Bandits.
48 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 37

“What do you think, Maria? ”

Maria: “It doesn’t matter to me”

I looked like she was upset, but Talita didn't notice that she was a little distracted, I got closer to Maria and spoke softly to her.

“any problems? ”

Maria: “it’s not exactly a problem yet, but I don’t think it’s that simple to just go where it is and pick it up, it seems like something is wrong”

“It certainly seemed like that, if what the army is doing there and recruiting those who unlocked the system, they won't just let it go with the ability to give stat buffs”

Maria: “Are we still going? I don’t want to seem like a bitch, but she chose to separate from us”

“Come on, but we won’t go straight there, first we look at what’s happening and then we’ll see what to do”

Maria: “okay, I'll talk to Talita on the way, can you drive? ”

“right, one more thing, the infection started with the rain, we are not going out in the rain, if it starts to rain on the way to the city we will stay in the car”

Maria: “so that was it, the day it started when I arrived at the company I was prepared for rain”

The tavars were pretending they weren't listening to our conversation, I looked at him.

“Don’t go out in the rain, okay? ”

They shook their heads up and down quickly.

“we are leaving, be careful”

I sat in the driver's seat and waited for the girls to settle in, we're only carrying three days' provisions, I hope I don't need to stay longer than that.

But before going to the place we think I'm going to go to a market on the way.

When we first passed this road yesterday there were a lot more people on the farms, now there are noticeably fewer and those we see quickly hide, something to pay attention to.

Maria has already passed on to Talita what we talked about before, I see that at the moment there is a conversion on what to plant that has a short cultivation cycle.

One thing to see if I can find it, I'm going to get a notebook, a modem via chip, I'm going to put in the best plan possible, money isn't really any use anymore.

I'll use this to research and download what we need and some entertainment before things stop working, and of course we need a solar preference generator.

The portables should be enough for what I want to use, see if I can find a few of good quality, then I'll put the ones I'm not using on my belt or backpack so they don't wear out over time.

It seemed like a good plan, we're going to have to go to the center to find the generators, we're unlikely to find them on the outskirts of the city.

When entering the city I see that the street is blocked with cars, this was not here yesterday, standard for being attacked in novels.

“We're going to have to go down to unblock the street, we're probably going to be attacked, a real cliche”

Maria: “yes standard”

Talita: “sometimes I don’t understand how you understand each other, with the strangest things”

“I’m going to get some notebooks and download some novels to show you what culture really is”

Maria: “yes!!!! ”

“hey don’t scream”

She didn't respond, embarrassed, Talita seemed uninterested.

I opened the car door and I already know where they are by the sound of rapid breathing, my hearing was already very good before the system, the status that influences it and the agility that is my greatest status.

Good thing you can kind of turn off the system's enhancer or it wouldn't go crazy, I mean half turn it off and more like muffling it, I still hear the smallest sounds just muffled, I have to increase the status mind it's starting to get difficult to manage so many sounds.

Returning to the bandits, there are two behind a small garden to the right of the road and one more in the car to the left, they probably want to look at us first before deciding whether to attack or not.

It is quite possible that the moment they see the girls they will attack, if it were me I would probably attack if it were a common street thug.

As I thought when they saw the girls get out of the car, they appeared, one had a pistol, the other two had knives, I focused on the one with the firearm, which is closest to me.

Bandit1: “look what we have here guys, two beautiful ladies to keep us company”

He is disregarding me and looking at my girls, my sword is in one of the weapon slots on my belt, I only have a knife visibly stuck in the waistband of my pants.

It's not a very pleasant feeling to be ignored, I'm going to finish him off quickly before it becomes a problem, the gun in his hand is pointed downwards.

I wait for him to get closer until he stops three meters away from me, the others continue to approach the girls who are relaxed, their trust in me is commendable, let's not waste that trust.

While he's doing the standard neglect that consists of drop everything and let the girls get out alive and bla bla, I raise my arm in surrender when I see that he's completely relaxed.

I summon a knife in my hand and throw it at his shoulder who is holding the gun, from this distance and completely focused on him there is no way I can miss.

As soon as I make my move, the girls also draw their weapons and shield, entering the normal formation for them with Maria in front and Talita behind.

A second later I already have my sword going through the skull of the bandit who had the weapon, picking up my weapon from the ground, and I turn to the other two who froze where they were at the death of their apparent leader.

From what I gathered from the analysis, only one of the two who are frozen unlocked the system and has the ability to speak softly that increases the chance of convincing someone to do something, well it's not very effective if not for him who would have the gun.

The other one is missing one more zombie, these two have average talent, while the leader makes a pathetic mistake with low talent and no dead zombies.

“ now what to do with you two? ”

4