Chapter Eighty-Nine: Do We Have A Deal?
122 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Present Time on the UNS Eternity*

"Well, you certainly have been through a lot." Aurora said, sighing.

Ren had just told her everything regarding his imprisonment and how he officially kicked off the war between his faction and the Volarian Empire. He had hoped that it would at least sweeten the deal, if not just for her but for the higher-ups on Earth.

"That I have, by the way, I haven't asked." Ren said. "How's your side of the war going?"

"Not well... The Volarian Empire, as you call them, has made its way to Jupiter and its moons. We have a few bases on the frontlines along the moons of Saturn, but the leaders of Earth are starting to worry." Aurora said. "There's even a rumor that a few countries launched a secret project to build ships just for their people to leave Earth."

"Things getting that desperate... well, I can't say I'm surprised. Then tell the council they can consider my offer. Since I know politics takes forever to decide, I'll wait for you to communicate with me." Ren said as he stood up from his chair.

"W-wait, you're leaving?" Aurora asked. She didn't want him to go already after just meeting again after so long.

"I have a war to fight, Aurora." Ren said. "I have to do everything I possibly can to make sure those I care about survive this."

"I...I understand." Aurora said.

"By the way, Tyler and Sakura are volunteering to return with you back to Earth as ambassadors of sorts. Plus, they want to see their families and also tell Scarlet's mother that she's alive and well." Ren said.

"I'm fine with that. Shouldn't be a problem." Aurora said.

"Good, it was nice to see you again, Aurora." Ren said it with a smile.

"It was good to see you too Ren...stay safe. Please." Aurora said with a sad smile. She was upset seeing him walk away but knew there was nothing she could say or do to make him stay.

Ren travelled back aboard his and Lucilia's ship without issue and sent the codes to the UNS Eternity for future contact. While now back on the ship he and Lucilia had a small meeting.

"So we have a quick update." Lucilia said before bringing up a large hologram of the galaxy. "Queen Tsukiko has already moved on the offense, taking out several small bases near her territory. Some of our smaller forces are also doing what they can to drive the Volarian Empire away from their planets as well."

"But it's still not enough, is it?" Ren asked.

"No, we still need more forces if we want to really pressure the Volarian Empire." Lucilia said. "And I may have an idea about that."

"What kind of idea?" Ren asked.

"We need numbers, and I just so happen to know of a planet outside of Volarian Space." Lucilia said.

"What kind of planet?" Ren asked.

Lucilia sighed "So upside down, there's over eight billion people living on the planet, and they have...let's say, unique abilities. The downside is that they are in a civil war."

"How large of a civil war?" Ren asked.

"Well, basically, one third of the population hates another third, and the last third wants to stay as neutral as possible." Lucilia explained. "It's not going to be easy to get them all to ally with each other, but if we do, that's a significant amount of firepower."

"Okay, but even if we do this, we still need to be extremely careful." Ren said.

"You're right, I suggest when we arrive on the planet that we head to the capital first and meet the Queen." Lucilia said.

"What's the government like on that planet?" Ren asked.

"Well, each side has a different kind of rule. One side that currently controls the capital is an abolute monarchy currently led by a queen with her oldest daughter as the heir. The neutral group is run by a council of elders, and the other group is a dictatorship."

"Sounds like one huge political mess..." Ren said, sighing.

"Like I said, it'll be a challenge." Lucilia responded.

"What's the planet's name?" Ren asked.

"Yunaeria."

AN: Hey guys, so we'll be transitioning to a new arc soon and meeting an entirely new race of people who I'm excited to work around. The war is just getting started, and currently I plan to involve three main races that will be significant to the story; there will be others, but they won't be as important in comparison to the others to the story I'm telling. I hope you guys enjoy!

------------------------------------------
If you guys want to to support me check out my patreon, it's as cheap as a dollar!
 
Patreon:
https://patreon.com/Alex_Blackwood628

Discord:
https://discord.gg/97ejzvAGKb

4