Chapter Eighty: Wedding Day
163 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days after the small but eventful bachelor party with Ren and Tyler, it was finally time for the big day. Bells rang throughout the city as parades and floats toured the city, every moment of it being captured by various news sources throughout the Volarian Empire.

The celebration even spread outside the empire. Queen Tsukiko and her daughters were watching the wedding inside their palace, all of them smiling.

"Quite a day for our young hero, isn't it?" Tsukiko said to her daughters.

"Both of them were pouting in their seats; Rin was pouting with her arms across her chest, and Rei was slumped in her seat with a sad look on her face.

Tsukiko giggled at this. She had never seen her daughters show jealousy before; it was actually quite surprising.

"Relax, my daughters. Your hopes are not yet vanquished." Tsukiko said.

"What do you mean, mother?" Rei asked her mother.

"I may have some plans developing; just know that all hope is not lost for you two." Tsukiko said sparking life in her daughter's eyes again.

Both of her daughters, now rejuvenated with energy, stared at the TV in anticipation for the big event to start.

*Back on Volaria*

Scarlet looked over at Lily, who was in the same room as her, both of them wearing beautiful white dresses, both of which looked identical.

"I never thought the day would come." Scarlet said as she put an earring in her ear.

Lily giggled "Neither did I; who would've thought we'd be bridesmaids at a wedding? Wait, are we even bridesmaids since we are technically in a harem with the groom?"

Scarlet looked puzzled before sighing "Volarian weddings are so weird in comparison to our version..."

"Different cultures, different methods." Lily said as she hooked her necklace around her neck.

"Girls, are you ready?" a woman's voice said behind the door to the room.

"Yeah, Eleonora, we're ready." Scarlet responded.

Eleonora walked in wearing a white dress, the same as Scarlet and Lily. Well, you two look beautiful. These dresses are something else, huh? Heard Lucilia got the top dress makers in the entire empire to make them...even flying in people on other planets."

The three talked before heading into the hallway. Scarlet then knocked on a door a few doors down from them. "Are you ready?" she said from the door.

"Wait a minute!" a voice said from behind the door.

"What's the problem, Sthora?" Eleonora asked.

The door then opened, and it was Laelli who seemed frustrated. "We may have a problem," she said.

"What problem?" Lily asked.

"....Queen Ashastha is having a difficult time fitting her...chest into the dress." Laelli said, sighing.

"It's not my fault!" Ashastha spoke from an unseen part of the room.

"My Queen, please stop moving so much..." Sthora said, seemingly helping her.

Laelli looks at the girls and says, "Can you please help?"

The girls nodded, and all went behind the door to help Ashastha.

Down the hallway to witness this were Serenity, Sakura, and Tyler, who were all walking together to the wedding.

"What did we just witness?" Tyler said.

"Don't worry about it; let's get going." Sakura said while grabbing Tyler's hand as they walked.

The trio headed to the hallway, where they were eventually greeted by the rest of the group. Including Mae, Rumia, Aleyda, and all the others on the ship.

The entire group then entered a convoy of transports that headed towards the venue, which was the royal palace.

*Ren's perspective*

"I've never been this nervous...and I went to war, stared down a foreign planet's apex predator, survived a combat arena, fought a gang of space pirates, and nearly died, but this...this is something else." Ren said as he was breathing heavily in his room. He was currently having a bit of an anxiety attack, considering the insane day that it was. He didn't want to make a mistake, disappoint Lucilia, or whatever else could go wrong. This was the worst mindset to be in on this day, but he couldn't help it.

"Are you okay, brother?" a voice said from the doorway.

The girl, with her long blue and green hair, walked in uninvited.

"When did you start calling me brother, Princess Octavia?" Ren asked as he faced the girl.

"C'mon now, we are hours away from being family. Think it's time you get used to being a member of the Caelum family." Octavia said as she took a seat on Ren's bed.

Ren, who was at his desk, sighed. He looked at Octavia's dress, which was different compared to Scarlet's and the others dresses. She wore what she called formal princess attire, which was a dress designed to specify her as a princess. It was a blue dress with black designs around the bottom.

"You look beautiful Octavia." Ren compliment her.

Octavia smiled "Well, thank you, Ren; now you're making me blush. Flirting with your bride's sister on your wedding day...how bold." she teased. 

"Not what I was doing." Ren said in a panicked voice.

Octavia busted out laughing. "I know Ren. It's so fun messing with you."

That's when another voice came from the doorway. "Octavia, c'mon, it's almost time. Stop messing with Ren."

It was Sienna who was wearing a green dress with black designs, similar but different from her sister Octavia.

Octavia got up and smiled at Ren. "You do look handsome; just tighten that tie a little." she pointed out.

Ren did exactly as she said as he watched Octavia leave his rooms. Sienna stayed for one final "Good luck out there; the entire empire is watching." before leaving, giving Ren his anxiety back.

Ren got out of his room and headed towards the stage. In this giant room, there were over a hundred top nobles from around the Volarian Empire, some human-looking and some not at all. He saw every kind of alien possible, all in a single room, as he walked up the aisle towards the stage. On the stage were the King of the Empire, along with several of his wives and all of his children, each seated on their own thrones.

Ren looked at them all, with just about every single one of them giving him a smile—all except the most notable name in the room, being the king of the Volarian Empire himself. He was staring daggers at Ren, but he knew there was nothing he could do.

The biggest relief he had was Ivy sitting up there, giving him a self-assuring smile. This was an important day for her to see her daughter married to a man that not only Lucilia loved but also someone that the king hated, so that was a bonus.

Alex stood up there and greeted each member of the royal family, starting with Octavia and Sienna, who smiled at him. Then he thanked Aurelia, who was sitting next to them.

"Thank you for everything, Aurelia. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't only be reunited with all of my friends but also in a position to marry a woman I love. Truly thank you."

Ren had felt he owed Aurelia a lot considering she did spare his friends, something not a lot of generals would do.

Aurelia smiled. "Don't worry, Ren. Besides, I already know that in the future, we'll both be in debt to each other for a lot."

Ren tried to think about what she meant by that but moved on, thanking Artoria, the princess he had known the least, who shook his hand with grace and elegance. As he expected.

"I know we don't really know each other, but I do hope we speak more in the future, Princess Artoria." Ren said to the princess.

"As do I, Ren." Artoria said to Ren.

Ren then moved down to the various wives of the king, giving his thanks to each of them before he reached Ivy, who hugged and whispered in his ear, "I gave you my permission. Don't make me regret it, and I wouldn't be mad if you married me as well. Just saying Ren~"

Ren was shocked at how forward Ivy was, especially when they were literally feet away from the king—her husband.

After Ren thanked the royal children and wives, it was down to the final person, the king himself.

"Hello, sir." Ren said, looking at the king.

The king scoffed before waving his hand, as if shooing Ren away.

Ren nodded before taking his spot back at the stage. Soon, music started to play, and the grand doors to the palace opened. flanked on the sides were all of Ren's friends from both on Earth and who he had met on his travels, and in the center of it all. Lucilia.

She was wearing a long and beautiful white dress with a veil covering her eyes. A tradition that Ren had told her about on his planet. Lucilia wanted to have a bit of a mix with their weddings, and nobody could refuse her. Lucilia walked up the stage to the clapping and standing of all those in attendance. She stood across from Ren once she had made it to the podium and looked at him. Ren removed the veil, showing her beautiful and glowing red eyes.

As Ren stood there, it was as if he had fallen in love again on the spot.

"So beautiful."

------------------------------------------
If you guys want to to support me check out my patreon, it's as cheap as a dollar!
 
Patreon:
https://patreon.com/Alex_Blackwood628

Discord:
https://discord.gg/97ejzvAGKb

5