Chapter 18  Returning To Seaport City!
215 4 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Click the [ ] Button on ALL chapters! Thank You!

 

Chapter 18  Returning To Seaport City! by Harem-Fan

 

     After a couple of minutes of our passionate kissing, she hugged me and mumbled.

     "My Goddess told me you would come for me, I knew you would. And you will bring my best friend back... You saved me... Just thank you, Ken!"

     Her Goddess, Mystra? Are the Gods so bored, that maybe they are letting me Spy on their followers? No that is retarded, right?

     "Let us go Raven, we have another Goblin waiting for us."

     "What?!"

     I place my hand in hers, and cast a spell on her...

     [Fly]

     This spell does exactly what you expect. It lets you fly for 9 minutes at my new caster level 9th Sorcerer. Yes, I could tell after the battle in the South and the North, I had grown quickly. In fact, tomorrow, I can even cast my 5th level Druid magic, almost reaching my maximum caster level of 10 soon.

     And no, once I reach 10th caster-level in Druid magic, it will never raise anymore unless... I became a true Mystic Theurge? Yes, I will have Raven teach me Knowledge Religion skill, and then raise the Druids spell cap with the ability of Mystic Theurge. I will never use my Intimidation ability, so I can sacrifice it to retrain my efforts.

     Raven, seeing my serious look at her, asked.

     "What? Is there something on my face? Did I do something wrong kissing you?"

     I put on a warm smile seeing this serious woman get flustered. So I told her.

     "Fly with me to my companion, and I was thinking, I would love it if you taught me more about Religion, Raven?"

     As I flew up, she followed. I saw she had smiled as I left, and I think that was a yes if I have ever seen one. Thankfully, finding South is simple, so I spot the road no problem...

-

     A few minutes later, the two of us land at the Goblin pissing on the fire to make it smoke more, sigh?!

     Goat seeing us land, shook his twig and put it away. He waved and said.

     "Ah! Looking at her outfit, you found your Raven in time, huh?"

    Goat put his hand out for a handshake, and Raven heard what he said about me rushing for her.

     The little Goblin already knew her name too. This further strengthened her belief that her goddess sent me.

     Seeing his hand my germ-phoebe side kicked in, and I pointed with a casting of...

     [Prestidigitation: Clean]

     After Raven seeing that, with relief, shook his now clean hand. Magic is fucking awsome!

     "I am indeed Raven, nice to meet you?"

     "My illustrious great name is, Gogmurch Oddly Ahem Triumphant, but if you are friends with Ken, then just call me Goat for short. Only my friends call me Goat, and now, I have two friends, he-he."

     I then point to the fire and cast...

     [Create Water]

     And from above, 9 gallons of water came down on the now put out fire. I tell the two.

     "I will Summon some mounts for us, and we can ride back to Seaport City. I need to buy reagents to cast the Reincarnation magic to bring back Luckums."

     "Oh, did the silly Goblin Bard die, tsk-tsk, should not have become a singer, not a good class for us goblins."

     Raven just gave him a fresh wounded look and I said.

     "Don't worry Raven, I will tell Luckums everything Goat said, and she can deal with him when she comes back to us."

     "Hey, Hey, now that is not what I meant you Human tricksters!"

     Raven realizing, Goat was not that bad, just smiled, then she said.

     "Ken, just summon two mounts, and I will ride with you, I don't know how to ride well."

     Raven is a skilled woman with Diplomacy, and convinced me that that was the best option, so I agreed.

     (A/N For those not familiar with the RPG side of things, Raven was using the Diplomacy skill to request this from Ken. Ken is the protagonist, but he has no ranks in Sense Motive, and is subject to Bluffs and Convincing. This was shown when Daisy said "Ken always fell for her lies in the past." She seduced him with the Bluff skill.)

     Plus she and I can talk on the way. We do not need to rush, as long as we get there by nightfall. I then cast my 3 spells again...

     [Mount: Wind] [Mount: Lightning] [Mount: Rain]

     I summoned and named the third Horse to carry all the gear I looted and the small Goblin body. I did not want Wind to get encumbered.

     Raven put her shield and mace on the Horse called Rain, and then she sat in my arms, instead of behind me. I only smiled, because she is a bit transparent here.

     As a summoned mount, and with my riding skill, I can guide Wind even with my knees.

     So I just throw all thoughts of my future women issues to the side, and hold Raven around her slim waist. Yeah, Daisy might be a complicated topic, but she did not reveal herself or what she really wants. And I did accept Raven's lips, so... Future me, good luck. I guess, I really am that lustful past self...

    "Wind, Rain, Lightning, lets go..."

     Yes, I am doing a theme, here, can you guess what else I will name them? Now I can honestly without lying, tell others... 'I summon the wind, rain, lightning, and thunder!

     Meh, handsome guys will get a pass on telling bad jokes, it is like hot women are forgiven for doing stupid shit...

-

     A couple of hours later, with Raven leaning back on my left shoulder, she was telling me about her past, and what had led her to Seaport City.

     "And that was where I had learned I had the gift to study in the church. My mother and father still live down south in the Heartlands. You know Ken, the main bread basket farmlands of Norse Island?"

     "I think it will be South and Westward from here for about two weeks, right?"

     "Yes. And as the third daughter I did not need to run the farm, so the priests taking me for training was fine. They even gave my family 1 gold to take me to the Church."

     I smile and joke.

     "Raven, I will give you 1 gold to take you away, ha-ha! No sorry, I am only teasing. I was taken in by Fritz as a blacksmith as a child as well. I did not like fighting."

     "But Ken, you are so strong already? Is it because of your town? I am sorry..."

    My past life memories tell me, Raven is probably under the suspension bridge effect and likes me for the wrong reasons, but... I do not care. My stupid past memories make me think strange things sometimes, so I ignore it and hug her tighter to reassure her.

     "Raven, please do not walk on eggshells about it. My town can be saved in the future, I only need strength. So, just say anything on your mind."

     She closed her eyes, and then asked what she always wanted to do.

     "What... What will you do when you bring back your fiance? Will you not want to adventure with me?"

     "First you and I are both Party Leaders, so are you saying, you want to join my party, or do you want me and goat to join yours?"

     She looked at me and said.

     "Can I be your Cleric, Ken? I would like that. But..."

     Well, I complained about past me making me think strange things, but dealing with women was a skill I can use. I tilt her chin to me and kiss her.

     After a short kiss, I smile and tell her the truth.

     "I have two women I love. First, my childhood love... She cannot be Reincarnated, she is probably an Undead. And do you remember meeting the barmaid in greenwood?"

     Still surprised by the kiss and Undead reveal, she only said.

     "Yeah, a pretty girl, for some reason, Luckums did not like her."

     Hmm? Did Luckums know she was a Witch?

     "Well, she and I gave each-other our firsts, but... I know she is alive. I do not know why she is hiding from me though. So, Raven, I want you to know I have issues with love and romance. But I believe honesty will be better than lying to you. So, if you want to part ways after I bring you back, Luckums, I understand."

     Thankfully, Raven thought about it for a bit. I would have been worried if she just said she was fine with it! Then a few minutes later she leaned back and asked.

     "If another woman asked you to abandon me, what would you do?"

     "That is not a real question. Naturally, the only person who can make you leave my side would only be you. Well, you are my Cleric now, right?"

     Raven, after an awkward turn around in the saddle, was now facing me with her legs over mine. She held my shoulders for balance and her blue eyes looking into my gold eyes, said.

     "Your eyes are beautiful, and something in them makes me happy. Ken, I have never been in a relationship with a man before, so just promise me one thing."

     I nodded seriously and waited for her words.

     "Promise to not break my heart, and never abandon me?"

     "Raven, I promise on my Goddesses name, I will never intentionally break your heart. Abandoning you would only happen if I die. So just be honest with how you feel, and I will try my best to accommodate you. And as you're soon to be Party Leader, I think it is a rule to pamper the Cleric, right?"

     I think I said the right thing, because she held me tight and kissed me. Then after a couple of minutes, a grumpy voice was heard.

     "Watching two Humans kissing is gonna make me throw up the Goodberry I just ate, get a room you filthy bastards!"

     Raven blushing with shame, stopped. She then pulled out a pair of Platinum Rings, a magical Focus for a spell. She asked me.

     "Ken, are you familiar with the spell, Shield Other? I can cast it, and because you are my front line Party Leader, I need to heal you from a distance?"

     This woman is a bad Bluffer. No, the spell she is talking about is a good one, but my past life tells me, she only wants to put a ring on me.

     "Yes, it is a 2nd level Cleric spell that takes half of my injuries, and transfers it to you. It is good for healing us both with your Channel Healing, and to avoid me taking a single hit killing blow. But you need to be careful with it, Raven."

     She put one ring on herself and then with a smile on her face, suspiciously put the ring on my ring finger. I do not point this out, because I am not stupid, well after my Goddess made me smarter at least.

     With a smile and one fast peck on my lips, she turned around in the saddle in a very good mood. Yeah, past me, sorry I dissed on you for all of your lovers. I now know you and I are just weak to love.

-

     We entered the City through the South Gate close to sunset, due to our home and Adventurers guild being closer for that ride. Raven will stay with us tonight, so we can resurrect Luckums in the morning.

     When we got in, Goat took the gear from the battle, and offered to sell it while we turned in the quest and signed Raven up in our party. I agreed, after casting cleaning magic and Mending magic on everything to get more gold.

     I placed Luckums's body in my room before taking the Slayer's head for the turn in Job. I will give Raven credit as a fellow party member as well.

-    If this story is on any-other site than Scribble Hub, then it was stolen without permission!

     Raven and I entered the Adventurers Guild next to our place.

     The two of us stood in line for a while due to it being a busy time as the sun goes down, so we ate a Goodberry each.

     So when we turn in the jobs, the credit will go to Daisy Black, because she is our receptionist who gave us the mission. So if I took a job in the South Branch she would not get the commission and the person taking my job slip would be the one to get it. Fortunately, she will get her fee even though I am doing the turn in here.

     The Slayer and all of my herb requests earned us a decent amount of gold, but... When I stood in the reagents line and bought the oils, even Raven flinched at the 1000 gold pieces I forked over.

     Yes the reason why most do not get brought back from the dead, is because of the cost. Not only that, but you suffer two negative levels each time you come back, and that costs more to remove than this simple 1000 gold, and the real price to come back the way you left... 3000 gold, sigh.

     This cost is why the husband and wife team was buried and why I left Krill in the stomachs of the Dire Wolves. I was only bringing Luckums back for being Raven's best friend. Well for a Goblin she was nice. But, this slows down my need for my 25000 gold. I need to bring back all those innocents from Greenwood and the ones that Dane killed.

     Looking at the valuable box of magical oils, I say to Raven who is now my Cleric.

     "We need to meet up with Goat before he spends all of our remaining gold, or he will drink it away or go to a brothel."

     Raven, a bit tired, nodded, and said.

     "We both need a good night's sleep, so you can memorize the spell and cast it. I am exhausted on top of it. I will just stay with you if that is fine?"

     "Sure, let's go."

     Gold Party +2

(A/N You know the drill, in the spoiler is Raven's sheet...)

Spoiler

Raven Crowley Female cleric of Mystra 6
N Medium humanoid (human)
Init +5; Senses Perception +3
Defense
AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 19 (+6 armor, +1 Dex, +1 deflection, +2 shield)
hp 47 (6d8+18)
Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +9
Offense
Speed 20 ft.
Melee mwk heavy mace +5 (1d8) or dagger +4 (1d4/19–20)
Special Attacks channel positive energy 9/day (DC 15, 3d6)
Cleric Spells Prepared (CL 6th; concentration +9)
3rd—dispel magic, prayer, remove disease
2nd—cure moderate wounds (2), shield other, spiritual weapon
1st—bless, cure light wounds (2), deathwatch, remove fear
0 (at will)—create water, purify food and drink, read magic, stabilize
Domains Healing, Magic; Healer's Blessing (Su): All of Raven's cure spells are treated as if they were empowered, increasing the amount of damage healed by half (+50%). Healing Domain Spells: 1st—cure light wounds, 2nd—cure moderate wounds, 3rd—cure serious wounds, 4th—cure critical wounds, 5th—breath of life, 6th—heal, 7th—regenerate, 8th—mass cure critical wounds, 9th—mass heal. Magic Domain Spells: 1st—identify, 2nd—magic mouth, 3rd—dispel magic, 4th—imbue with spell ability, 5th—spell resistance, 6th—antimagic field, 7th—spell turning, 8th—protection from spells, 9th—mage's disjunction.

Statistics
Str 11, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 17, Cha 17
Base Atk +4; CMB +4; CMD 16
Feats Combat Casting, Extra Channel, Improved Initiative, Selective Channel
Skills Diplomacy +12, Knowledge (religion) +10, Sense Motive +12, Spellcraft +10
Languages Common, Draconic
SQ aura
Rebuke Death (Sp): You can touch a living creature as a standard action, healing it for 1d4 points of damage plus 1 for every two cleric levels you possess. You can only use this ability on a creature that is below 0 hit points. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
Healer's Blessing (Su): At 6th level, all of your cure spells are treated as if they were empowered, increasing the amount of damage healed by half (+50%). This does not apply to damage dealt to undead with a cure spell. This does not stack with the Empower Spell metamagic feat.

Hand of the Acolyte (Su): You can cause your melee weapon to fly from your grasp and strike a foe before instantly returning. As a standard action, you can make a single attack using a melee weapon at a range of 30 feet. This attack is treated as a ranged attack with a thrown weapon, except that you add your Wisdom modifier to the attack roll instead of your Dexterity modifier (damage still relies on Strength). This ability cannot be used to perform a combat maneuver. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
Dispelling Touch (Sp): At 8th level, you can use a targeted dispel magic effect as a melee touch attack. You can use this ability once per day at 8th level and one additional time per day for every four cleric levels beyond 8th.

Combat Gear potions of cure light wounds (5), potion of lesser restoration, potions of remove disease (2), scrolls of consecrate (2), scrolls of delay poison (2), scrolls of resist energy (2); Other Gear masterwork chainmail, masterwork heavy mace, cloak of resistance +1, ring of protection +1, incense (worth 50 gp), marked sticks (worth 25 gp), pair of platinum rings (worth 50 gp), 463 gp

[collapse]

Click the [ ] Button on ALL chapters! Thank You!

29