Relaxation and Response
72 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey guys, it's me, the developer. I'm back again."

Visibly annoyed at the interruption of the movie, Zack averted his gaze from the TV now that the developer was back again.

"Sigh, you're here...again." Nathan said with a downtrodden tone, "Now that the debut's done, I guess...you have another task for us now, right?"

"I didn't come here to give you guys a task right now." The developer responded, leaving everyone looking confused. "You guys debuted well, but now we'll have to wait on the nation's security to respond."

"I see," Nathan responded. "Then why are you even here?"

"So mean, Nathan, I just came to see how you guys were doing."

"I slept in a damn car...my body feels stiff," Nathan remarked.

Not to mention...the nightmares I had after killing those people.

"Yeah, plus there's nowhere to sit in this empty place except the ground...it's so uncomfortable!" Zack added.

"I understand. This place was mainly for storing items anyway." The developer explained. "It would be bad to not give my game characters some autonomy, so you guys can work out a solution for that problem."

"Oh, nice! We should stay in one of those five-star hotels, guys!" Ada said excitedly. "As the group leader, I think we should do that."

"Yes, ma'am! I agree with you!" Zack agreed militantly.

"But wouldn't going to the hotel mean that we'd be identified? Unless you guys would disguise--"

"Why would that be a problem for people like us anymore, mate?" Jack asked, interrupting Nathan.

"Yeah, we just have to get rid of anyone that'll get in our way of comfort," Charles stated.

...Oh yeah, I forgot that these guys think way differently from normal people. Whatever, it's too uncomfortable staying here, so I can't refuse this.

"So, we're all in agreement?" Ada asked. Everyone agreed.

"If you guys are gonna stay at a hotel, I can give you coordinates to a relatively close one. It's only fifteen minutes away, so not much driving." The developer said as Nathan received the coordinates via GPS.

"Thank you, developer, anyways, let's go, guys," Ada suggested. They left the warehouse and took the sedan. Zack had requested to drive, and Nathan agreed since he was still tired. He handed the phone to him to view the GPS.

"Don't break my phone, please...even though it's not mine," Nathan warned him.

"I won't," Zack assured him as they drove off. The drive was solemn, as most of the party was not as energetic as before due to all that took place. They eventually reached the expected time.

"Ah, Serene Resorts, one of the best hotels we've got," Ada said, marveling at the sight. "All-inclusive service, massages for your aching body, and most importantly, comfortable lodging...just like the good ol' times."

"So, we gonna kill everyone in the hotel to take it for ourselves, right?" Jack asked.

"No, we don't always have to solve everything with murder," Nathan said. "Think about it, Jack. If you kill everyone, we won't be able to stay here for a significant amount of time."

"...Tsk, fair play mate...what do we do then."

"P...put this on, Ada." Olivia stuttered as she got everyone's attention. She had given Ada her hoodie for her to wear.

"Thank you so much, Liv!" Ada cheerfully said. Nathan was watching that interaction with suspicion in his eyes.

"What are you going to do with that?" Charles asked.

"Don't worry, guys, I'll get us in."

"How are you going to do that?" Nathan asked.

"Let's just say...I've got a way with my words." She said with a smile. Ada exited the sedan, entered the hotel, and went to the receptionist.

"Good morning! How may I help you today at Serene Resort?" The receptionist greeted their new customer.

"Ah, good morning. I would like to book separate rooms for five people. Is that okay?" Ada inquired.

"Yes, that's fine...sorry for asking, but could you pull down your hood, just to see who you are....since there are some criminals out loose now."

"Oh, the thing is...my eyes are pretty sensitive to light, which is why I keep this on...I hope you'll understand."

"Oh! No problem, sorry for that insensitive request, miss.."

"Oh, don't worry, it's fine."

On the outside, Nathan and the rest of the group were waiting in the car.

"Hey Olivia, do you have any more of those hoodies...we'll need them too."

"Y-yeah, I do." Olivia, as she reached into her bag. She took out five more hoodies for herself and handed the rest to everyone else. The hoodies were able to fit everyone, despite their varying sizes.

"Wow! How the hell did you even get it to fit me!?" Charles, looking impressed.

"T...the developer told me...something like this would happen...h-he gave me your sizes...and I knitted the hoodies according to them," Olivia responded.

"A poisoner and able to knit...nice skills, love," Jack said, complimenting her.

"T...thank you," Olivia said as Ada came back outside. She gave them a thumbs up, confirming that they successfully got in. They all left the sedan and followed Ada back into the hotel.

"Oh, don't mind my friends and what they are wearing...they're shy," Ada told the receptionist.

"No problem, miss."

"How did you even do that?" Zack asked.

"I told you, I've got a way with my words."

"Is that so?" Nathan thought.

"Also, don't take your hoodies off, guys. That would be problematic." Ada, whispering to the rest.

They made their way to their respective rooms (all separate) and immediately started relaxing.

* * *
In a different part of the city, a large audience of people had gathered in front of a stage. They were, for the most part, wearing formal clothing, and numerous cameras could be seen being held by them. On the stage stood Sergeant John behind a podium.

"Good morning everyone. I understand recent events, especially the video titled 'The Debut', have caused many of you to question us, law enforcement. That is understandable, as we are the security of this country, and letting something as catastrophic as this happen, puts into question our ability to protect your wellbeing, and for that, on behalf of all law enforcement, I apologize."

Flashes of light were peppering the area as the audience took pictures.

"But I can assure you that something like this will not happen again as both the military and the police will now be teaming up to completely remove such threats. As proof of this, I have invited Lieutenant Harvey to this event."

The man, presumably Lieutenant Harvey, walked up to the stage. He was a middle-aged-looking man with grey hair. He was wearing a decorated military uniform. John and Harvey immediately greeted each other with a handshake. Sergeant John stepped aside so Lieutenant Harvey could speak on the podium.

"Good morning. Sergeant Harvey was a great asset to the military and an old friend of mine, so the military had no reason to deny his offer to aid him. We have assessed the level of danger these criminals posed, and we decided that it was necessary to use these guys..."

As he said, two individuals, a male and female, both in white military uniforms, came on stage. They stood up militantly.

"Two of our special 'super soldiers."

"Damn! Super soldiers. To think I'd be seeing, not one but two, in the flesh." A person in the audience said in surprise.

"These two are some of our stronger super soldiers. We can assure you that both Sergeant John and I are taking this situation very seriously, and we will do everything in our power to dispose of said threats." Lieutenant Harvey assured the audience.

The whole time, John was smiling to himself.

This is perfect...everyone will be eating this up. Thank god I served in the military in my younger years.

Suddenly, his phone started vibrating. He checked it and saw that he was receiving a phone call. He went off stage to answer the call as Harvey continued reassuring the audience.

"What? I'm at an important event, you know!" John angrily said.

"S-sorry boss...but the thing is..."

"Spit it out quickly!"

"Jack the Ripper has been spotted at a nearby hotel...and likely the rest of the group he's with."

"What!?" John responded in a surprised tone.

The hotel was a gory sight. Dismembered and beheaded bodies laid everywhere as the sound of maniacal laughter echoed around the partially damaged hotel. Nathan and the rest of the group, with shocked expressions etched on their faces, stared at the cause of it all - Jack, who was laughing like a madman and drenched in blood.

"Ah, for heaven's sake..." Nathan said, with a look of resignation.

2