Chapter 74: The Accidental Hokage
369 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Let's start the meeting!" Hiruzen shouted coldly.

"Hokage-sama!"

As expected, Fugaku immediately stood up and said: "Our clan's Uchiha Funan has not arrived yet, please wait a moment."

Koharu spoke coldly. "Uchiha Fugaku, you are the leader of the Uchiha clan."

"Haha!" Fugaku smiled and said: "That's true, but Funan is the deputy leader of the Uchiha clan and the next clan leader. On this kind of occasion, he can't be left out."

"In addition, he is the head of the Konoha Police Force, a high command of Konoha, no Konoha meeting can avoid his presence."

Homura also shouted: "Fugaku, do you know how important the Jonin meeting is?"

Fugaku said expressionlessly: "The selection of the Fifth Hokage has been postponed until now, does it matter to wait a little longer?"

"You... Are all of us waiting for one person?"

Fugaku chuckled and said: "If you think there is no need to wait, then just start the meeting directly. Funan doesn't need to participate."

The Konoha Corrupt Quartet looked gloomy and stopped talking.

The other Jonin didn't think anything of it, what did it mean to wait a little longer?

Additionally, it was an opportunity to privately discuss how to address the current situation between the Hokage and the Uchiha, which was causing so much uproar and concern.

The Jonin were worried that a war would suddenly break out while they were sleeping at home, engulfing all of Konoha in flames.

Another hour passed.

Hiruzen had smoked enough to make himself dizzy. He put his cigarette down hard on the table. They wouldn't wait any longer!

Just then, Funan walked into the meeting room with carefree steps.

"Uchiha Funan!" Danzo couldn't help but shouted angrily.

Funan stared at Danzo.

Before they began to argue, Hiruzen sighed and said: "Funan, sit down, the Jonin meeting has officially begun."

"Oh!" Funan sat down directly opposite Hiruzen and looked at him with a faint look.

Hiruzen took a deep breath, fighting the urge to hit him with his pipe, and said: "Today we met to discuss the Fifth Hokage."

The Jonin became serious. The leader of Konoha is about to be replaced. This is bound to not be peaceful, especially now that Uchiha is making frequent moves!

Funan raised his hands fiercely and shouted: "An election for Hokage? I'm in!"

The people present changed their expressions instantly.

Including Uchiha!

Everyone stared at Funan.

Hiruzen breathed heavily. 'Didn't this guy say he didn't want to be Hokage? Wasn't he saying that he wanted the people to beg him to be Hokage? What does this mean now?'

Danzo's face twitched. 'It is indeed the evil Uchiha. Have you stopped suppressing your ambitions?'

Koharu and Homura just wanted to leave this place of good and evil quickly.

The three Uchiha were confused. Although they were confused, they prepared for a great battle.

Because of Funan's seemingly casual words, the entire conference room fell silent.

Funan looked at Hiruzen and the others with a smile.

After a long time, Hiruzen asked in a hoarse voice: "Funan, what did you say?"

Funan blinked and said: "Sign up and participate in the Hokage selection! Did I say the wrong thing?"

"Are you just applying?"

Funan asked with a smile: "What do you mean 'just'?"

"No, nothing, forget it." Hiruzen took a deep breath, regained his composure, and said with an indifferent expression: "Anyone who is a Jonin is eligible to run for the position of Hokage, and Uchiha Funan is the first. Is there any more?"

Many Jonin were silent. Are all eligible to run? They could only laugh at this sentence. You should add a sentence in front of this sentence: If you are not afraid of death!

When many Jonin were silent, there was only one result.

Uchiha Funan!

Because he is now the only candidate.

Damn! Damn! Damn!

Hiruzen hated Funan with all his heart. If it weren't for his bold words, indicating that the village took the initiative to offer the position of Hokage, otherwise, he would not be Hokage, how could he be in such a difficult situation.

"Ahem!" At this moment, a dry cough sounded.

Danzo stood up and said: "All Jonin in Konoha are qualified, so I will join in the fun and officially participate in the selection of the fifth generation Hokage."

"Danzo..." Hiruzen simply wanted to use his fire release to spray this guy to death.

Many Jonin had strange expressions on their faces.

"Hahaha!" An arrogant laugh came. Torifu stood up and said: "Since an old man like Danzo showed up, then I will also participate in the Hokage selection."

Hiruzen's expression turned grim. Everything was unexpected from beginning to end.

Originally, after calling a Jonin meeting and confirming that no one was running for election, they would recommend Torifu as acting Hokage, and after a few years, they would recommend Kakashi as Hokage.

But now, suddenly, three self-proclaimed candidates appeared. He can't deny everyone and then elect an acting Hokage, right? This acting Hokage even recommended himself to become Hokage. Isn't this a joke?

After thinking for a moment, Hiruzen said calmly: "In that case, then choose one of the four of you to be the fifth Hokage."

"Four?"

"Yes, Hatake Kakashi is not available at the moment, but he is also a candidate for Hokage."

"Oh, as expected from Hokage-sama" Funan gave a thumbs up and grinned.

However, Hiruzen felt an inexplicable irony in that smile.

His expression darkened and he made a decision immediately, saying: "With that said, let's get to the voting process right now."

"So fast?" Funan said dissatisfied. "The Jonin of my Uchiha clan hasn't come yet."

Many Jonin pouted. That is precisely why they will hold the voting session so quickly.

Hiruzen tried to justify. "None of the Jonin from each family are here. Because of this, the voting is relatively fair, because everyone is the head of the shinobi clan and represents their respective families."

'Fair, my ass!' Funan looked disdainful. 'Still, there are four Uchiha Jonin here.' Funan looked at Fugaku and the others.

Compared with the Uchiha clan, the Hyuga clan is really miserable. They had as many Jonin as the Uchiha, but only one was present at the meeting. Hiashi didn't show any emotion though, probably because he knew that his clan had no real chance of getting the position of Hokage and he didn't want to get involved in that dispute.

After the vote, the Konoha Corrupt Quartet quickly announced the results.

The results surprised everyone.

Last place, Shimura Danzo, one vote!

Just one vote! He probably voted for himself! This result made Danzo's expression become extremely gloomy.

'Because? After everything I've done for Konoha, how dare they do not choose me?' Danzo stared coldly at the many Jonin, the murderous intent in his eyes undisguised.

The Jonin, however, reacted with indifference. As Jonin, they were afraid of Danzo, but not overly afraid.

Facing Danzo's fierce gaze, Funan in the audience curled his lips and whispered. "He has no charisma or real ability. Apart from being terrifying, what good is he? What can he do as Hokage? Scare away evil spirits? Scare enemies?"

Funan's voice was very low, but it also depended on who was around. Everyone present is a Jonin, and no matter how low you whisper, they can hear you. Some people burst into laughter on the spot.

Danzo's complexion had turned from black to purple.

"Enough!" Hiruzen shouted coldly, glaring at Funan, then cast a fierce glare at Danzo.

Funan's words were unpleasant, but in fact, Hiruzen still agreed with him in his heart. He also wanted to add: Not only does he look scary, he is also very old.

Then he was the second to be eliminated.

Hatake Kakashi! Thirteen votes!

Seeing this number of votes, Hiruzen's face darkened on the spot. He had made arrangements, and many Jonin had accepted, why only thirteen votes?

Torifu's eyes lit up.

Shikaku's eyes also lit up.

Both clenched their fists.

In fact, when Hiruzen publicly stated that the selection of the Fifth Hokage this time would be selected by Jonin voting, Shikaku was moved.

'This is really cool.' Shikaku smiled widely. Ino-Shika-Cho can also give birth to a Hokage. 'Now we just need to maintain that Hokage position, and preferably, the next Hokage should also be born from Ino-Shika-Cho. Yes, I, Shikaku Nara, am a perfect choice!'

Shikaku raised the corners of his lips and smiled unconsciously.

At this time...

"Akimichi Torifu, eighteen votes!"

Hiruzen's words made Shikaku's smile freeze on his face.

Everyone's expression became dull.

"Hey, hey, did you make a mistake?" Funan was also surprised, saying: "I am an Uchiha, an Uchiha!" He stood up, looked at the Konoha Jonin behind him, pointed at his nose, and said in disbelief: "You actually elected me, an Uchiha, to be the Hokage, what's going on?"

The Jonin rolled their eyes fiercely.

Hiruzen and the others looked at the shocked Funan. Then they looked at each other. If Funan wasn't pretending, then...

Didn't he participate in the Hokage selection to scare them? But the Jonin chose him anyway.

That left them perplexed.

---

I will post some extra Chapters in Patreon, you can check it out. >> patreon.com/TitoVillar

---

24