Chapter Ninety: A Quick Meeting
121 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ren and the others were heading to their new destination, a planet in internal turmoil. Lucilia explained to everyone what she knew about the planet and agreed to head there with the possibility of recruiting allies. 

"We'll reach the planet in about three days." Lucilia announced to the others. 

"What's the plan until then?" Serenity asked Lucilia.

"At the moment, nothing. My sisters are handling most of the war effort at the moment—small strikes against targets that won't overwhelm our small numbers, while Tsukiko is leading the frontal assault with her larger force." Lucilia explained.

"So we're just going on a trip for the moment?" Ashastha asked.

"A trip to a planet in the middle of a large-scale civil war, yes." Lucilia answered.

"You said we'd go to the capital first, right?" Ren asked. "What's their capital like?"

"Large and very rich in resources." Lucilia explained. "The Queen, Eldriel, runs a tight ship. She is very effective as a leader for her people." 

"Didn't you say they were at war with a third of the planet's population?" Lily asked.

"Well...that comes from a deep history." Lucilia said. "Their system has remained independent from the Empire but has maintained a trade agreement. During a trip there, I met with the Queen and got a sense of at least her version of the planet's history. Basically, in ancient times, there was a three-way race war. Each race had talents for certain things, which led to conflict, and war broke out shortly after. Eldriel told me that basically, while her ancestors hated the other race, she herself does not and has tried to make peace, but she thinks the damage already done might be unreparable."

"Well, if this war has lasted as long as you said, it makes sense that she's having a hard time. Most likely, neither side really trusts the other. What about the neutral group you talked about?" Eleonora said.

"The neutral group stays in the large forest located at the center of the planet; they stay mostly to themselves, so it will be difficult to talk to them." Lucilia said.

"The Queen may be able to give us some insight, though. Even if they're neutral, I have no doubt they have people keeping an eye on them. After all, if the neutral groups decide to join their enemies, it would be catastrophic for the Queen." Ren said.

"Exactly. We'll get the lay of the land once we land." Lucilia said. "Also, everyone, good news! Mae has upgraded your knights, so they'll be stronger. She even added an air conditioning unit for when we have to fight on land."

"YES!" Scarlet yelled out in glee.

"It was a wartime necessity. After all, if we're stuck on a long campaign in a desert, we can't afford our best fighters passing out from heat exhaustion." Lucilia said.

"Speaking of, what's the planet's environment like?" Lily asked.

"Well, it's mostly forests, mountains, and grasslands. There is only one continent on the entire planet, surrounded by tons of water from all sides." Lucilia explained.

"So it's really just these three races on a single continent, and two of them hate each other? Well, well...that's just perfect." Laelli said.

"We weren't so different at a time." Sthora said.

"So the question is, how do we not only find a way for them to come to peace but also get them to ally with us?" Serenity asked.

Then Ivy chimed in. "The Queen and I get along fairly well, so we'll at least be heard, but total world peace? That's a lot more complicated."

"We'll have to figure it out after we land and play things by ear." Lucilia said.

Then, as the group was talking, alarms blared throughout the ship.

"It looks like we have company." Eleonora said.

"Everyone to your knights! I'll head to the bridge with my mother, Ashastha, Sthora, and Laelli." Lucilia said.

"Right!" Everyone replied.

"Ren!" Lucilia yelled out, and he turned around. "I love you."

"Love you too, Lucilia." Ren replied.

Ren ran with everyone else to their knights and prepared for combat.

Lucilia and the others headed to the ship's bridge and spotted four ships on approach. Each of them bore the emblem of the Volarian Empire, but what was noticeable was that one of the middle ships' emblem was golden.

"Ma'am!" One of the bridge hands yelled. "It's-"

"I know." Lucilia interrupted. "It's my brother."

------------------------------------------
If you guys want to to support me check out my patreon, it's as cheap as a dollar!
 
Patreon:
https://patreon.com/Alex_Blackwood628

Discord:
https://discord.gg/97ejzvAGKb

4