Chapter Eighty-Seven: The Next Step
124 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the attack on the coliseum, all of the forces involved retreated to the Versaerth system to gather their bearings. While their Lucilia picked up all of the tribe members still on Versaerth and prepared for their transportation to Tsukiko's home for protection.

Meanwhile, Lucilia, Aurelia, Octavia, Sienna, Tsukiko, Ren, Ivy, Eleonora, Scarlet, Tyler, Lily, Mae, Ashastha, Sthora, Laelli, and Sakura all gathered on the bridge of Lucilia's flag ship to discuss what would come next.

"Now that the message has been sent, we need to prepare for all-out war." Aurelia said.

"Hang on, there's one thing I don't get." Tyler said. "Why didn't we just kill the Emperor there? That's it, wars over?"

"Because it's not as simple as that." Octavia said. 

"She's right." Sienna added. "During the assault, we killed a few guards, and while that will inspire some outrage amongst the planet's populace, it will be relatively controlled. If we just kill the Emperor in cold blood, then things may get out of hand. Imagine thousands rising up in patriotic fervor. We're already outnumbered; doing that would just be putting the nail in the coffin."

"Basically, we need to play the long game here." Ren said. "And one thing we desperately need is allies."

"But who? Not many would rise against the Empire." Mae said.

"Well, I know a few smaller groups that would join me." Tsukiko said as she took a seat on one of the chairs.

"What would their numbers look like?" Sienna asked.

"A few dozen ships and a few thousand troops." Tsukiko said.

"It helps, but we still need more." Aurelia said.

"I may have an idea..." Ren said as everyone turned to him. "I may or may not know an entire planet that already hates the Empire and is at war with them as we speak."

"Wait...you mean?" Eleonora said.

"Home." Scarlet added.

"Exactly, allies that some of us here are already familiar with. Last time I checked, they had over three hundred active ships and tens of thousands of troops. While we'll still be outnumbered, this would help us at least get close to balancing the scales." Ren said.

"It's not a bad idea." Aurelia said.

"But how will we contact Earth?" Lucilia said. "Most of our ships are already marked as Volarian."

"Well, we won't contact Earth—at least not directly yet." Ren said. "But I know a certain captain who would help me without a doubt. She would at least get us a meeting with the top brass."

"You mean Captain Aurora?" Scarlet asked.

"It's been awhile since we've seen her." Tyler said.

"So how do you plan on setting up a meeting?" Lucilia asked.

"Well, I'll send her a message only we would understand; she would no doubt investigate it, and that's where we'll meet." Ren said.

"Alright, set it up." Aurelia said. "Now we have to discuss how we will handle the war."

"My forces will get the most attention." Tsukiko said. "I'll coordinate my side of things while you guys get things ready. I'll also lend each of you a fleet of my ships since your forces are so small at the moment."

"Thank you, Queen Tsukiko." Lucilia said.

"Me, Octavia, and Sienna will recruit some of our close allies to the cause. Won't be much, but help is help after all." Aurelia said.

Tsukiko then spoke up. "Ren, I think it's time we discuss my payment for participating in this war."

Ren sighed "You're right, do you want to speak privately or?"

"Sure." Tsukiko said.

With that, the two walked out of the meeting room, leaving everyone else confused. Once they arrived in the room, Tsukiko turned to Ren.

"So, have you thought about my proposal?" Tsukiko said.

"I have. If I do this, will you be completely loyal to the cause?" Ren asked.

"I'd be loyal to you and your wife, Lucilia, if that's what you're asking." Tsukiko responded.

"Good enough, I guess..." Ren said.

"So, Ren, which of my daughters will you marry?" 

------------------------------------------
If you guys want to to support me check out my patreon, it's as cheap as a dollar!
 
Patreon:
https://patreon.com/Alex_Blackwood628

Discord:
https://discord.gg/97ejzvAGKb

4