Chapter 33: The choice of Ino-Shika-Cho
557 3 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Danzo gripped his staff with trembling hands, his face showing a mixture of anger and indecipherable fear.

 

Failure! He had thought about failure, but he never thought that it would be so miserable!

 

Fourteen Jonin, even if there are some special Jonin among them.

 

Being a special Jonin means reaching the level of Jonin in a specific field. They are not as well-rounded as real jonin. They only possess unique talents in certain aspects. There are some special jonin that can completely crush real jonin in some specific situations.

 

This time, the abilities of these several special jonin that Danzo sent were aimed at restraining Uchiha Funan. It was supposed that when they face Funan, the effect is even better than a real jonin.

 

They were real talents! And yet all fourteen of them were annihilated. This was a huge blow to Danzo.

 

The blow to the Root was also severe. The jonin in the root were almost wiped out, and there were only a few jonin who could take action.

 

Especially the nano-level insect user Aburame Shikuro. His death in battle made Danzo's heart twitch. That is a real trump card in Danzo’s hand!

 

“Damn Funan, damn Uchiha!”

 

Danzo looked ferocious. Out of control, the crutch in his hand was pressed into the ground. He didn't want to admit that he was already afraid of Funan.

 

Fourteen jonin specifically targeting their weaknesses were eliminated by Funan flawlessly. How strong was he really? In his impression, it seems that only two people can do it.

 

Senju Tobirama and Namikaze Minato!

 

These two Hokages are the fastest in the ninja world.

 

Can Sarutobi Hiruzen do it? He didn't know if he could before, but he definitely can't do it now! After all, Hiruzen, once he became Hokage, barely showed his power.

 

[Swoosh!]

 

An Anbu appeared in front of Danzo.

 

"I understand. Tell Hiruzen I'll be right over."

 

Danzo spoke quickly without waiting for the ANBU to speak.

 

If Hiruzen didn't send someone to ask him to meet, he would go meet him on his own.

 

"Understood!" ANBU paused for a moment, then used the Body Flicker Technique to disappear again.

 

"Uchiha, just wait!" Danzo murmured with cold eyes: "It won't end, this is just the beginning. You evil beings will cause unimaginable harm to Konoha. You must be eliminated. "

 

“Everything is for Konoha!”

 

 

“Shikaku, Inoichi, what’s wrong with you?”

 

The Nara clan, Shikaku's family.

 

Ino-Shika-Cho are drinking tea.

 

Akimichi Choza looked at the gloomy two people suspiciously.

 

Nara Shikaku and Yamanaka Inoichi looked at each other.

 

Nara Shikaku said: "Choza, we are thinking about what Uchiha Funan said."

 

"Uchiha Funan?" Akimichi Choza scratched his head and said: "Which sentence?"

 

"The phrase related to us." Shikaku explained.

 

"Ah! The murder was carried out by the Ino-Shika-Cho trio?" Akimichi Choza understood, but became even more confused, and said: "Didn't Uchiha Funan say it was a joke?"

 

Yamanaka Inoichi looked helpless and said: "If it's really a joke, that would be fine."

 

"No way!" Akimichi Choza's eyes widened, and he said: "We don't... Wait, the members of our families who were kidnapped by Danzo?"

 

“That’s right!” Nara Shikaku said with a gloomy and somewhat urgent expression: "Of the three Ino-Shika-Cho clans, Danzo has stolen the members of each clan."

 

Yamanaka Inoichi laughed at himself: "Our family is the most useful to him, so he constantly takes away my clan members."

 

Hearing this, Choza was silent.

 

"He kidnapped our members to train them in the Root, using them for his missions. If they succeed, Danzo benefits. If they fail, like this time, Uchiha Funan channels some of his resentment onto us. It is truly worthy of him, the Shinobi of Darkness."

 

Nara Shikaku's expression became increasingly gloomy.

 

The three were the leaders of their respective clans in the Ino-Shika-Cho trio.

 

Nara Shikaku, especially, was the main leader of the trio.

 

There are many things that they simply cannot avoid.

 

“Forget it, after so many years, I have already become accustomed to it!” Inoichi looked helpless and said: "Should we face Danzo directly?"

 

"Why not?" Shikaku's response was surprising.

 

"Shikaku..." Inoichi and Choza stared at Shikaku, unable to speak. "Are you crazy? The Ino-Shika-Cho trio has always been strong supporters of the Hokage."

 

“Is Danzo the Hokage?” Shikaku asked back.

 

“No, but...”

 

"It doesn't matter." Shikaku interrupted Inoichi and said: "Inoichi, the roots have suffered a great loss this time and Danzo will definitely look to replenish the lost members."

 

"The Ino-Shika-Cho trio will surely have a large number of members selected by him. Wait, it won't be long before the pressure is on us. Is this what you want?"

 

"This……" Inoichi and Choza both frowned.

 

“Although Ino-Shika-Cho has been following the Hokage, how many more years can Sarutobi Hiruzen remain the Hokage?”

 

Shikaku looked indifferent and said: "He is already over sixty years old and should have retired from the position of Hokage long ago. If it hadn't been for Minato's death..." His fists clenched.

 

Ino-Shika-Cho has been following the Hokage. After Namikaze Minato came to power, Ino-Shika-Cho became his supporter and received special care.

 

Because of Namikaze Minato's youth, he who had just become Hokage was ignored by the Third Generation and others and became a mere decoration.

 

Nara Shikaku was keenly aware of the opportunity, and decisively led Ino-Shika-Cho to join Minato. Minato valued him and entrusted him with important tasks.

 

Things were just as Nara Shikaku thought. With the help of Ino-Shika-Cho, Namikaze Minato gradually began to take power. Ino-Shika-Cho benefited accordingly. Everything seemed to be going in a positive direction.

 

It just happened that at this moment, Minato died in the battle!

 

The Third Hokage actually came back to power. This became a problem for the Ino-Shika-Cho trio.

 

Although he did not reach the point of being harassed by Hiruzen, his attitude and words towards the Ino-Shika-Cho trio were extremely favorable. But was it really like that?

 

As a Jonin Commander, Nara Shikaku felt cold all over. He saw the situation too clearly.

 

Danzo used his power to overwhelm others and snatched the ninjas of the Ino-Shika-Cho clans.

 

The Hokage had left them out of direct power. Although the Ino-Shika-Cho trio always followed the Hokage, there was a big gap between them.

 

“Now, we have to take action!” Nara Shikaku's words were full of determination.

 

"Why?" The other two people asked in confusion: "Is it because of Uchiha?"

 

"Don't you understand yet?" Shikaku sighed and said, "Today, Uchiha Funan mentioned Ino-Shika-Cho and the Aburame clan, that was a warning!"

 

“Members of our four clans attacked the deputy leader of the Uchiha clan. No matter who gave the order, the other party could ignore it and impose the crime on the four of us, because they are members of our clans.”

 

Inoichi and Choza also frowned.

 

"If it was just that, it would be fine." Nara Shikaku smiled bitterly and said, "Think about Shimura Danzo. Is he trustworthy? Even that person... is it worth facing Uchiha head-on for him?"

 

“I can guarantee it!” Nara Shikaku raised a finger and said: "If the Hokage and the Uchiha clan start a war, we will be at the front."

 

"From the beginning to the end, the Hokage and the others have never regarded us as their own. In their eyes, only the four of them are their own! The value of our existence is to sacrifice for them."

 

"From another perspective, if we continue to follow the Hokage, the Uchiha clan will also consider us targets of attack, we have no choice!"

 

"What do you want to do?" Inoichi said solemnly: "Help the Uchiha clan?"

 

“Uchiha…” Nara Shikaku murmured to himself, as if thinking, his eyes gradually became firm, and said: "Uchiha cannot be the Hokage, this is inevitable, and Ino-Shika-Cho must stand by the Hokage."

 

The two looked at Nara Shikaku in horror, and they vaguely understood each other's plan.

 

Nara Shikaku smiled slightly and said, "It's time for Sarutobi Hiruzen to abdicate, let's elect the new Hokage!"

 

---

 

I will post some extra Chapters in Patreon, you can check it out. >> patreon.com/TitoVillar

 

---

38