Chapter Eighty-Six: Declaration of War
123 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*2 weeks later*

Thousands of people on the planet of Volaria amassed in the colisseum. Today was a holiday for the Empire, and in such celebrations, games were held for the public. They were live on air for the entire Empire to see, and for the rich and nobility, they were allowed to attend live.

There were specific sections dedicated to the royal family; however, there were considerably fewer seats than many were used too. Three of the royal children were in attendance, compared to the usual seven. 

Princess Artoria Aria Caelum, Prince Marcel Aria Caelum, and Prince Caius Aria Caelum were sitting there, surrounded by their mothers. Artoria also had her husband Lars next to her, along with her two daughters, who were given smaller seats on both sides of their mother's throne. Her daughters were still fairly young, one being eight and the other six; they both shared their mother's blonde hair and amber eyes. Meanwhile, Marcel's wife, Salia, was also beside him, sitting on the chair of the throne right beside her husband.

And at the center of them all is the Emperor himself.

"Ladies and Gentlemen" The Emperor spoke, gathering everyone's attention. "Today we gather in celebration, but also in a more...somber announcement." The emperor took a deep breath. "As many of you know, not too long ago, the high-security prison, The Citadel, was attacked and destroyed by a rebellious group. This group had one sole purpose. Aiding in the escape of the traitorous former prince, Ren Aria Caelum. A man many of you here have heard of. We have confirmed that my daughter, Lucilia Aria Caelum, was involved in aiding her...beloved former husband. For this, I renounce her as my daughter; she will lose her rights to the throne and anything else her title holds."

The crowd began to gossip and murmur.

"This also applies to my daughters Aurelia, Octavia, and Sienna, as they were also confirmed to have taken part in this act of defiance. It has also been confirmed that the crews of each of their capital ships are also involved and have defied. This will not be tolerated, and because of this, we have taken one member of each of their families and imprisoned them until their rebellious loved ones are either killed or turn themselves in. Now that the seriousness is over, let the games begin!"

After the Emperor's announcement, the games began. People dressed in light armor and helmets walked through the gates and began fighting to the death. Similar to Ren's challenges not too long ago, there was little mercy as these gladiators fought and brutally killed each other, much to the crowd's enjoyment. Many matches passed, and soon it was time for the main event. The day's light had gone to evening, and fire's ignited around the top of the arena, along with multiple fires located in the arena.

The main event had ten fighters all walk out and prepare to fight; however, something strange happened.

All ten of them gathered in the middle of the arena and kneeled down, arms linked with each other. This caused many murmurs throughout the crowd and agitated the Emperor.

"What are you fools doing!?" he yelled from his throne.

"Ren Aria Caelum, our true prince!" one of the gladiators yelled.

"Wh-what did you just say?" The Emperor said angirly. "Have these ten executed!"

However, one of the gladiators in the middle stood up first.

"So is that the kind of leader you are, Emperor? One that just kills whoever disagrees with him? One that falsely imprisons someone simply because you don't like him? One that decides to control the narrative as he spreads false information throughout his empire?" the gladiator said.

"Who are you to speak to me like that!?" The emperor yelled.

"The type who not only imprisoned but allowed the torture of a young man simply because his daughter fell in love with someone you didn't want him to? The type who uses women who once loved him simply for political power and uses his children as nothing more than political bargaining chips?" The gladiator said which caused the Emperor to become even angrier.

"Send the guards down there to kill them, but bring that one who decided to open his mouth to me." the emperor ordered.

Soon the arena was flooded with over three dozen guards, each armed to the teeth.

"Hey Emperor!" the gladiator yelled. "Surprise!"

Three small airships appeared over the arena and blasted the guards surrounding the gladiators. Which caused the entire crowd to start panicking and running.

"What is the meaning of this?!" The Emperor yelled.

The gladiator in the middle took off his helmet, revealing his face to the public.

"You..."

"Hello again, your majesty." 

The man behind the mask was Ren himself; soon afterwards, each of the gladiators removed their helmets as well, one of them being Tyler, and the rest were several soldiers from Aurelia's, Octavia's, and Sienna's knight teams. Then several holograms appeared around the arena, displaying Lucilia, Aurelia, Octavia, and Sienna. 

"What is this? What's going on?" The Emperor said.

"Hello, 'father'." Lucilia said looking at her father.

"Lucilia? What are you doing?" The Emperor said in anger.

"Defending my husband from you." Lucilia said it with a smirk. "People of Volaria, many of you know me; many have adored me; perhaps some of you still do. Well, today I come with the help of my sisters and many others to officially announce. We declare war on the Emperor, and we are not alone."

Another hologram then appears, displaying Queen Tsukiko.

"I officially join this war on the side of Lucilia and Ren Aria Caelum." She said.

Then Ashastha appeared "And I, along with the people of Versaerth, also join on the side of my chosen one, Ren."

"We will not harm any of you who do not wish to fight." Aurelia commentated. "But if you stand and fight for our father, then we will not hesitate."

Octavia then chimed in "Our father is a tyrannical emperor who simply threw a childish fit because he didn't get what he wanted. He is not fit to rule."

Then Sienna "But we all knew he would not surrender the crown without a fight."

Then Ren said "So...we brought the fight to him."

Several small ships flew in, firing at the defenses around the city, and a shuttle picked up Ren and the crew members he was with. 

The Emperor punched the wall next to him. "This bastard...I WILL KILL YOU REN."

Ren smirked, overhearing the Emperor. "Try it; I dare you."

As soon as the assault began, it stopped. Every ship that attacked the city left the planet almost as fast as they came. The Emperor knew this wasn't meant to be a battle, but it did send a message—a very clear one at that.

A Declaration of War.

------------------------------------------
If you guys want to to support me check out my patreon, it's as cheap as a dollar!
 
Patreon:
https://patreon.com/Alex_Blackwood628

Discord:
https://discord.gg/97ejzvAGKb

4