi and got in. “C University dormitory, please, Uncle.”

The taxi driver uncle gave a gap toothed grin. “Sure thing. Going to see your girlfriend?” The driver asked as he drove off. “Cross-university relationships, eh?”

Gu Qingfeng laughed and answered, “Yes, going to see my cute boyfriend. Can’t bear to be apart from him.”

The taxi driver’s eyes widened in shock as he nearly swerved. B-Boyfriend?! What’s wrong with young people nowadays? Why are they so wild? Tsk.

Gu Qingfeng did not notice the uncle’s changing expressions as he was preoccupied with his boyfriend’s sweet texts:

Wen Xi: I liked the outfit you wore that day we had milk tea

Wen Xi: The dark blue top and jeans

Gu Qingfeng’s grin widened—his shy boyfriend would never say these things out loud, even in text he was reticent, always hesitating before expressing his true feelings. About to squeal joyfully in reply, he stopped short as Wen Xi’s text came in:

Wen Xi: …very sexy

Fuck. Forget having a quick chat, I’m going to kidnap this little puppy.


Short and small bit of fluff, woof (◕ᴥ◕ʋ)

1