Chapter 3.Shim Sooyoung (lll)
30 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Beneath an indefinite sky,an endless expanse of pure white snow stretched beyond what could be seen. A canvas of white only tainted by the streaks of red that dyed the path in his wake.

The wind was relentless, hurling snowflakes onto his face like icy daggers.There was no sun or moon in the sky, a grey blanket void of any hope.

In that cruel snowstorm that seemed like a god's wrath, a man clutched at his blood-soaked torso. His vision was blurred with red and his steps were powered only by the instinct to survive. “I’m really about to die.”

With no refuge in sight, the man could only laugh at his hopelessness.

A tired gaze at his bloody trail. 

“Where am I?” There were no records of a stage that matched the description of his current location.

In his aimless wandering, he had stumbled into an unknown snowscape.

“I’m sleepy.” His limbs were heavy and the searing pain of his wounds only became more and more sharp with each breath. The man let his legs give up, collapsing frontwards into the icy white blanket .

He had lived a good life, making his exit with a heroic bang.

“Haha…..What a joke..” Being known as a saviour who had sacrificed himself for humanity and his friends didn’t sound so bad.

Nobody would know that he died so pathetically, clutching at the snow beneath him in a place where nobody would ever find him.Nonetheless, he still lamented at having never achieved any of the goals he had wanted to achieve in life.

He never had a girlfriend,not to mention marriage.

The man had worked tirelessly to satisfy those around him just so he could live to see the next day.

“Even when I wanted to run away, I still marched up to face all that nonsensically life threatening shit. Do you have any idea how much I wanted to pretend I didn’t know those fucking lunatics.” He cursed.

“Fuck…..I want to live too…..”

His mind started to wander, and focus started to dissipate. As his eyelids became heavier and his heartbeat slowed down, the idea of giving up became increasingly more tempting.

All this started because he had defended a web novel while drunk on beer after being sacked.

“In my next life……I won’t defend you again…you maniac..” The man, whose black hair stood out in the winter veil finally closed his eyes.

*****

In my third year of University, my sister had awakened.

While on her way back from an outing with some University friends, she had been tackled by a street drunkard. A pathetic loser who had been rejected by his female colleague, who he had tried to make a move on.

The trash tried to hold down my sister but instead he had his life beaten within an inch of itself.

Shim Sarang (심 사랑 ) had awakened as the first S-Class talented in Korea to possess the Exclusive attribute [Artisan].

Shim Sarang is my twin sister, ahead of me in life by only 11 minutes.

We were often referred to as the perfect representation of our parents' union. While I had inherited my father’s common black hair and my mother’s mysterious grey eyes, Sarang boasted a crown of white thread and my father’s black eyes.

Although we were born with the same face, my sister possessed an ethereal beauty and a cheerful personality. We had different interests, hobbies, and styles. It was understandable that people gravitated towards her constantly.

An aspect of Shim Sarang that few of her acquaintances or even friends are aware of is that she was crazy about money. Sarang had displayed an obsession with possessing things with value from a young age.

And what is more valuable in the capitalist Society of Korea than money.

“Lee Kiyoung can’t come this year.” Shim Sooyoung commented while opening a can of beer.

Ahn Suho had put him off his probation period one year into his contract, and were now fully making use of S-class talented Lee Kiyoung in earnest. It would be much more difficult for him to take vacations, especially if its to slack off, eat and watch television.

“That’s too bad….Then again, Kiyoung-ah doesn’t get along well with Sarang so maybe its for the best.” Taejun-Oppa set down the pot of Ramyun he had just made, taking a seat on the floor.

After Kairos was formed, Manse-Oppa had left all administrative duties and any responsibilities that required social interaction to Han Taejun.

Despite being a C-class, Han Taejun was not useless in battle.

Han Taejun had impressive stats in comparison to even A-class talented people, and his exclusive attribute was useful in most situations.

[Unwaverable Presence]

Han Taejun possessed an overwhelming natural charisma, a skill that provided support to any targeted allies within a 20km radius by amplifying their abilities to a maximum of 1.3X of its original strength and was able to create an intimidating atmosphere capable of suppressing A-class hunters.

Considering his versatility and leadership skills, you might be wondering why he was judged as a C-class.

Simply put, his biggest trump card, his support skill had a cooldown time too long and in effect for too short to be considered valuable.

Furthermore, though his physical stats were above average, his psychological stats were typically in the range of D-F. He had no skills to protect him psychologically, leaving him defenceless to mental attacks.

If he were to be attacked by a monster which influenced its target's psyche or caused hallucination, Han Taejun would be the first to be killed.

As a result, Han Taejun rarely accompanied Shim Manse on raids and instead handled the finances and any human matters. Whenever Kairos was confronted by lower ranked Guilds who underestimated the C-class in front of them, he would use his attribute to effectively bring them down to their knees.

He also wasn’t afraid to fight back if attacked, leading to his reputation within the Hunter circle in Korea and even worldwide to rise. Those who had been confronted by him had described him as suffocating,terrifying and some even called him a bigger monster than his business partner.

This all led to Han Taejun gaining the title [The Consigliere]. 



2