Realization
36 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the early dawn, law enforcement was the first to respond to the video. Police officers had shown up on the scene of the party's debut.

"Jesus..." One police officer said upon the sight of the murdered officers.

As the sun rose, so did the civilians' reactions to the uploaded video on social media.

"Was I the only one that saw the video of some of the worst criminals we have teaming up and killing cops?" A post on social media said.

"Didn't the state ensure that Jack would be unable to interact with society? Didn't they say that they would ensure that Nathan was dealt with? What the hell is this video then?" Another post said.

It rapidly became one of the most trending topics on social media, as even people globally were reacting to it.

Sergeant John was in his office viewing these posts on social media. He seemingly had a blank expression on his face as he read them. The cops he reamed at before were also standing in his office, their expressions timid.

"Good morning, I am Garfield Gregory, bringing you the 7 am news," the reporter announced as he turned on the television in his office.

"An anonymously sent video titled 'The Debut' has spread across many media platforms over 6 hours ago and is currently being talked about everywhere. If you haven't seen the video yet, the reason for its widespread recognition is far more scary than you could imagine."

Images of Jack, Charles, Ada, Olivia, Zack, and Nathan appeared on screen. "Mass murderer Jack Knight, battle-crazed killer Charles Warner, cult leader Ada Foster, poisoner Olivia Gray, bomb terrorist Zack Isaac, and most recently murderer and cop killer Nathan Hayes...these people who were supposed to be locked away from society are now seemingly working together, taking the lives of police officers."

They showed the scene where the debut took place. "We have seen some posts on social media speculating that the video title's name, the debut, meant that the criminals were debuting their alliance. Now, if that's the case, the question is, how could these heinous criminals be back in our society again? If the state knows about their escape, how long were they aware, and why did they withhold this information from the w--" Sergeant John switched off the TV.

Deafening silence filled the room for a few seconds.

"So...could someone explain to me what I just saw." John began talking. "Because I could have sworn that the only escapees we knew of were Ada and Olivia."

"I-I have no id--"

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING FROM YOU!!!" John shouted as he got up, cutting the cop off from speaking. "NOTHING COULD BE WORSE THAN THIS! WE JUST KNEW ABOUT THOSE WOMEN ESCAPING! WHY THE HELL IS JACK AND CHARLES TEAMING UP WITH PEOPLE ANYWAYS!!"

"Sir..." The police helicopter pilot responded.

"DAMN IT! NOW THE MEDIA IS GONNA BLAME US FOR SOMETHING THAT WASN'T EVEN OUR FAULT!"

"Sergeant John..."

"AND THE THING THAT MAKES ME EVEN ANGRIER IS THE FACT THAT PIECE OF SHIT NATHAN IS IN THE MIDDLE OF ALL THI--"

"SERGEANT JOHN." The pilot shouted, surprising everyone in the room, including John. "DON'T YOU THINK THAT IT'S TIME WE STOP FOCUSING ON NATHAN AND START HELPING!"

"...Huh?" With a look of surprise, John responded to his sudden shouting.

"EVERYONE'S REALIZED THAT OLIVIA AND ADA ARE OUT...AND THAT'S THE LEAST OF EVERYONE'S WORRIES NOW!"

The other cops were sweating as they listened to the pilot's verbal attack on Sergeant John.

"WE'VE GOT PEOPLE LIKE JACK AND CHARLES OUT BY GOD KNOWS HOW...AND THEY'RE TEAMED UP WITH THE ESCAPEES AND NATHAN! WE SHOULD FIX OUR MISTAKES AND GET HELP FROM THE MILITARY!" He concluded.

John stared at him for a second. The pilot was sweating from fear but kept a contrasting expression of determination. "Yeah, you're right. I should fix my mistakes."

"Oh? I'm glad you understand--" Before he could finish, John took a pistol from his jacket, and without hesitation, he shot the pilot in the head, killing him execution style. That caused the other cops to instinctively jump back.

"SHIT!" A cop shouted in reaction to the situation.

"Yeah, I need to fix my mistakes, as you said. But never should you speak to your superior like that, bastard." John said as he casually put back his pistol in his jacket.

"Everyone realized this, so I should take advantage of the situation and get help...I'm sure the military would help a previously high-ranking officer in the army."

As he was talking, a blood pool formed from the pilot's head. "What are you guys waiting for...clean that up before it completely messes up my carpet." Afraid of meeting the same fate, they hastily obeyed. He sat back with a happy smile in his seat as they took the body out and got cleaning supplies.

Against people like Jack and Charles especially, using normal police officers will be wasting resources anyway. We need super soldiers, and I'm sure the military will be happy to help me with that.

* * *

It was a rowdy scene. A large group of civilians were standing around what seemed to be a gallows. On it, were two individuals, a man and a woman, each with bags covering their faces.

"Hurry up and kill them!" A civilian demanded.

"Yeah! We don't need people like them in our society!" Another shouted in agreement to the first person.

An individual, dressed presumably as an executioner put the nooses around their necks. The cheers of the crowd could be heard as he tightened the ropes.

"Yeah! Do it!!!"

He pulled a lever, and they fell through the floor, causing the cheers to increase in intensity. Then the scene got engulfed in light.

Nathan had awoke to the sun rays beaming through the car window, into his eyes. He rubbed his eyes and sat up.

"Ugh...I had that stupid dream again..." Nathan muttered. He exited the sedan and noticed that everyone was in the warehouse, so he decided to check on them.

"Oh, good morning, Nathan...you're up!" Ada greeted.

"...Good morning." Nathan returned the greeting, albeit in a strained tone. He looked around at the others. Jack and Zack were watching the television, Charles was exercising, and Olivia was by herself, reading a book.

"Everyone's doing surprisingly normal stuff," Nathan stated.

"Have you checked your phone?" Ada asked.

"Hmm, no, why?"

"Our debut is all over social media. Everyone knows about us and is laying the heat on the law enforcement."

Nathan checked his phone. The first thing he saw on the internet was posts about their video. As he continued researching, he confirmed what Ada told him about the law enforcement being blamed.

"Ah, I see...everyone's starting to blame law enforcement," Nathan stated. "I guess that's what the bastard developer wants."

"Yeah, that's what I was saying too." Ada agreed.

Ah, I remember now. Nathan thought as he glanced at Olivia and Ada.

Olivia was a university student who poisoned many of her classmates, but Ada...she was a leader of a cult-like group. It's believed that she used her charisma and friendliness to gain her group's loyalty to her, only to force them to kill people she didn't like and abandon them when they lived past their usefulness.

Nathan looked at her with a bit of disgust in his eyes.

"Huh?" Ada asked.

I can sorta mind Olivia, but you, Ada, I hate your type the most.

Similarly, when Charles and Jack were watching the movie, the television switched to black with the words 'Audio Only' written in the center.

"What the hell!?" Zack loudly questioned.

"Hey guys, it's me, the developer. I'm back again."

 
2