Chapter 4.Alone (l)
32 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If Han Taejun is the Consigliere, that makes Shim Manse a Mafia Boss. 


Each time he was addressed as or teased as the Consigliere, Taejun-Oppa would hide his face like he was ashamed.


After his fiasco of a public address, Manse-Oppa gained more and more of a reputation as some ferocious dog. 


Whenever he emerged from a job, even with the guts and blood of a monster on him, a wide grin was always drawn on his face. 


If he was required to be accompanied by escorts for a job by the customer, comments on his brutality and ruthlessness would arise.


“He seems like a nice person and he even offered me snacks while taking a break…….but I can never forget the sight of him stomping on the already dead corpse of that demonic wolf….”


“Shim Manse is an absolute monster. Even when we had unexpected encountered a bone dragon accompanied by wraiths, he didn’t hesitate. Even Kang Daehyun Isn’t that crazy…”


His behaviour at home hadn’t changed at all. Despite being cursed at by Han Taejun more frequently, he had just shrugged it off.


Shim Manse emerged from upstairs in a long grey shirt and striped pyjama pants.


‘Oppa…..you’re ruining your image…’ If his fans saw him now, their dreams would be shattered.


Actually…..there might be some who fantasise about a sight like this, hair in a mess, exposed forehead and bunny slippers on his feet.


Groaning about how a recent dungeon break had messed up one of his future deals, oppa languidly sat down and leaned back on the spot next to me


“Sooyoung-ah~ You should eat the Ramyun before it gets cold.”


“Did you add any pork belly, I want to eat meat.” Manse-Oppa poked at Taejun-Oppa.

“Fuck off. The ramyun is for Sooyoung not you,go make your own!”  

Considering that they had pizza and fried chicken the previous time,Han Taejun had come prepared and already ordered Tangsuyuk and Jajangmyeon.

But the delivery was running late and Shim Sooyoung had returned from her lecture without having any lunch.

Shim Sooyoung glanced over at Han Taejun from her spot on the sofa.

With the feared Consigliere,known for his dual personality, currently sitting on her floor,peeling an apple in a pink apron that her sister bought for him 4 years ago as a birthday present, she felt it was a good thing he was a C-class or else the national image of S-classes would be thrown down the gutter once again.

Unlike our brothers, Sarang was more straightforward and avoided making sarcastic jabs at the others guilds,politicians or even the public. Appearing demure but not weak, she quickly introduced herself properly and announced her plans for the future.

“Considering I am the second only person to have awakened with an attribute and skills to operate as a craftsman, I will be opening my own workshop, [Narae Atelier], by the end of this year.”

In the 7 years since the Cataclysm, the only other Hunter capable of crafting items not sold in the Hunter Market by the system is S-class talented Frederick Isambard, a recluse blacksmith from Germany.

Isambard awakened 7 months after the cataclysm when a wild monster which had escaped from a dungeon break had killed his beloved wife of 39 years and 15-year-old son. He was found by the authorities 5 days later,with the corpse of the monster having been brutally broken down like and animal and its horn having been used as the main ingredient of the first weapon the S-class had ever crafted.

Frederick had buried the dead bodies of his family in the hill behind his countryside house.

He refused to craft weapons for even the hunters of the greatest guilds in the world and chased away anybody who tried to force him to leave his house.

The only hunters who had ever received a weapon made with the hands of a S-class blacksmith were the earnest few who had visited the man firsthand and somehow won his approval.But I could count the number of such hunters on 1 hand.

The Artisan, Shim Sarang’s decision to open an independent workshop was reasonable in comparison to Frederick Isambard. Considering the Shim family history, journalists and Guilds were unwilling to walk the fine line of criticising Shim Sarang for working for profit at the risk of being blacklisted.

No matter how naïve Shim Sarang looks, they couldn't guarantee she would take any challenge lying down.

Just as she had promised, Narae Atelier opened its doors by the end of 2018 with the workshop being set-up in a quaint building in Gyeongju. 

Sarang moved to Gyeongju after formally dropping out of University, she was never a fan of studying anyway and what use was a diploma to an S-class.


“Sooyoung-ah. I’ll make the most beautiful items the world has seen and come back with a lot of money so don’t get lonely!” She was only older than me by 11 minutes but she had always insisted on treating me like a baby.

In the time when she prepared for her departure,Sarang always looked at me uneasily.

She would pause to think what I would want to hear or gauge my reaction.

I wasn’t upset that I hadn’t awakened yet. On the contrary, I‘m glad that I’m just a normal citizen.

“Are you a bunch of snakes,why are all of you people S-class?” Is something I considered asking my family.

On the day Sarang had finally moved all her belongings to Gyeongju, Manse-Oppa was in a dungeon and Jaehyuk-Oppa was handling the paperwork to officially authorise Narae Atelier.

I closed the door in front of me and walked to the balcony to see my other half off.

“Bye bye! Sooyoung-ah! I love you!” Unnie looked up at me as she got into her car.

I waved back.

Seeing her drive away, onto the main road in which I could no longer identify which car was whose,I took out a cigarette.

“Hah…….” The pungent earthy aroma filled my nostrils and the pleasant numbing sensation washed over me.

“So it’s just me left…..”

There was an oddly bitter taste in her mouth.

3