Chapter Thirty-Four
14 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gu Qingfeng got his wish as Wen Xi ended up staying over and they spent most of the time sleeping off the fever, getting up only to have some porridge, wash up, and change Gu Qingfeng’s bandages. The wounds on his arm had already stopped bleeding, and when their fevers finally broke in the morning, Mother Gu got ready to go back to C City.

“Xiao Bai~” Wen Xi sat on the ground, happily waving the spring onion shaped dog toy around as the small white dog jumped around, trying to grab the toy. “How can you be so cute, ahhh…”

Gu Qingfeng sat on the sofa, admiring the cute boy admiring the cute dog, as he secretly took some photos. He agreed, “Mn, so cute…”

Wen Xi flushed and shot him a look as Mother Gu laughed. “Okay, my sons, I have to go. Papa Gu’s waiting for me.”

They helped carry the bags to the car and Xiao Bai whined as it pawed at Wen Xi, sensing that they were about to part. “Be good,” Wen Xi sternly admonished as he clipped the dog in.

Gu Qingfeng felt a shiver run down his spine at his words. He had mostly gotten used to Wen Xi’s voice—he still liked it very much, but as a whole sexy, adorable package rather than just the voice alone. But he still got especially hot and bothered when Wen Xi said certain things, or when he did that throaty laugh, or when he made those soft moans when they kissed…

“Okay, goodbye mum,” Gu Qingfeng said as he hurriedly closed the car door behind her while humming in his head: Once she’s gone, we’ll be alone, alone, alone~

Mother Gu smirked at him through the open window, knowing exactly what her cheeky son was thinking but not calling him out. “Mn. Xiao Xi, message me if he bullies you. Papa Gu and I will come down and teach him a lesson.” She had used Xiao Bai’s photos as a reason to exchange contact details earlier. “Goodbye, my sons~” she said as she winded up the car window and drove off.

Gu Qingfeng waited until the car turned around the corner before sidling up to Wen Xi for a hug. “What shall we do now~ Shall we go on a date?”

Seeing that there was no one around, Wen Xi hugged him back as he said regretfully, “I need to prepare for class tomorrow.”

“Ah, I see...” Gu Qingfeng drooped sadly.

“I could borrow your laptop and access my notes from there? We can’t go out, but at least we can hang out here.” Wen Xi suggested. Gu Qingfeng had prepared a few necessities with the intention to stay the night with his mother, amongst which was his laptop which he had wanted to use for gaming with Wen Xi.

“Okay!” Gu Qingfeng instantly brightened up—spending time all by themselves in their two-person world in the apartment was even better than going out. “Let’s go get some ingredients first, I’ll make you my famous fried rice for lunch.”

They happily walked over to the nearest supermarket just two blocks away.

“Don’t we look like an old married couple?” Gu Qingfeng gleefully commented on their reflection as they walked side by side pushing the shopping trolley in the supermarket.

Glancing over, Wen Xi agreed, the question thoughtlessly slipping from his mouth, “Who’s the husband?”

Gu Qingfeng’s head swivelled in surprise, then he grinned, “Well, it’s up to you…” He paused as the thought came to mind. “Have you ever…?”

Wen Xi blushed furiously as he looked around the empty aisle. “No, I’ve not… dated anyone else.”

Gu Qingfeng’s hand itched to slide along Wen Xi’s waist but he held back, settling for discreetly interlacing their hands on the trolley handlebar. He leaned over to breathe into Wen Xi’s ear, “Want to try?”

Wen Xi felt his body reacting to the stimulation. “I-I have to study,” he tried to say calmly. He then said in a voice barely above a whisper, his face red, “…maybe after.”

 “Okay~” Knowing his self-conscious boyfriend, Gu Qingfeng checked that the coast was clear before giving him a quick peck on the cheek, then cheerfully pushed their trolley over to get some eggs for the fried rice.

After a delicious lunch of fried rice quickly whipped up by Gu Qingfeng, the two sat on the sofa with Wen Xi looking through the laptop on his lap. The other sat next to him, resting his head on Wen Xi’s shoulder, playing with his phone.

“Don’t you need to study too?” Wen Xi asked as he waited for the notes to download.

Gu Qingfeng shrugged and replied, “Not really. As long as I pay attention during lectures I can pretty much remember the main points. I only need to revise a bit before the exams. Anyway, I’ll be working for my father’s company after, so just getting the degree is enough.”

“What does your father do again?” Wen Xi could not quite remember, but he vaguely recalled that Gu Qingfeng’s house had been quite large and he had never lacked the latest and newest things.

“He’s in the property business. Actually, my parents own this building,” Gu Qingfeng answered blasely, watching Wen Xi’s expression.

“The whole building??” Wen Xi looked around the apartment in shock, putting the laptop on the sofa's armrest—it was a sleek six-storey complex with modern designs and advanced security measures that indicated the high cost. Although the apartment they were in was not large, it was spacious and contemporary with the latest in in-built smart home features.

Gu Qingfeng laughed and joked, “You made the right choice to be with this rich second generation.”

Indignant, Wen Xi protested, “What? No! I didn’t choose you because of that! I didn’t even know—”

Gu Qingfeng chuckled and rubbed his hair, “I know, I'm just kidding. I’m happy as long as you’re with me. Anyway, that’s just their money, not mine. Your boyfriend will have to work hard to provide for you in the future.”

Wen Xi grumbled as he prodded at Gu Qingfeng’s dimple, “I don’t need you to provide for me, I’ll also earn a lot.”

“Mm, my Xiao Xi’s going to be a rich man~” Gu Qingfeng turned back around, taking the opportunity to delightedly lie down in Wen Xi’s emptied lap with his long legs dangling over the end of the sofa. In this position, he could feel Wen Xi’s firm supple thighs through the thin pajama pants they had changed into earlier. If he scooched a bit to the left, his face would be close to—

Wen Xi put his finger at Gu Qingfeng’s dimple and pushed his good-looking face away. “Behave. Or you get off.”

Gu Qingfeng meekly moved back, pillowing his cheek against the thigh as he pulled out his phone. With nostalgia, he opened up the Tetris app. “Remember this?” he asked as he showed his screen to Wen Xi.

Wen Xi looked up distractedly from the laptop. “You play too?”

He doesn’t remember? “A very cute boy taught me how to play,” Gu Qingfeng replied enigmatically.

Wen Xi felt a twinge in his gut.

“He was shorter than me, with the prettiest eyes I had ever seen,” Gu Qingfeng continued while playing, sneaking a glance at Wen Xi’s slightly furrowed brow. “He liked touching my face too. He confessed to me in class in front of everyone. His name is Wen—”

Wen Xi’s face was red as he covered Gu Qingfeng’s mouth with his hand, finally catching on to who the other was talking about. Grinning under Wen Xi’s palm, he gave a light kiss and moved the hand away while saying, “I wonder how he’s doing now~”

“He’s doing very well,” Wen Xi answered, focusing back on the laptop. “He’s busy trying to study without getting distracted by his rich boyfriend.”

Feeling a happy tingle at the ‘boyfriend’, Gu Qingfeng got the hint and kept quiet, letting Wen Xi concentrate.


Spring Onion Dog Toy
Cute dog toy ~(^-^)~

1