Chapter 28  Hmm? Those Undead Don’t Look Dead!
284 10 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Click the [ ] Button on ALL chapters! Thank You!

 

Chapter 28  Hmm? Those Undead Don't Look Dead! by Harem-Fan

 

     Currently my Scrying dream is very strange...

     I am hovering over the Gnome woman, Zena. She is setting around 20 tiny little mouse traps that are handmade with little designs on them with a smiling Zena.

     The little traps are like the ones from my last life, and very simple. A rectangular slim sheet of wood, with a couple pieces of thin wiring made to snap on the tail of a rodent when the lever is pressed.

     She is not baiting them, nor is she trying to trap a mouse... But it seems what she is trying to catch is a sleeping Half-Elf Sand?

     They also have a 4 bed shared room, and Sand along with Rick, are sleeping. Seems, like my missing Goat, Rock is out playing and missing out on what looks to be a bad joke.

     Zena, happy with the mouse traps all around Sand's bed, she moved to Rick's bed, and took out a bag of marbles, and spread them around the floor by the older sorcerer's bed.

     Patting the imaginary dust off her small hands, she smiles while nodding her head in satisfaction. Then she pulled out a cooking pot to put some rubbish paper in it and then lit the paper for a small fire.

     With the smell of smoke filling the room, she then hid under her bed and used her spell-like ability...

     [Ghost Sound]

     Squeak Squeak Squeak! From the center of the room, the noise of a large group of rats can be heard squeaking and making a ruckus.

     Rick, hearing the noise, then smelling smoke, sat up and yelled.

     "A fire! I smell smoke, the inn is on fire!"

     Slide, Thud! As poor Rick was bolting out of bed to evacuate and investigate, he slid on something on the floor, making him lose his footing and balance, forcing him to fall back in his bed.

     Snap Clack Snap Snap Clap Snap! As Sand leaped from the bed with his dagger at the ready, looking for the fire and the rats, his feet had been assaulted by a storm of clattering mouse traps.

     Sand, a man of calm-rage, realized the bizarre situation for what it was, and only sighed, hearing the snickering coming from under a bed nearby. Sand only poured some of the room water in the smoking pot to end the gag.

     Rick seeing this shook his head and laid back down to finish sleeping. San on the other hand, pulled out his 50 feet of rope, then quickly reached under the bed and grabbed a protesting Zena's leg who was so happy, she failed to defend herself!

     In under 30 seconds, there was a pink haired egg-roll laying in her bed bound tight in rope, as he nodded and moved the traps from his bed, and climbed back in. He learned a while ago to never break her traps in anger, because if you break a Zena trap, she turns from playful to mean. He only rolled into his bed to sleep...

     I watched this troublemaker's face with a happy grin as she got her friends to appreciate the art of humor. She just whistled while she slowly worked on her escape artist skills. Gnomes find everything to be an opportunity or challenge in life, even being tied up like a prisoner.

     After a minute she was out of her bind with a smile, and then cast another spell like ability...

     [Prestidigitation: Clean]

     And like a conductor of a musical concert, she cleaned herself, then waved her fingers joyfully, making all of the traps and marbles get brought together and neatly stacked. After she put her trinkets away, she removed her studded leather armor, and put on a white one-piece nightgown.

     Well, she does not wear underwear, and Gnome females are hairless, apparently. I had expected to see a childish body, but surprisingly, she only looks like a shrunken woman. Her curves are not what a child would have. Zena then crawled under her blanket, and put on a sweet smile that betrayed the chaos she just caused, like it had nothing to do with her.

     Floating there, I contemplated the boredom of watching with nothing to do? Maybe I should leave things out for me to look at around me, in case I see one of my lovers in a vision?

     But my big question... Why am I watching Zena? I understand that Selene, Raven, Lilith, Dane, and Daisy. It is also strange that the ones I watch are all women, and beautiful ones at that...

     Huh? Do I find Zena beautiful? I never thought Gnome women were attractive before, but... Zena seems to have something more to her, like the feeling I get around Linda, and Pam? Could it be my Dragon Blood? Dragons are notorious for mating with almost any creature?

     As I pondered retarded ideas out of boredom, my consciousness faded...

-

     I was awakened by a kiss tasting of natural honey, and a wet tongue sliding inside my mouth. Without opening my eyes, I knew it was my wife, Lilith.

     "Time to awaken, Ken. It is time for adventure, fufu."

     As she nimbly rolled out of bed, Raven holding my arm gave me eyes that screamed... My turn!

     So I pulled her head to me, to kiss her as well. Then I told her.

     "Morning, time for our spells, don't forget the spells for Undead and underground we need, Okay dear?"

     Raven, satisfied with my attention, just agreed silently...

-    If this story is on any-other site than Scribble Hub, then it was stolen without permission!

     Down in the dining area, we were eating breakfast when a sleepy looking Goblin and Dwarf pair walked into the Golden Nugget, with satisfied grins. Both men walked to their respective parties tables, and dug into their meals.

     Goat was grumpy we are not asking about his night. So he asked.

     "What did you do with the forgetful woman?"

     Raven said while not trying to laugh.

     "Ken fixed her, and she left him with a going away slap, fufu, no sorry, it's not funny, ha-ha."

     Goat said.

     "Huh? Guess you should have tapped that ass before you fixed it. Well, better-luck next time boss."

     After a bit more of a lively meal, our group left for the Star Mines... Fuck! No, we go to the weapon shop first!

-

     Inside the blacksmiths weapon and armor shop...

     Lilith, seeing me swinging around the bastard sword one-handed asked.

     "Ken, I noticed you seem to be able to use all of the weapons with ease? Even the Heavy Repeating Crossbow? And you handled the Dwarven Waraxe well, too?"

     I gave my masterwork longbow to the blacksmith for selling, as I bought three weapons... A bastard sword, heavy repeating crossbow, and a morningstar. The last one is for smashing skeletons.

     I nodded to the group and told a half truth.

     "For some reason, any weapon I hold, I just understand it. Perhaps that was the reason I had become a blacksmith at a young age? I can even use all of the Elven swords there, but... I will wait to buy better weapons till we have more wealth. But for now the three weapons I bought will be enough for most monsters."

     Goat pulled out this second gun he had from the start and with gleaming eyes asked.

     "Boss, can you shoot my gun too?"

     "Sure, but I cannot handle the misfire problems with them when they break... You need to be a gunsmith like you for that."

     "BUT... You can still shoot with it, right?"

     "Yeah?"

     "Ha! I knew we were brothers from another mother! That is why I made you my best friend, ha-ha!"

     After my purchases, we left...

-

     Around 2 hours North East of Fish-kill, we finally made it with the use of summoning 3 Mounts. This saved us time, and we even passed 3 other groups walking there. That means one group made it there last night for sure...

     The island has a large mass of mountains in a doughnut shape, from a nasty meteor striking this island hundreds of years ago. It made the center area a massive crater and mining center. The entrance down into the depths of this massive mining pit, is in the northern part of the island where we have arrived.

     Most of the reported Undead cannot fly and the sheer walls of the pit have turned this place into a cage for Skeletons. In the center of the pit is where the entrance to the Kobold City had opened, and all of the death spread killing many miners. It has been abandoned since then, two weeks ago.

     As we stopped at the manned gate to the pit, around 25 soldiers guarded it. The captain looked at our paperwork from the Count before letting us go in.

     Thankfully, our mounts still have usefulness on the wagon tracks descending into the pit, and towards the hole. Otherwise, we would not arrive until nightfall, and be forced to rest early.

-

     Halfway to Kobold City, we had met our first obstacle.

     Our three mounts had been walking slowly in the silent pit bottom, when I felt a presence at the edge of my blindsense hiding behind a rock. I said and pointed.

     "A small creature is hiding from us there?!"

     Click Crumble Thud Thud Thud! Suddenly, we heard from under the feet of the 2 Horses and Pony, the ground crack, then collapse, making all three animals fall into a 20 foot deep pit!

     "Ahhhh! Ouch!" "Neigh!" "Neigh!" "Whinny!"

     Raven and the three animals were unfortunate and fell in, while Goat, Lilith, and I made a leap off the backs and landed on the edge of the pit!

     And with that, the fight began! The creature I sensed was the one to trigger the trap, and from cover shoots his small sized long bow at us... It was a living Kobold!

     "Raven, are you okay?"

     "Uh, Yes, my horse broke my fall, but we are wounded."

     I then released my wings and took to the air.

     Swoosh Thunk Sizzle! Then Lilith drew her bow and shot one arrow at the visible Kobold! And the reason I gave the backpack to my wife, she has 20 pounds of arrows in one pouch alone!

     Goat, knowing Kobolds set traps, did not want to rush in, so he decided to lower a rope for Raven...

     I see them now, a total of 10 of the little reptile dogs that had been just out of my blindsense range, and are now moving closer to fire their bows... They also shot 5 arrows at me in the air, and one arrow hit. Fortunately, my False Life is still going, so the wound was light.

     They are spread out in the rocks, so I can only hit half of them if I cast a Fireball, so let's hit them all without letting the Rogues, if any avoid it...

     [Stone Call]

     Thud Thud Thud! Many stones, dirt, and gravel pelt them for moderate damage, and now the rubble on the ground has made their movements hampered.

     At this point, I am flying around their location, splitting their fire from Lilith and Goat.

     Swoosh Thunk Sizzle!x2 Lilith had fired another two arrows into the first Kobold, ending his sorry life, and Raven, with Goat's help, had climbed to the surface, leaving the  animals below.

     The Kobolds then yap in Draconic...

     "All men, shoot the one with Gold Dragon wings!"

     A hail of arrows flew up to try and turn me into a pincushion, and only one struck true, and it did a respectable amount of damage. I took real wounds that time, but only light in comparison.

     "HuuuuuA! Bleeeeeeeeh!"

     Swooping down on the group I let out my fury... I inhaled deeply, and igniting the magical power in my lungs, infused the exhaling air with my Dragon Bloodline! A 30 foot long cone of intense Dragon flames rushed out of my mouth, covering half of the Kobolds. Only one survived by leaping out of the way. Yeah, he is a Rogue!

         Swoosh Thunk Sizzle!x2 Lilith however smiles, as she unloaded her two acidic arrows into the lucky Kobold, and made his luck run out, as her second shot lodged into his eye-socket! The fact the tip of the arrow is sticking out of the back of his head, suggests he is very dead!

     "I am incredible, right dear?"

    Raven and Goat could see the handwriting on the wall, and saved their resources. Raven tried shooting a light crossbow bolt into the enemy, and missing.

     The remaining 4 Kobolds tried to shoot me again, and sadly, they found my armor to be annoying, as only one made it again, and did pathetic damage to me.

     I extend my left hand, make a circle gesture, and cast...

     [Wall of Fire]

     The 20 foot tall violet ring of fire, is radiating its heat inward, and slowly cooking the Kobolds! And if they run out, they will probably die, so I fly back...

     We hear the little bastards screaming and soon, the voices stopped, they probably made the mistake of passing through the wall, causing unavoidable damage. Rogues die to that spell!

     As I landed, Raven used her Channel Energy to heal all of our light injuries. As for the mounts, I smile and send the mounts back anyway. Can't get them out of the pit and I need to watch for traps going forward. I said.

     "Sigh, Seems the Kobolds are not as Dead as we were told. I think this mission just got more complicated. And now we need to walk slowly to avoid traps. I think we cannot enter the Ruins till tomorrow if my guess is correct?"

    Raven nodded and added...

     "I am more curious how the team that went ahead of us avoided this ambush? They are the Scholars, and it was like they knew more than us about the living Kobolds?"

     Lilith also pondered.

     "Perhaps, the Count is using the Kobolds as a cover for something else? He only reported Undead after-all..."

     Goat grins and advises...

     "Mamma always said... If you get more questions with every question, then stop thinking and do something!"

     I say to Goat...

     "Your mother sounds rash?!"

     "Yeah, she fell off a broken rope bridge, because she could not read the [out of order] sign. She never asked what it said. Meh, I learned to read after that, because mamma was not always right."

     The three of us look dumbly at Goat for having an awful childhood...

     So the four of us cautiously headed South...

Click the [ ] Button on ALL chapters! Thank You!

26