Determination, perhaps?
97 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 29

Outside the store, more undead are starting to appear on the horizon, they are still a little far away.

The Nerlon next to me started to retreat towards the market, quite fearful in my opinion.

“you have to find courage if you want to live from now on”

Nerlon: “no, it’s not that I don’t want to fight, it’s just that one injury caused by him will leave Janice alone”

It seemed like his world revolves around his wife, let's use that.

“In a few days people will lose the rest of their morality, they will no longer care about other people's opinions, only one thing will stop this”

Nerlon: “What would that be? ”

“power… power to protect what is yours”

He looked at me and saw the dead zombies surrounding us, he turned around and entered the market with his head down, that was a little disappointing.

I followed him with my eyes to see what he would do.

Sometimes I make mistakes with people, because he was going to a sector that sold barbecue knives and skewers, the knives there are very fragile but the skewers looked more like a rapier than anything else.

His wife is surprised by his attitude, I think he's always been beta.

Taking a skewer and a knife he goes back to the entrance and passes me, towards the zombies I think he's going to die like this, I'm going to help him a little.

Stupid of him to run screaming, warning and calling all the zombies to his location.

Arriving at the first zombie, he made his first mistake, he tried to finish by putting all his weight on the skewer, disregarding the other zombies around him, he must think that they will just stand there and wait while he corrects his posture.

I see that my girls and Janice came to see what we were doing, Janice started running to try to save him when she saw her husband's stupidity.

She's just going to kill herself without a weapon.

“Hold her”

I was going to save him anyway, I quickly get to his side to save his life, I pull him by the shirt and throw it behind me.

I deactivate the zombies quickly, after my agility passed twenty I was able to fight with a sword and a knife in my hands, and it was manageable for a short period of time but not very comfortable.

After I deactivate all the nearby zombies, I see a rookie killer, trying to sneak up on the agent from behind a car, when our eyes meet he runs away.

You can see that he already has intelligence, and it's quite worrying.

From what the analysis showed me, it's only one level higher than yesterday's, being level six, and already having knowledge of when it's at a disadvantage.

I didn't kill them because they were only lvl 1 zombies and wouldn't give me experience.

“talita and maria can divide the zombies between you”

Janice was already checking to see if her husband hadn't been injured by the zombies, he's just a little bruised from the fall when I threw him to the ground.

My girls, Talita, are supporting Maria's body while they take turns killing the zombies.

The circumstances we find ourselves in are forming a beautiful friendship for them, before the apocalypse they were at most work companions, better than a cold war, I wouldn't want to have company like that.

No treasure chest too bad.

I turn to the couple, Janice is scolding her husband as if he were a child, their dynamic is quite strange from what I've seen so far, but if it works I have nothing to do with it.

“you can't make noise like that, much less throw yourself into their midst, there's a fine line between courage and stupidity”

He just lowers his head, accepting, while Janice answers me.

Janice: “I already spoke to him about this, I don’t need you to do this”

She answered me sharply, protecting her husband.

“I don't care how your marriage works, but since you want to come with us I want to make something clear, don't put us in danger otherwise I'll be your worst nightmare”

I gave my message in a normal tone, I don't care what decision they make after that.

I understand her wanting to protect him but not attacking those who saved him from his own stupidity.

Janice: “I’m sorry, I’m just worried about my husband”

" all good "

I'll let it pass this time, next time I'll discard them.

I said that I told the girls to see if they could find some things for me, and they went back to the market to continue sorting out what we would need.

Turning my attention back to the idiot couple, I pointed to the garage wanting them to get their car.

Nerlon: “Are you still going to let us go with you? ”

“yeah, just don’t do that screaming shit anymore, they’re attracted to sound in case you guys didn’t know”

Janice: “Sorry again for yelling at you”

“Let’s leave this matter behind, it’s already resolved.”

When conveying my opinion I addressed the guys, who were parked close to the place where I had seen the agility zombie.

He's still close, I just feel his gaze, but I don't know exactly where, I just know the direction, more or less close to the trees on the other side of the wall that surrounds the market.

I see Nerlon open a small four-door car, if you lower the back seats there is plenty of space for goods, he takes the car to the side where mine is, so it's just me and Janice.

Janice: “I’m not going to be your toy in exchange for protection, I’d rather try my luck with my husband in the freeze again”

It's understandable for her to think this, seeing a guy alone with two pretty submissive girls.

“To avoid any misunderstanding, they are not my toys, I really like them, we are co-workers, ok? ”

“I understand, I’m sorry for making hasty judgments”

9