The Debut Part 2
29 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ah...so this is what he meant by debuting...I love this idea!"

"Shit...G-Get to the truck!!!" Nathan urgently ordered, and they wasted no time to listen. Olivia seemed to be trembling in fear.

Immediately, the cops began firing at Jack in retaliation for murdering their comrade, but he seemingly disappeared. As if teleporting, he appeared behind the backs of the cops.

"Too slow, buggers!" Jack said with a sadistic smile.

Before the cops could turn around, a few had met the same fate as the first cop and had gotten decapitated.

Nathan and the others hadn't started the truck yet but had kept the doors open to protect them from stray bullets.

"Zack, you can drive this truck, right?" Nathan asked.

"Yeah, but why--"

"Good, here's the keys to the truck, Zack. You ladies should go in the truck too, quickly!" Nathan said as he was pushing Olivia and Ada in. Ada seemed to be scowling, however. "Keep the doors open!"

At the same time, Jack was ruthlessly slaughtering the cops by himself. Some tried to fire at him, but it was futile as he moved too fast for them to get a good aim. Even in the low chance that he ended up in a bullet's path, he would deflect it with his bloody knife, all with a sadistic smile on his face.

As Zack started the vehicle, Nathan ran around from the back of the trailer and met up with Charles, who was behind the door on the other side of the truck.

"I'm surprised, ugh...you aren't...fighting with Jack." Nathan stuttered his words due to flinching from stray bullets hitting the truck door.

"Those guys aren't strong. It's a waste of time," Charles responded.

"I'm ready now!" Zack shouted.

"Go, go, go!!!"

Zack immediately started driving the truck. Nathan and Charles kept behind the still-open door. They could keep up as it hadn't accelerated enough yet.

"Oh, they're driving it now," Jack said as he moved out of the way, along with the remaining cops who were still alive. Zack had run over the bodies of cops that had been killed by Jack, turning them into a bloody mess. Nathan immediately looked away to avoid too much trauma.

Jesus...did you have to drive over them...

They got the truck on the outside.

"Keep going!" Nathan said as he equipped an Ak-47 from his spatial inventory. The cops that were on the outside immediately started firing at the truck. They were beside their police cars, likely keeping on standby in case the enemies tried to escape to the outside, which was happening now.

"The cops are focused on the truck..." Nathan thought as he aimed at the cops.

Suddenly, the memories of Lilith came in his mind, causing him to lower his weapon. But as he fully lowered it, he remembered the developer.

You'll die if you don't listen to me, Nathan.

"Ah...screw you..."

Suddenly, he began to shoot them with the AR. He picked them off with immense precision. Before the cops could fully process what happened, the truck had sufficiently picked up speed and rammed through the group of police cars, heavily injuring other cops. Nathan and Charles used the opportunity to hide behind one of the cops' cars.

"Are their bullets so weak that they couldn't damage the truck that much?" Charles asked.

"I'd assume that if you're carrying explosives, you'd want the vehicle to have some kind of protection," Nathan explained while taking peeks from the car he was hiding to shoot at the surviving cops. "We need to get to the sedan we came in so we can leave...Jack should be here any minute--"

Jack walked up out of the warehouse. His white clothing had been dyed red from the blood of the cops.

"Don't think I forgot about you, buggers!" Jack said as he instantly appeared in front of a cop. Frightened, he tried to shoot Jack, but both his hands had been slashed off.

"AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!" The cop shrieked in pain.

"HAHAHA! SCREAM MORE!!!" Jack shouted.

His screams were only for a brief moment, however, as Jack slit his throat. That garnered the surviving cops' attention as they desperately fired at him, which he easily evaded.

"Now's our time," Nathan said as he made his way to the sedan, which Charles followed. They successfully got in and started up the car.

"So, we're just gonna leave Jack?" Charles asked.

"Did you forget who Jack is?" Nathan asked as he drove off. "To kill Jack, they'd have to get way more things than cops...they're just his plaything right now."

What Nathan said was right, as Jack quickly killed off the remaining cops. It was a gruesome sight as corpses were littered everywhere. He turned to the last cop, who was leaning on a police car, trembling at the side of Jack, who was approaching him.

"D-Don't come...any closer!" The cop stuttered as he was aiming at Jack with a revolver. The gun was not steady in his hand though, as he was shaking from intense fear. Jack, however, appeared right in front of him.

"HAHAHA!! I LOVE THE LOOK OF FEAR ON YOUR FACE!" Jack stated ecstatically. The cop got frightened and fired at Jack, but despite being at point-blank range, Jack deflected the bullet with his knife. He then proceeded to kick the gun out of his hand. The force of the kick knocked the cop to the ground "Bloody hell, I didn't think you'd have the guts to shoot, mate...I let my guard down for a second."

"D...don't kill me." The cop pleaded.

"Man, you are lucky...I was planning on leaving the last guy to spread the word, and you're the last one, so..."

"W-what...word?"

"The word that Jack the Ripper is back, mate...and he has some guys he's working with for the time being," Jack answered. "Be sure to not let me see you again, or I'll finish you without a second thought."

Jack saw the C. Specialist from before, standing on a parked truck, with a digital camera. "Huh?" He disappeared and appeared in front of him. "What the hell are you doing?" Jack said, with bloodshot eyes.

"Oh, I'm doing what the developer told me. To record the debut of you guys and upload it to the media."

"Oh, So that's why you're called C. Specialist," Jack said, as his eyes lost the bloodshot and with a polite tone. "Wait, does that mean I don't have to keep that cop alive?" Jack asked while pointing at the cop, still frozen on the ground from fear.

"Not rea--" Before the C. Specialist could say anything, Jack had already thrown his knife. It flew through the air at extreme speeds and ended up right in the head of the officer, instantly killing him.

"Make sure you spread it all over, mate." With a muffled bang, Jack disappeared.

"...So fast." The C. Specialist said.

Jack had caught up to Nathan and sat in the backseat. With the goods successfully retrieved, the party returned to the original location.

"Well done guys. You've completed the mission. Although it was only B rank, I'll give you guys a 9/10." The developer congratulated them as they got out of their respective vehicles.

"I need new clothes," Jack said.

"No problem. Also, I'm sure you guys are hungry, so I got my NPC to get some food for your hard work."

The NPC came up with a bag of boxed meals.

"Aww, yeah! I was getting pretty hungry now!" Charles exclaimed.

They proceeded to eat their given meals. Jack was brought to an area where he could wash the blood off and change into his new clothing, similar to what he wore before. After eating, Nathan decided to go back inside the sedan.

"I'm...tired," Nathan muttered as he reclined the passenger seat and rested on it.

Sigh, I killed more people today. The memories are replaying in my head...It's gonna take a while before I get used to it...

It didn't take too long for him to fall asleep after shutting his eyes.

Throughout the night, residents all over the country received a video. The video reached every device and was soon all over on social media. The scene changed to Sergeant John, who was doing paperwork in the dead of night when he received an email.

"Huh, an email this late," he wondered. He opened it and saw that it was from an unknown sender, containing a video attachment. "Huh...?" He opened the video and his confused expression immediately turned to one of horror as he watched. It was the video of the party's 'debut'.

"W-What is this!?"

2