Chapter 20  Worlds Youngest Mystic Theurge!
321 5 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Click the [ ] Button on ALL chapters! Thank You!

 

[A/N Changes to the character sheet for Ken have been put into a spoiler at the bottom, but if you do not understand the Pathfinder game, just skip it, because i will still tell the story without it, Thanks for reading!]

Chapter 20  Worlds Youngest Mystic Theurge! by Harem-Fan

 

     Soon, both Lilith and Raven calmed down once we got the relationship issues sorted. My next issue was clothing for my new Elven fiance.

     "Here Lilith, I am almost as tall as you, so these robes will cover you till we get you your own clothing."

     She gladly took the brown cloth robes I offered her. She has no issue with nudity, but not public nudity, is what she told me. While wearing my extra gear, she informed me and Raven.

     "Raven, back at home, I hid all of my old supplies before I was Luckums. So I will need to go back and collect it. I have another couple of sets of clothing and my weapons. Also, I will sleep with Ken, so we should return the key. We could also rent extra rooms here, or buy a bigger bed for Ken's room?"

     Lilith was throwing a lot of ideas and plans out rapidly, and Raven and I just smiled at her over excitement. I offer.

     "Before you go off, here, this is my masterwork bow and arrows, and my extra dagger. We need to sign you up to the Gold Party right next door as well. Finally, I will summon both of you mounts to travel to the North, so you can make arrangements. This should all be able to be done in one day, right?"

     Raven asked.

     "Ken, then what will you do when Lilith and I are out?"

     I smile and tell her.

     "I need to travel to your Temple of Mystra, so I can get my Mystic Theurge training, so I will need a week of schooling. Do you ladies mind letting me train?"

     Lilith, fast on her feet, hugged me with a singsong-voice and told me.

     "Dear, you do anything that makes you happy. I can work in the tavern below and make some money with my bardic skills, so we can have spending silver."

     Raven explained.

     "When I am not on Jobs, I work in my temple for silver as well, so no problem. And I can ride with you there and back, so you wont get turned around in the streets, fufu."

     I point to the Goblin body and ask.

     "Lilith?"

     Lilith, remembering something crucial, gently smacked her forehead, then went to the body and grabbed only two things, A ring and a coin pouch.

     [Prestidigitation: Clean]

     After cleaning the two items she slid the ring on her right middle finger, and it magically sized to fit her new larger hand. She spoke a command word...

     [Invisibility]

     Then, Lilith vanished from sight, but I could tell where she was, sneaking behind me. Raven asked.

     "Invisibility ring? How, when?"

     I freaked Lilith out by slowly turning my head to face where she went, and she hugged me and pouted.

     "Dear, so unfair. Is it See Invisibility, Blind Sight, Scent, or Blindsense?"

     I pat her invisible back, and said.

     "Blindsense, from my Gold Dragon bloodline. So I can only sense you there and not see you, but this is why others cannot sneak up on me. I can sense out to a range of 60 feet."

     Lilith stopped the spell and showed me and Raven.

     "I am an Arcane Archer with 4 levels, and have 7 levels as a Bard, and 2 levels as a Sorceress. My bloodline is called arcane, and I have this ring as my Bonded Object. Not only can I go invisible with it, but it lets me cast one more Sorcerer spell, but I only have two, Magic Missile and True Strike. The last spell is for my archery. So if I do not wear this ring, it is hard to cast my Sorcerer spells."

     I look closely at the ring on the hand I am holding, and admire its magical nature. I smile and tell her.

     "You really are amazing, Lilith, to think you really are a Gold Rank Adventurer! I feel I need to get stronger faster to match you."

     She kindly rubbed my face and told me.

     "I have so many negative levels, I am only a strong Silver Rank right now, so I am not yet amazing, till we earn enough gold to reverse my curse. You, on the other hand, will make me the inferior one in the future, my dear, right Raven?"

     "I think so too, so I want to also get strong, to not fall behind."

     While I was admiring Lilith's hand, I asked the burning question.

     "By the way, how old are you, Lilith?"

     She looked out the window and muttered...

     "...18."

     I will clarify.

     "Wait, I am 18 and Elf live longer, are you really only 18? Do High Elf mature faster?"

     "Damn it Ken, I am 118 but for a human, it is like 16."

     I smile seeing her get flustered, and she also knows I am amused, but then she blurted.

     "Raven just turned 21, he-he!"

     Raven turned red and pointed to the much taller woman and said.

     "I told you that in confidentiality, and Ken never asked!"

     "Hey, Raven, I like older women too, you know."

     After some more pointless conversation, we made our way down. As for the body, she is throwing it into the sea.

-

     Later that day, the ladies split from me and goat after we settled the Party issue, and Lilith got her license back, but left it at Gold Level, for her vanity, plus she will get her negatives removed sooner or later.

     So what are the boys doing? I am going to get assessed and taught the ways of the Mystic Theurge, and Goat is making sure I don't get lost. While I train, he will be getting more ammunition and black powder for his gun.

-

     To make shit obvious, I let my Holy Symbol of Mother Nature show proudly.

     I enter the large entrance into the purple, black, and blue Temple of Magic. I found a Cleric to assist me, and I asked.

     "Miss, I am a Party member with Raven Crowley, and she told me I could pay for Mystic Theurge training here. If you could assist me, I would be very happy."

     The middle-aged receptionist nodded with a good natured smile and pointed to a side chamber.

     "Right here is our worship and training center, it leads down into the basement level where you can find the library as well. Hmm? Actually, if you are friends with Raven, then I will guide you, come with me."

-

    Thanks to the Gods she led me to the room, because I think I would have ended up in a forbidden room or something! I was introduced to a Mystic Theurge, an old man and he took my fee and signed me up.

     "Hello young one, Mr Gold. I am Alex Hack-bar, and I am a 3rd level Witch or Warlock to be gender specific, and a 3rd level Druid. My Mystic Theurge level is 10th. Let us assess your skills."

     So he first started to quiz me on my newfound religious knowledge and then had me cast a 2nd level Arcane and Divine spell.

     "To only be 18 and already grasp the secrets of Synthesis, though only the entrance, good, good. Sorcerer and Druid magic will blend nicely. Here, read this, and let me teach you the secrets of Combined Spells!"

     And for the full day, I made more progress than the teacher had anticipated, and to his stupefaction, I learned in one day, what takes others a week. I believe it was my Advanced Human addition my goddess bestowed upon me, or it is the work of the Systems skills that are left behind for me.

     With my training done, I bid farewell, and headed to the Guildhall to visit Daisy.

-

     Entering the Guildhall just as the sun is setting, the rush is here.

     I looked to see if Daisy was working, and I noticed her at the 10th line, so I made my way there. The ginger haired Witch had caught sight of me, and I stood in line.

     So this time she did not pull me to the front and cause me trouble, but simply asked a staff member to put a closed line behind me.

     After about 15 minutes of watching the men all try to impress Daisy, my turn finally came.

     "Ken, I am glad to see you safe. I saw your quest complete yesterday, but I got worried for you when my Hex returned to me."

     I smile at her knowing the reason she Teleported to me makes sense. So I informed her.

     "Sorry to not come straight to you first, but many strange and good things happened to me in this short time."

     She smiled and asked.

     "I saw you gained two new members in your Gold party, how did you party up with them? And your last member is a Gold Adventurer?"

     "The reason the Gold joined... She is going to be my wife. She is an Elven Princess."

     "AH! What?"

     Yeah, she was not expecting that even seeing Raven did not startle her like that.

     "Ken, how? No, you only lost your fiance... No, Ken, please come with me, quickly?!"

     Her cat jumped on her shoulder and she hopped over the counter to be with me. She took my hand and pulled me out of the Guildhall...

-    If this story is on any-other site than Scribble Hub, then it was stolen without permission!

     I could tell she was agitated, and brought me away from too many prying eyes. A bar was in sight, and we went there.

     She looked around and found a booth for four and pulled me to it. After we sat, she said.

     "Ken, I have something I want you to know, but... I need you to promise to not hate me after."

     "My guess, it has something to do with the fact you know about my dead fiance?"

     Her look of knowing I caught that hurt, and she nodded,but before she said it, the server came and asked for our order.

     "Bring us a bottle of Black Label Whisky and two glasses, oh and a bowl of milk."

     After the server left, she turned her blue eyes to me and said.

     "I wanted to save you from the shadows, but... There was a strong Vampire. I could not save you... I wanted you to run, and with me alive, you never would have, so I faked my death."

     She then touched her hat and uttered a command word...

     [Disguise Self]

     In front of me was the barmaid Daisy, with a silver hair-clip instead of her hat. She said,

     "I had always used this look back home, and so when I adventured, no one would bother my parents. I am so sorry, Ken..."

     At that moment the server brought the order, but she blinked in confusion, thinking her mind was playing tricks, because the woman who ordered looked different?! I only smiled at her confused leaving back, and I asked Daisy.

     "When I had suspicions about you, why did you not just tell me then?"

     [Prestidigitation: Clean] [Prestidigitation: Chill]

     After I cast my magics, I poured her and I a full shot each. She told me about seeing me die and when she bumped into me, she panicked and made the dumb decision to keep the falsehood going. So after she told me about how she had planned to save me in Greenwood I asked the burning question.

     "Why me? You are a Silver level Witch, why did you want to be with a man who was already engaged?"

     "Ken, I don't believe in love... Well, I never did, and I thought everyone that did was stupid and naive, until I met you. Back when you came to my village, I could not explain it, but my heart just beat fast, and I only wanted to know you, and learn everything about you. I am a smart woman, and I have no fucking clue, why I just love you?! I know no magic was involved, so I researched it, and studied you..."

     By this time, we have polished off half the bottle, and her cat is sound asleep on its back laying on the table. I told her.

     "What do you want to do now, Daisy? Unless you let me know, nothing will move forward?"

     Her face got closer and she said.

     "I just want to teleport away with you to a place no one knows us, and live a normal life, make a family, and grow old together. A normal boring happy life. But you and I both know, this is not a life we are going to have. I can tell you what I do not ever want... For you to leave me behind."

     I finish the glass and put the cup down, and I stare at the bottle, and tell her what I want.

     "Lilith and Raven are here to stay. If you can accept this fact, I miss your company. Lilith and Raven know about you, and are fine with you."

     "Wait, you already knew?! How, when? And why did you not tell me?"

     My bluff is so damn stupid I spin a reasonable lie, to protect my spying dreams, sigh.

     "I had my suspicions with your voice, name, and smell. But when you broke into my room last night, I confirmed it with your own words."

     "Huh? Damn it, you were awake after-all, sigh. I was worried about the Hex."

     "In order to use that spell, you needed to visit my home or look in the window, or have your cat, Ken, be there. So yes, I figured it out, but that is not the point. The point is, I am a package deal with Lilith and Raven."

     Poor Daisy has felt her perspective shift seeing her gullible Ken grow up so fast, and become sharp, so she nodded her head and vowed.

     "I promise to not harm your lovers, oh, and his name is not Ken, it is Salem, Ufufu. Also, when my one month of City attainment is over, I want to join your Gold Party, Ken. I won't let you leave me behind if you go to another plane or country without me on an adventure, so you must take me."

     "Daisy, I do not want to leave you behind as well. Oh, and just so you know, I love your ginger true self's look. And welcome to the Gold Party."

     Daisy could not hold back, and removed her first Barmaid look, and with her true appearance leaned in to kiss me...

     Gold Party +4!

 

(A/N For those familiar with the Pathfinder game, or you are curious, this is Ken's current updated sheet. Anything with a line through it, is unusable or not yet acquired.)

Spoiler

Ken Gold, Human sorcerer 3/mystic theurge 1* +System Perks

Neutral, Medium-Sized humanoid (advanced, human)

Initiative +8; Senses blindsense 60 ft. Perception +14; +7 to locate traps.

Defense Armor Class 24, touch 14, flat-footed 20 (+4 Dex, +6 natural, +4 mage armor)
Health Points 67 (3d6+1d6+23+20*)
Fortitude +8, Reflexes +6, Willpower +11; Immunity to paralysis, sleep, and fire*

Offense Speed 30 ft., fly 60 ft. (average)
Melee* longsword +19/+14/+9 (1d8+4/19-20) or 2 claws* +14 (1d6+4 plus 1d6 fire)
Ranged* composite longbow +19/+14/+9 (1d8/×3)
Special Attacks* breath weapon (30-foot cone, [9d6*] 20d6 fire,  3/day), claws (2, 1d6+4 plus 1d6 fire, magic, 17 rounds/day) [Breath Effects are only 5 levels higher due to his current body capability, so he is 9th level for it.]

Spell-Like Abilities (CL 10th; concentration +17*)
100 minutes/day—disguise self

Sorcerer Spells Known (CL 21th; concentration +28*) [Spell Effects are only 5 levels higher due to his current body capability, so he cast spells at 9th caster level effects.]

9th (6/day)—meteor swarm, resplendent mansion, time stop, wish
8th (6/day)—form of the dragon III (gold), rain of arrows, stormbolts, sunburst
7th (7/day)—delayed blast fireball, firebrand, form of the dragon II (gold), limited wish
6th (7/day)—disintegrate, flesh to stone, form of the dragon I (gold), stone to flesh
5th (7/day)—break enchantment, fabricate, fire snake, spell resistance, teleport
4th (7/day)—amnesia, greater darkvision, fear, greater invisibility, illusory wall, remove curse, wall of fire
3rd (8/day)—dispel magic, fireball, fly, gaseous form, haste, heroism, slow, vampiric touch
2nd (8/day)—false life, glitterdust, invisibility, mirror image, resist energy, scorching ray, see invisibility, stone call
1st (8/day)—fastidiousness, mage armor, magic missile, mount, obscuring mist, preserve, shield, shocking grasp
0 (at will)—acid splash, arcane mark, detect magic, detect poison, disrupt undead, grasp, jolt, mage hand, open/close, prestidigitation, ray of frost, read magic, spark

Bloodline draconic (gold)

Druid Spells* Prepared (CL 11th; concentration +15*) [Spell Effects are only 5 levels higher due to his current body capability, so he cast spells at 9th caster level effects.]
6th—fire seeds
5th—cure serious wounds, greater neutralize poison
4th—explosion of rot, freedom of movement (2), grove of respite
3rd—cure moderate wounds (2), remove disease, sylvan hideaway, water breathing
2nd—burst of radiance, flame blade, lesser restoration (3)
1st—cure light wounds (2), faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
0 (at will)—create water, light, mending, purify food and drink

Spontaneous Casting: Ken can channel stored spell energy into summoning spells that he hasn't prepared ahead of time. Ken can “lose” a prepared Druid spell in order to cast any summon nature's ally spell of the same level or lower.

Statistics Str 19, Dex 18, Con 22, Int 18, Wis 19, Cha 25
Base Attack Modifier +1; Combat Maneuver Bonus +5; Combat Maneuver Defense 19

Feats Arcane Blast 11th, Blind-Fight*, Dampen Presence-13th, Eschew Materials, Extend Spell, Extra Spell Synthesis-15th, 17th, and 19th, Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative*, Iron Will, Lesser Spell Synthesis-5th and 7th, Toughness*, Quick Draw*, Quicken Spell-9th

Skills Acrobatics*(climbing, jumping, swimming) +23, Appraise +11, Fly +11, Deception*(acting, bluff, disguise, feinting) +31, Diplomacy +15, Knowledge (religion) +10, Knowledge*(geography, local, nature, arcana) +15, Heal and Herbalist*+15, Perception +11, Profession (blacksmith) +11, Ride*(drive, handle animal) +15, Sense Motive +8, Spellcraft*+15, Survival*+15, Thievery*(disable devices, pick pockets, slight of hand, stealth, trapfinding) +28/+30, Use Magic Device +14 ; *from System, and comes with Skill Focus +3/+6. +2 masterwork thieves’ tools.

Languages Common, Elven, Draconic, Druidic, Dwarven, Goblin, Halfling, Gnome, Orc, and Sylvan.

Special Qualities: Bloodline Arcana, Hide in Plain Sight (Ex), Dragon Resistances (Ex), Wings (Su), Power of Wyrms (Su), Sure-Footed (Ex), Trapfinding, One of Those Faces (Sp).

Traits Well Provisioned Adventurer, Friend In Every Town.

Combat Gear: Goodberries (24), Acid (2), scroll of web, wand of cure moderate wounds (15 charges), wand of lightning bolt (7 charges), scrolls of comprehend languages (2), scroll of detect secret doors (2), scrolls of identify (2), scroll of rope trick (2), wand of mage armor (15 charges) potions of cure light wounds (2), potion of gaseous form, 3 potions of cure moderate wounds.

Other Gear: cloak of resistance +1, masterwork thieves’ tools, Backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, candles (5), chalk (5 pieces), flint and steel, ink, inkpen, ioun torch, journal, magnifying glass, mess kit, scroll box, silk rope (50 ft.), spell component pouch, trail rations (5 days), waterskin, 24 gp. Total Weight: 45 lbs.

[collapse]

Click the [ ] Button on ALL chapters! Thank You!

31