Chapter 27  Room And Board At The Golden Nugget!
254 10 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Click the [ ] Button on ALL chapters! Thank You!

 

Chapter 27  Room And Board At The Golden Nugget! by Harem-Fan

 

     Our wagon had started to follow the black carriage with the Gnome and Butler.

     The warehouses and small port is outside the Large City's defensive walls, and we slowly turn into the main gates of the town. We are just ever so slightly above sea level on the West side of the massive island. In the distance, we can tell near the back of this large city, the Count's mansion overlooks the main-street and all of the city.

     About ten guards man the main gate and the ramps above to make sure no monsters or trouble takes place here on the port side.

     The defensive wall of the city is about ten feet thick and 20 feet high. The roads are made of cobblestone only on the main streets, and the alleys are just rough stonework slabs. I think magic was used to make the earth and transmute it to stone.

     My guesstimate of the number of homes in this town would probably be about 200, not counting the stores lining the main street.

     Near the gate is a bar with a picture of a sailor drinking a mead, with a prostitute in his lap... Yeah, effective advertisement! The name of the place is called.. [Betty's Bottoms Up]

     Raven's vanilla flavored breath made it into my ears. Yes, she likes vanilla sticks as a treat.

     "No paying for prostitutes dear, alright?"

     I gave her lips a smooch and grin.

     "Never. Why would I want to do something like that? I believe we should have real feelings, right?"

     Her gloved hand patted my cheek, liking my answer.

     I also see some metal shops, general-stores, and barkers lining the main street as we pass them. All the other groups who have never been here before are looking around curiously.

     I saw down some of the alleys, miners living in wooden crates, looking down on their luck. Well they cannot mine right now, and their pay will not keep coming. Job security and fairness are not a normal concept in my world, unlike my last world in Pangaea.

     Soon we passed by a red colored three story building with many erotically dressed women waving and cat calling to our group. Naturally, this is a real brothel, and I mostly ignored it, but...

     "Holy Witches titties! They have a female Goblin prostitute honey in there! And fuck, her big head is hot as hell, he-he! Ken, I gotta go there, he-he!"

     "Ah! No sorry Goat, I will not join you there, but make sure to not take your valuables when you go, or it will get robbed. But wait till after the Ruins are explored, can you wait?"

     "Hell to the No! This amazing Goat is going to romance her tonight. I will place a dead bird at her doorstep, and sing her the Goblin mating song! Then maybe she will give me a ¾ discount. Sorry boss, Goat is getting lucky tonight!"

     Lilith pats my shoulder and says.

     "Husband, we will not enter till the earliest tomorrow, let Goat play. We need a good night's rest as well. Plus Raven wants to hold you tonight, right Raven?"

     Raven only nodded, not wanting to say it outloud in front of strangers.

     Rock said to Goat.

     "Well, green man, I think I will have to follow you there, to make sure you don't cause trouble, cough. It is not to partake in any covetous and shameful debauchery."

     "Rocky, why are your eyes looking at that big human woman? And she must know you, because she keeps blowing you kisses?"

     The Dwarf ignores the small woman and looks noble.

-

     Soon we made it to the bottom of Star estate.

     It had its own private wall and the guards let us pass with no fuss. The road to get to the top of this small plateau, wraps in a counterclockwise corkscrew. So we had to circle the whole plateau to reach the top where the yard and manor lay.

     The home was a 2 floor mansion with an area of 100 feet by 100 feet. Gardens and greenhouses surrounded the home, with one whole side having apple trees, and the other-side orange trees. Many berry and nut bushes and small trees could be seen. A well thought out and defensive home. They even have a stable to the left side with servants quarters above it.

     Six maids lined the walkway to the roundabout, with two noble people standing side by side. Based on the picture, it is the Count, and probably his wife.

     Count Thaddeus Belmont, a tall and stern looking man with dark brown hair and a trimmed facial hair. His suit is of high quality, most likely to show us his importance to Duke Theodore Avondale.

    Countess Heather Belmont, at his side must be his newest wife at half his age, and married for her youth and beauty. She is his second wife after his first wife tumbled late at night off the plateau.

     I did say this world did not have divorce, but death is still the only way out of marriage, so sadly, men and women meet sad ends when they fail to be loving partners. With my past life memories, this act is sad to see, but my world is primitive to my last Earth.

     "I am Count Thaddeus Belmont, and this is my wife, Heather Belmont. Adventurers, welcome to my city of Fish-kill. I am glad you have answered the dire call of our Kingdom, to free the mines from the threat of the Undead ruins beneath us on this isle."

     He waves his arm to the maids, and they ask for the party leaders to raise their hands, and then each maid comes to one of us. I am given a scroll-case, a key, and a pouch of gold.

     "All five of your parties have been given a known map of the Star Metal Mines, a room key at the gambling hall, the Gold Nugget, and your base payment we offered. So, go rest, enjoy the pleasures of my island, and then tomorrow the mines will be opened for your groups to enter. First come first served for entering. Now, I apologize for being brisk, but my duties are important. The wagons will take you to the Golden Nugget, goodbye..."

     His wife pulled him into the house, and Lilith noticed something odd and said to our group.

     "The Paladin over there was looking at his wife with an unfriendly look, she must be an Evil woman, and he felt her nature. That is why the two escaped into the home."

     The few people that noticed all looked to the Human Paladin. He was glaring daggers at the retreating woman's back, hmm?

     Goat rubbed his palms together, and sheepishly asked.

     "Ken, can we get our cut, for tonight's, um, festivities?"

     We all climbed back in, and were driven down into the town for our wasted trip up here.

-

     [The Golden Nugget]

     Glancing up at the large gambling tavern, our group steps in to see what is going on.

     Looking around, we saw many tables that were half full, with a large fireplace, a large bar, and many tables for a game of chance.

     The racial diversity here is not bad, with a good mix of all of the common humanoids.

     Goats eyes are sparkling, Lilith is just scanning the place for unusual people, Raven is now holding my arm feeling all the stares on her body, and Linda is open-eyed with all of the individual stimulation. I had also noticed a Church across the way, so I will take Linda there after we get our room straightened out. I then said to the group.

     "Room 7 upstairs is ours, let's take a look before I give everyone their gold to use."

     So we passed through the large establishment to the steps up, and eventually found room 7.

     I listened and looked for traps just in case. The fact the wife alerted the Paladin, put me on edge. So, finding nothing out of the ordinary, we entered.

     The inside of the room was a good 20 by 20 room with four single person beds. No windows are present, but thank the Gods, there is a toilet room. well, it's an indoor-outhouse that just dumps the waste into the sewers, no flushing and you have to manually pour water. But hey, better than a chamber pot.

     "Gold Party, here is the 250 gold for all four of us. Lilith, I am taking Linda across to the church to see about fixing her. Are you restoring your negative levels, or waiting?"

     Lilith shook her head and explained.

     "First, I cannot remove them all anyway. Second, if I go to the church to remove them, I still have to pay for the Diamond Dust on top of the service. So Raven is almost level 7 and can then cast Restoration, so I will just buy Diamond Dust, and she can fix me for cheaper. But go do your thing with Linda. Good luck with that, dear, fufu."

     I felt uneasy with her giggling at my attempt to help Linda, like she expects it to not go well for me. I gave Raven the room key, so the two can come back when they want. I can pick the lock if I am desperate, and Goat left the moment the gold hit his palms, sigh...

     I looked at Linda and asked.

     "Are you ready to get your life back?"

    She nodded, and I kissed the two women goodbye, then Linda and I left...

-

     Standing in front of the church of Mystra, Linda frowned and I waited. she said.

     "Ken, I think I am not a nice person. What if we start fighting when I get my memories back? I do not want to hurt you..."

     "Linda, I am not sure how bad it is to forget everything, but... even if you hate me, I will be alright with it. We might try killing one another later, and that will be our fate. I feel that by removing who you are, I have enslaved you to trust and be with me. If you do not want your past back, then I will listen to you... But I think if you don't have a past, then who are you?"

     Linda took my hand and shook it.

     "This version of me, thanks you, Ken. So let me do one last thing before our fates split..."

     Linda's fist gripped my collar and she kissed me for a while. My arms reflexively held her thin waist, and I had a feeling of kissing a childhood friend. Her eyes were closed, and it felt like she was looking for something she lost.

     Soon she broke the kiss and stepped back. Frowning, she told me.

     "Ken, I feel that I have kissed you before?! But you do not know me..."

     "I grew up in Greenwood, and I would remember kissing you, so that is not likely, but... I felt the same. Well, let's get your old life back and see what happens."

     So, she held my hand, nervous about what was next...

-

     15 minutes later...

     Bam! The double doors of the church were flung open as Linda ran out, crying and angered...

     Soon, I emerged and I sigh. Everyone seeing Linda bolt down the street looked to me, and smiles made their way on many faces. A small child pointed to me and asked his mother.

     "Mommy, why did he paint a red hand mark on his face?"

     Yeah, the moment Linda's memories flushed back in, coupled with everything that happened after, she slapped me so hard, I fell to the ground. Linda then burst into tears over the death of her brother, I am guessing.

    Her words she yelled on her way out will stick with me...

     [Ken Gold, I hate you so much, just die!]

     "The heart of women will be a mystery. Even holding your sword, you never swung it. I hope you can find happiness, Linda."

     But, just to make sure, I let out my wings, and fly to where Pam's ship is...

-

     Standing on the edge of the docks, I was surprised to see, both of her ships had left. A dock worker told me they left about 15 minutes ago with supplies. Well, Linda is still in the city then. As long as Captain Pam Claudia is safe, I don't care.

     "Huh, I think I like her... Yeah, I do. Well, I will see her in two weeks. Hmm? Time to walk back then. Oh that's right, she has my sword. Guess I will go buy another weapon for tomorrow..."

     Thinking back on this morning, I had told Pam the sword she was using from me was my self made longsword. She seemed so happy with it. I told her it was my gift for her, to remember me by. Pam replaced her other sword with mine when she left the cabin, cute.

-   If this story is on any-other site than Scribble Hub, then it was stolen without permission!

     A few blocks into the city, I sensed someone watching me from the shadows as the sun was setting. I cannot see the person, but I am more than sure, it is Linda. She is a Shadow Dancer after all. I then stopped, looked in the alley and said.

     "Linda, do you need some gold to sail off the island?"

     Her voice came from the alley.

     "How?"

     "I am just perceptive, so... Do you need some gold to travel?"

    "No."

     Frustrated, I put 10 gold in a small pouch and threw it in the alley a bit away from her. I then started walking...

     In my blindsense, I could tell she moved to where I threw the bag. I could only smile as I went back to my room at the Golden Nugget...

     Tomorrow morning, we will enter the Star Mines, then enter Kobold City...

Click the [ ] Button on ALL chapters! Thank You!

25