I don’t know if it was a good idea.
86 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 40

Along the way, Maria told the story of how her ex found out, it was when he visited her parents before her parents came to town.

One day when he was at a lunch that this cousin was attending, Maria's uncles were asking when the wedding would be, this cousin, possibly out of jealousy, said that his ex was going to get some leftovers, everyone remained silent for the rest of the lunch.

The next day Maria's ex had left, it seemed like he had spoken to Maria's father who had spoken to his cousin after lunch, and shit stunk.

Maria: “I know I lied to him, so I apologized to him afterwards and I'm not proud of it, but I learned that it's better to tell the truth even if it hurts”

It's hard to know how I feel right now.

At that moment a ringing starts, the talita quickly pulls out her cell phone.

Talita: “hello?, (…), where are you?, (…), we’re already arriving, (…), see you soon”

Talita: “it was lais, she moved further away from the barrier, the soldiers started to evacuate for some reason, they are taking the survivors with them”

That's a bit strange, I don't know what they're up to.

“We will arrive soon”

Since we entered the city we have seen several houses that appear to be inhabited, but here in this area where the barricade is located it is quite empty of both people and zombies.

It's very difficult to find a person among so many places they could be.

Talita: “she sent me her location”

I see that her cell phone only has a quarter of a battery, we need that generator, it looks like she isn't very far away.

I put the address on the car's GPS, the cell phone she was using has already died, the battery has died.

For a few minutes we stopped a little far from the address she sent us, from what I see she is not alone.

But I don't think it's dangerous, unless you think a sixteen or seventeen year old girl is dangerous.

We'll need to change cars, I approach the balcony where they were.

“How are you, beautiful ladies?, on this beautiful day”

I try to break the ice, with a joke, what I said is not a lie.

Lais: “hello walace, I see you haven’t lost your sense of humor yet”

It seemed like she was in a good mood, the girl with her was a little nervous, hiding behind her.

Name: Elena Carmem
Status: curious, nervous
Talent: elevated
Deaths: (0 / 3 )

“Climb in the back, I still want to get some things before I go back”

Lais: “Elena dear, these are my friends I spoke to”

We introduced ourselves and Lais helped Elena get into the coach with her, Talita got out and went to the back too.

For some reason I'm feeling a bad feeling about this, I still don't know what it is.

I'll focus on getting what I need.

“Do you know of any place nearby that has laptops or generators? ”

I asked why she dies in this region.

Maria: “there’s a shopping mall here, I know there are notebooks and generators, I’m not sure”

“That’s it, let’s go”

We headed there, according to Maria's instructions.

Maria leaned against me and began to speak softly.

Maria: “I don’t know if it’s just me… but I feel like you got tense when Talita joined lais la tras”

“When Lais joined us I felt that Talita changed, I'm still not sure if it's a good change”

Maria: “you also noticed, lais is a safe haven for talita because of how much she mentioned her name when we talked”

“Do you think this will be a problem? ”

Maria: “I’m not sure either”

After a fifteen minute ride to the mall, the streets looked like they had been cleared of cars to create a passage, it was probably the army.

On the way I didn't see any living people, zombies and what's more, a few are above level 3, I also saw some mutant animals, including rats, some dogs and cats.

Of the mutant animals, the cat is the most dangerous one I've seen so far.

Mutant cat lvl 5: a domestic cat with great agility that after the mutation improved even more.

It's a good thing they don't seem to be interested in us, I would definitely win but not as unscathed as I have been up until now, I'd rather not get hurt if I can avoid it.

When I stop near the mall I see signs that it is occupied by the army, it must be a shelter that the president had mentioned on television.

Now what to do, I have no idea of another place that might have what I need other than in the center, and it's probably taken over there too.

Maria: “shit, I don’t think we’re going to get what we came for”

She said despondently.

The entrance is barricaded with several cars creating a collision, there are several zombies pushing, I see some soldiers on top of the cars trying to kill the zombies.

When I say trying and that they are just wasting ammunition shooting at the body, they stop because the body couldn't support itself when the bullets break the bones.

Some of the nearby zombies came to us through the noise of the car before I turned it off, I see Talita and Lais getting out of the car to finish them off.

Let me see what lais' status is like now.

Name: Lais Sousa
Status: excited, happy
Level: 6 (30/140)
Strength: 11+1 (9)
Stamina: 12+1 (10)
Agility: 13 (12)
Mind: 11
Skills: motivation lvl 1, small healing lvl 1(5%)
Equipment: Power shield

A good construction without specialization.

After they took care of the zombies, lais goes to the barricade, I don't like that.

I'm starting to get irritated, even though she's used to taking the lead, it would be good to tell her what she wants to do before putting us in an unfamiliar situation.

5