Chapter 32: Backlash
591 1 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Funan’s eyes widened, and he stared blankly at the Third Hokage Sarutobi Hiruzen.

 

He didn't know what to say for a moment, and he had ten thousand words in his mind...

 

'I'm sorry!  It was already embarrassing enough for me to perform this play. I was actually forcing myself to act when I was actually feeling terrible.' Funan complained in his mind. 'You old boy is even more ruthless, talking about cross talk with me here in an understatement. I don’t know what others think, but I am truly convinced.'

 

'With what kind of will did you say these words? Oh, Will of Fire? It is indeed great! Danzo protects me? Go to hell! Look at the ninjas behind you, what are their expressions? They look like an abstract painting!'

 

'Oh, right, you don't dare look back. You are embarrassed too! Damn it! Who are you to say that Danzo is protecting the village? Since Danzo took over, has there been any ninja clan that hasn't been bullied by him? It's just a matter of which clan was bullied more than another.'

 

'In short, I, Uchiha Funan, am too serious, and you, Sarutobi Hiruzen, are a real dog!'

 

“Huff...” Funan took a long breath and said: "Hokage-sama, you win!"

 

It was a very incomprehensible sentence, but everyone present understood it instantly, and their expressions became strange. Sarutobi Hiruzen also looked embarrassed. However, he is the one who can become Hokage, and he is the one who has been in power the longest and has become Hokage twice.

 

He said without changing his expression: "What have I gained? Funan, what are you talking about? Tell me quickly, what is going on here? Who have you been fighting?"

 

Funan smiled and said: "Who am I fighting? Of course it's Ino-Shika-Cho..."

 

Looking at Nara Shikaku and the others whose expressions changed greatly, Funan waved his hand and said: "How is that possible!"

 

Akimichi Choza breathed a sigh of relief, but Yamanaka Inoichi and Nara Shikaku still had gloomy faces.

 

Funan added: "The Aburame clan..."

 

The atmosphere is tense again.

 

“Haha, what a joke!” Funan smiled, looked around a few times, and said: “Isn’t there anyone from the Aburame clan?”

 

“Deputy Leader of Uchiha, I’m here!” A low voice said from the corner, coming from Aburame Shibi.

 

"Ah, sorry! I didn't see you!" Funan smiled and felt speechless. 'With the Aburame clan's invisibility effect, which is comparable to Gekko Hayate's invisibility shield. This time I didn't really see it. Damn it, even with the Mangekyo Sharingan, I couldn't find you! How did you do it?'

 

“Funan, stop joking and tell me what’s going on?” The Hokage intervened. His eyes stared at Funan, his pupils had an inexplicable shine.

 

Due to the Mangekyo Sharingan Funan can clearly see that the Third Hokage's chakra is very active, his hands are relaxed, and he can form seals at any time. This is a state of attack at any time.

 

'A warning?' Funan smiled slightly and said: "Actually, I don't even know what happened. I was practicing ninjutsu here when suddenly more than a dozen ninjas jumped on me. I got quite scared, see this cold sweat on my forehead? It hasn't stopped flowing since then!"

 

Funan patted his chest and said: "Hokage-sama, with so many enemies entering Konoha, the defensive barrier team has to be severely punished. What do you think?"

 

Hokage hesitated and said: "Although the barrier team is indeed responsible, but..."

 

“Hokage-sama!” Funan directly interrupted Sarutobi Hiruzen's words. He still had a smile on his face and said: "The error of the protective barrier team must be treated seriously."

 

"You think that this time even I, the deputy leader of the Uchiha clan and the head of the Konoha Police Force, have been the victim of an assassination attempt. How many people in Konoha could avoid being killed if they are attacked like me?"

 

"If they were to attack the geniuses of several ninja clans, how many of them could avoid being killed?"

 

“You don’t just think about yourself, you also need to think about the ninja clan in Konoha, big and small, and even more so the Sarutobi clan.”

 

These words made the Hokage's face darken.

 

The expressions of other ninjas also became heavy.

 

As expected of an Uchiha, he was indeed crazy, actually threatening him in front of so many ninjas!

 

"Hmph!" Koharu snorted coldly and said: "Uchiha Funan, according to you, are the Uchiha clan, as the Konoha Polic Force, also responsible?"

 

Funan looked at Koharu and said: "Elder Koharu is absolutely right. If we expand the scope of responsibility, certainly the Uchiha Clan has its share. But what about Konoha's sensors? Don't they have some responsibility too? If we continue investigating..."

 

“Alright! Let’s investigate how the enemy entered Konoha first!” The Third Hokage interrupted Funan's words and said in a low voice: "Funan, how do you think we should handle the barrier team?"

 

“Leave it to the Uchiha clan.” Funan said with a smile: “Uchiha will definitely give everyone an explanation.”

 

Homura's expression also changed, and he said: "If you really want to find the problem, then ANBU..."

 

“Elder Homura must carefully remember the responsibilities of the ANBU.”

 

Funan interrupted Mitokado Homura's words unceremoniously, and his words became cold for the first time, saying: "Everyone must assume their responsibility in Konoha!" His breathing became heavy, and he was obviously impatient.

 

“Just do it!” The Third Hokage had a heavy expression on his face and said: "Funan, it's up to you to investigate the barrier team and give me a solution to the barrier as soon as possible."

 

"Understood!" Funan returned to his smile.

 

A brief confrontation came to an end.

 

All ninja clans, big and small, know that this is just the beginning.

 

Sarutobi Hiruzen and Uchiha Funan were practically on the verge of a direct confrontation. So what should they do? Looking at the traces of fighting around them, each ninja left with a heavy heart.

 

Uchiha Funan and Fugaku looked at each other without saying a word and returned to the clan with Yashiro and the others.

 

The Third Hokage waved his hand towards Utatane Koharu and said, "Let's return to the Hokage's office building. The ANBU will notify Danzo to go as well, plus they will make sure that everything here is handled properly."

 

"Yes."

 

Sarutobi Hiruzen looked at some broken limbs on the ground and sighed heavily. Danzo’s assassination failed. So, there must be a backlash from Uchiha Funan.

 

However, why does Funan need to intervene in the barrier team? Is there something on the Barrier Team?

 

If one of the teams in charge of the barrier is lost, it could be easily replaced. At most, a few dozen ninjas would be lost.

 

What exactly does Funan want to do? Hiruzen frowned slightly, feeling a little headache. Because of Uchiha, he hasn't slept for three days. He's getting older, and now he really can't hold on anymore.

 

Homura saw something was wrong and stepped forward: "Hiruzen, are you okay?"

 

“I’m just a little tired, let’s go!” The Third Hokage took the lead and returned to the Hokage Residence.

 

The ANBU quickly cleaned up the place.

 

There really wasn't much to clean up. Uchiha Funan had been thorough: he reduced all the Root ninjas to fragments or ashes, leaving only a few limbs and dust.

 

The identity cannot be found, which is the reason why the two sides avoid a head-on confrontation.

 

The ANBU leader was thoughtful.

 

Not only is the Hokage unwilling to start a civil war, but is Uchiha Funan also unwilling? Since when did Uchiha people become so calm? And also...

 

The ANBU leader looked at the Hokage Residence and then at the Uchiha Clan.

 

Both sides cannot be reconciled, and one side is destined to be completely destroyed.

 

---

 

I will post some extra Chapters in Patreon, you can check it out. >> patreon.com/TitoVillar

 

---

36