Chapter 2.Shim Sooyoung (ll)
46 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“.......”

Han Taejun’s silence was telling.

Shim Manse was an individual who had no sense of decorum. Which often led to him having to placate people who Shim Manse had offended. 

“Being an assshole is better than being a doormat.” is our family’s motto.

Whatever declaration was about to come out of Manse-Oppa would be made in the name of avoiding becoming a ‘Doormat’.

“I have no desire to serve the country”.Shim Manse proclaimed with no hesitation.

“It is not my duty to protect the weak either”

Journalists feverishly captured every frame with their cameras.

“I will not join a Guild and neither will I join the Hunter association,I will not apologise for not meeting your expectations.” His voice was nonchalant,as if he wasn’t incurring the hatred of every bitter viewer in the country.

“So, what do you plan on doing?” A confused, unidentified audience member.

“I shall be a Hunter for Hire.”

Whispers of doubt filled the air.

A Hunter for Hire? There had been no such thing before.

Unaffiliated Hunters were often hired in the black market in order to raid dungeons for its materials illegally.

If you were not a Guild or in an official collaboration with the Hunter Association,it was impossible to gain rights over a dungeon or hire hunters to enter a Gate.

“So does Shim Manse-nim plan on becoming an outlaw?” A journalist raised their hand.

“Nothing that dramatic.” He waved his hand dismissively.

“I refuse to be tied down,whether it be an organisation or this country.If you want me to fight for you,it has to be under my terms.”

Shim Manse had no intention of breaking the Law or aiding some Shady businessmen in their attempts to screw over desperate low class hunters.

“Any Guild or Country is welcome to hire me for my services through my Company.” 

Rather than a guild which would require him to pay for the right to raid a dungeon, require him to have a minimum number of members or force him to sell gathered materials for profit, Shim Manse preferred a different approach.

Everybody in the Shim Household stared at the familiar face as if they couldn’t believe the audacity of Shim Manse.

“I’ll address Hyung as CEO from now on.” It baffled even Lee Kiyoung

Lee Kiyoung’s own public address was so uneventful that people forgot about it in the span of 2 days. He had announced his 5 year contract with the Guild that held 2nd rank in Korea since it was established

[Hiraeth]

Famous for its elusive Guildmaster, the 1st S-Class to appear in Korea following the Cataclysm.

Ahn Suho (안수호)

Called ‘The Grandmaster’ by the public.

The number of people who has seen his face could be counted on one hand.In every recorded public appearance, Ahn Suho had worn a mask or used a skill to obscure his face 

The last time he had appeared in public had been 4 years ago,yet he had maintained the prestige of [Hiraeth] and safeguarded his position as one of the strongest in Korea.

There were countless articles that conspired about his past, some saying he was simply a nobody while some claimed there was evidence he had studied overseas for most of his life before returning to Korea after the Cataclysm.

Despite having just made a statement that was especially unexpected and significant because [Hiraeth] was rarely known for opening its doors. Lee Kiyoung had lacklusterly answered about 5 questions before excusing himself,leaving everyone in a daze and returning to Shim Sooyoung’s house to watch a movie and have dinner.

“Maybe I’m not actually an S-class..”

“Kiyoung-ah….It’s not you that's the problem, it’s this family that's abnormal.” Han Taejun had gently soothed his fellow freeloader.

“Hyung…..”

Why do you sound so touched?

“As for the name of the Company and means of contacting us……” Shim Manse’s words cut the air,enunciating every word playfully.

“I have a bad feeling……..” Han Taejun was spot on.

“Just take all your questions with my business partner and dearest friend, C-Class Hunter Han Taejun.” and then he left.

Leaving his audience in utter astonishment, Shim Manse left a mess in his wake for Han Taejun to clean up with a satisfied grin on his face. Jaehyuk-Oppa took over at the podium to try and settle the journalist and Guilds present.

“Now everyone, as representative of the Hunter Association, I will do my best to answer any of your questions. So please settle down.”

In the household of the cause of the chaos ,frantic screaming was filling the living room.

“Taejun-Oppa!”

“Hyung! Wake up!”

“Sooyoung-ah! Get the first aid kit! Call an ambulance!”

Han Taejun had fallen backwards with a defeated smile on his face.

‘He looks like a corpse…’ Shim Sooyoung decided to keep that thought to herself

If Han Taejun could die now, he would.

*****

[Just who is Han Taejun?]

The C-Class that holds Shim Manse by the leash

I always thought there was something dark hidden in Han Taejun, once he threatened my friend for just asking his friend for help with homework.

-Anonymous, former High School Classmate

Han Taejun once took down a whole gang with just his fist.

-Anonymous, ex-coworker

I taught him everything he knows.

-Anonymous, former employer

Personally,I think that those who think Shim Manse is Han Taejun’s lackey are ridiculous.

Taejun-Oppa would never approve of such a toxic dynamic.Han Taejun gives off the caring and responsible type like a warm summer day while Shim Manse is more rebellious with a sarcastically icy attitude to hide his scars but has a soft spot for Han Taejun.Its obvious that Han Taejun is a soft Seme while Shim Manse is a dom-

-Anonymous, went to the same University


Disclaimer: Jinsil Daily does not agree with or endorse any statements made by interviewees


*****


Just a month and a half later….


The first Hunter for Hire Company,made up of Independent C-Class Han Taejun and the 7th S-Class Hunter in Korea, Shim Manse was officially acknowledged by the Hunter Association.


[Kairos] was established.


4