The Debut Part 1
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After seeing the events of the news and having his epiphany, Nathan sat in the corner of the warehouse, with depression written on his face. After the news ended, Charles and Jack switched to an action movie which they were engrossed in. Currently (in the film), a man was confronting another in a ruined area, littered with bodies.

"You decided to come up here just to try and kill me...what a foolish decision, Kevin." The man criticized 'Kevin' as he confronted him.

"You...you will pay for everything that you've done to me...I will end this right h--."

"Hello, my characters. I hope you had a good rest." The developer said, as the television immediately switched to the black screen with the words 'Audio Only' like earlier.

"What the hell! It got to the good part!" Charles protested.

"It's time for your mission now, guys!" He said as he ignored Charles. "Let's call it...'The Debut'. Yeah, that's a pretty nice name."

"What are we going to do exactly," Nathan asked.

"I'm glad you asked, Nathan. I'm sure you know, Jack and Charles, that the world thinks you guys are either dead or imprisoned, never to be released, but they're wrong. You are the main villains here, and you'll make your debut!"

There was complete silence in the room. A look of cringe was on Ada's face, with Charles coughing awkwardly.

"Wait, they don't have any idea?" Nathan asked.

"Nope, that's gonna be a major part of the 'Wow' factor."

"I see...so, does our 'debut' need to be violent or not."

Maybe I shouldn't have asked that.

"Wow, Nathan, I'm surprised you aren't against the idea of being known by the world that you're allying with psychos like these."

"...I've resolved myself because I know how much of a sociopath you can be. Besides, law enforcement will likely pin the crimes these guys do on me. That's the kind of people they are."

The developer chuckled. "Haha, I love your rationalization, Nathan." he continued, "Don't worry. You guys will help retrieve some cargo at a specific location. I'll probably rate the difficulty of this as B class."

"Sigh...doesn't sound like there will be a whole lot of killing," Jack said in a downtrodden tone.

"Give us the location and we'll go there immediately," Ada said, responding to the developer.

"Yeah, I sent it on Nathan's phone. Also, a car will be there for you guys to travel."

Oh, it's good that I won't have to use that stolen car...unless the car he's bringing is also stolen.

Nathan checked, and the location was on his phone via GPS.

Ada's facial expression went sour for a second but reverted quickly.

"Okay, guys, let's do this!" Ada is full of energy.

They were let out of the warehouse by the 'developer claimed' 'NPC' and a black sedan parked in the way for them.

"Nathan, you seem like a good driver...wanna drive?" Ada suggested.

"...Okay." He responded as the 'NPC' gave him the car keys, allowing him to open and start the car. Jack, Charles, and Ada sat at the backseats while Olivia called shotgun.

"So Charles, why do you only choose to be shirtless?" Ada asked, starting up a conversation.

"It's obvious. These muscles are proof of my strength! Covering them up is an insult!"

"I agree. I think you should always be proud of your muscles, Charles!"

"Yeah! I'm glad you got me!" Charles happily exclaimed.

"No problem! What about you, Jack. I think I know, but why do you wear all white clothing?"

"Because I can see the blood on me more clearly when I kill people...it's as simple as that," Jack responded.

"Oh my! I hope you don't kill little ol' me too!" Ada playfully pleaded.

"I...probably won't."

While the back was full of conversations, jokes, and even laughs at times, the front was cold in comparison. Nathan was focusing on driving, and Olivia seemed to be staring out the window. Other than the contrasting interactions between the back and the front, nothing much happened on the way there.

It took them around half an hour to reach their destination - a warehouse with a scheme similar to the original one Nathan and his group met up in.

"So this is where we should help retrieve the cargo?" Ada asked. "Who are we helping, and what's the cargo that we should be collecting exactly?"

Nathan saw a couple of people talking near the warehouse. "Let's ask them, maybe they'll know."

They approached the two men conversing but realized they were arguing.

"What the hell do you mean I still have to wait? I've been waiting for freaking days!" one said to the other. "I don't care what the developer or whatever he's called has said to you! He told me to pick up the 'goods' so, give me it!!!"

"Um, excuse me," Ada interjected.

"Hu--" before he could continue, like a bright light, he was blinded by Ada's beauty. "Uh...what do you need, miss?" He said, with an instant switch of his tone to politeness.

"Sorry, I couldn't help but notice that, you were speaking about the developer?" She responded.

"Congrats, everyone! You've completed the hidden part of this mission!" The developer said as he spoke through Nathan's phone. "The entire party is together now!"

"What?" Everyone said in sync.

"That's Zack Isaac, the sixth member of your group...there's no way you guys could have made your debut with someone missing."

As the developer spoke, the man whom Zack was previously arguing with opened the warehouse.

"Who's the other guy?" Nathan asked the developer.

"That's NPC #2, but you can call him the communication specialist, or C. Specialist for short." He had a blue business suit and tie and the same red mask as the NPC, but it wasn't glowing.

So why does he have an actual moniker, unlike the first guy?

"Oh...uh, hello everyone...didn't expect to be meeting like this." Zack awkwardly said. Zack was a relatively tall man with a brown, buzzcut hairstyle and wearing blue overalls.

"Hey Zack, I'm Charles. Are you strong!?" Charles asked, but before Zack could answer, Nathan interrupted.

"Since we got that out of the way, let's hurry up, get the cargo and leave."

Everyone agreed and went inside. In the warehouse was only one thing, a trailer truck.

"That's the cargo, guys, but be careful...it is stuffed with explosives."

"Explosives!?" Zack asked with excitement."

"Yup."

"We came this far for explosives?" Nathan asked.

"Well...I think it would be a waste to lose them."

"What do you mean a was--"

The sounds of police sirens were audible outside.

"What the hell?" Zack said, understandably confused.

"The reason why I wanted to retrieve this was because of this exact reason. Sources told me that this warehouse had attracted a lot of heat from the cops."

"Shit..." Nathan muttered.

I don't want to go to prison...

Simultaneously, a large number of cops stormed into the warehouse. They were equipped with firearms such as pistols and assault rifles.

"Everyone freeze and put your hands where we can see them!" One demanded. None of them listened, however. "What the hell are you guys waiting for? We will not ask a third ti--" The cop was interrupted by the sight of Jack. "Wait...is that--"

He never got to finish his sentence, unfortunately, as his head had suddenly separated from his body, without any warning. Like a fountain, blood was excessively spewing from his neck, forming a pool as the corpse hit the ground. The sudden change of events left both the cops and the party completely shocked.

However, the perpetrator was realized as Jack was standing over, holding a bloody knife, and covered in the blood of the now deceased cop.

"Ah...so this is what he meant by debuting...I love this idea!"

1