Chapter 5
48 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'll give it a try." Gu Yanfeng was very gentlemanly; he didn't show a hint of disdain, and he didn't even display a shocked expression.

He took a glance at the appalling bright red ‘18,’ probably wanting to understand Jiang Mi's knowledge and problem-solving approach. Pointing to the first question, he asked, "Can you tell me how you interpreted this question?"

Jiang Mi looked at it; it was a question about ‘Newton's Second Law of Motion,’ asking to select the incorrect option. As an arts student, she knew that option A, ‘The direction of acceleration is opposite to the direction of the applied force,’ was incorrect.

As for the original owner's approach, Jiang Mi thought for a while and said, "Choose the shortest for the three long and one short, choose the longest for three short and one long, and for the rest, choose all C if you don't know."

Gu Yanfeng: "…"

Casually putting aside the physics test paper, he saw the chemistry test paper below.

Pausing for two seconds, Gu Yanfeng asked, "Then for this question, why did you choose D?"

Jiang Mi took a look; the question stem was "The atomic number of selenium is __."

Option C with 34 is the correct answer. If she followed the earlier rule of guessing, she should have chosen C and got it right.

But the original owner chose D, and the answer for option D was 66.

Jiang Mi's brow furiously twitched.

The reason the original owner chose D was simple—Bai Mo's birthday was on June 6.

6 was the lucky number the original owner believed in.

Speaking of which, the original owner's birthday was on May 5, and based on this alone, she firmly believed that she had a great fate with Bai Mo.

No wonder her exam scores were poor; her mind wasn't on the test paper at all.

The original owner was genuinely infatuated, but unfortunately, like it is said, falling flowers have intentions, but flowing water is heartless.

In the later plot of the book, Bai Mo, for the female lead, publicly humiliated the original owner, who was already a small star when livestreaming to tens of millions of viewers.

Unable to bear the blow, the original owner, unable to resent Bai Mo, vented her anger on the female lead, ultimately leading to her own demise.

Of course, these things couldn't be told to Gu Yanfeng.

"I just feel…" Jiang Mi lowered her head, clutching the little rabbit decoration on her collar. "This number looks very auspicious."

Gu Yanfeng: "…"

Jiang Mi knew she had gone a bit too far, so she quickly added, "I'm sorry, Teacher Gu. I was just not capable enough before and felt very unlucky. I really hoped for a change of luck, so I was sensitive to things considered lucky. Now I don't need it anymore. With you teaching me, I will study well and no longer believe in these strange things."

She had said this much, and Gu Yanfeng couldn't refuse. In the end, he went through all her test papers, saying, "Let's start with mathematics; you occasionally need it, and I should still remember some."

He looked through the entire math test paper first, probably wanting to summarize Jiang Mi's weaknesses, but he found it couldn't be summarized—all the knowledge points had issues, and the few points she scored were purely by luck.

"Starting from the first question, I'll write down the formulas, and you calculate it yourself." Gu Yanfeng began writing formulas on the test paper.

His fingers were long and clean, his nails neatly trimmed, very attractive, and the words he wrote were beautiful. Most importantly, he effortlessly recalled those formulas.

According to the book, Gu Yanfeng is now 28 years old, and at least ten years have passed since the college entrance examination.

Jiang Mi suddenly remembered that Gu Yanfeng had a bad relationship with his family, and it seemed to have started from the college entrance examination.

Gu Yanfeng was a super academic overachiever, seemingly even the science champion back then, but in the end, he chose to study acting, making his family disown him.

For fans, Gu Yanfeng's college entrance examination results were a capital for boasting.

"Teacher Gu, you used to be the top student in the science stream, right?" Jiang Mi wanted to know more about Gu Yanfeng.

Gu Yanfeng's pen paused slightly as he nodded, "Yes."

"Then you must really enjoy performing," Jiang Mi exclaimed.

Gu Yanfeng looked up at her.

Worried about being misunderstood, Jiang Mi quickly explained, "I didn't mean to pry into your privacy, it just suddenly occurred to me… you know, students like us, who struggle with academics, admire top students the most. Being the top scorer in the college entrance examination, that's like being a god of exams, right? If a god of exams could explain questions to me, I'm sure I could get into college too."

Gu Yanfeng seemed a bit helpless. He lowered his head and continued writing formulas, saying nonchalantly, "It's not because I enjoy performing; it's just a way to rebel against my family."

Jiang Mi was surprised. She was amazed that Gu Yanfeng was willing to talk about these things with her, and even more surprised that such a warm and easygoing person like Gu Yanfeng could have a rebellious phase.

"Alright," Gu Yanfeng stopped writing, "Redo the calculation according to the formulas."

Jiang Mi realized that her most important task now was ‘studying’ and quickly took the pen.

As a liberal arts student, her proficiency in physics and chemistry was similar to the original owner, but her mathematics was decent. This question wasn't difficult for her, but she couldn't show it.

While deliberately imitating the original owner's handwriting, Jiang Mi worked slowly.

Gu Yanfeng remained calm, carefully observing every step of Jiang Mi's calculations.

After completing a question, he pointed out the places where Jiang Mi calculated unusually slowly and explained them again.

He was so serious that Jiang Mi felt guilty, but she couldn't tell the truth. She had to keep Gu Yanfeng occupied.

Unfortunately, Jiang Mi overestimated herself.

When the first wave of drowsiness hit, she secretly pinched the back of her hand.

By the time the second wave of drowsiness came, pinching her hand was no longer effective. Jiang Mi pinched her thigh, almost shouting in pain.

Gu Yanfeng seemed to sense something and proactively said, "Feeling sleepy? How about we rest for today and continue tomorrow?"

"No," Jiang Mi said without hesitation, "The teacher will check it. I must correct all the mistakes today."

Gu Yanfeng sighed, "..."

So far, the math paper hadn't been finished, and there were still many sheets left. It was unlikely to finish in one night.

"Let's continue, Teacher Gu." After this interruption, Jiang Mi felt a bit more alert, sitting up straight, "I can do it."

Gu Yanfeng had no choice but to continue.

When exactly she fell asleep, Jiang Mi had no memory of it.

Anyway, when she woke up, she found herself on a soft bed, with a fluffy and lightly scented quilt. This wasn't her own bed; the texture was different, the smell was different, and the color of the quilt was also different. She didn't have such a flawless white quilt.

Jiang Mi scanned the room, gradually regaining her thoughts from the simple decoration to the realization that this was Gu Yanfeng's home.

She hadn't changed back, and all of this wasn't a dream… birthday wishes really don’t come true.

In the next moment, Jiang Mi suddenly sat up from the bed. Her injured ankle was bumped again, and the pain made her grit her teeth—she had returned to her room. Where was Gu Yanfeng?

Did Gu Yanfeng go out last night?

Jiang Mi lifted the quilt and found herself still wearing the bunny onesie from yesterday. Gu Yanfeng had just carried her over without any extra actions.

She didn't even bother to put on her shoes, hopping on one foot as she headed towards the door.

Around the corner of the corridor, the living room came into view.

Gu Yanfeng was still wearing the same outfit from last night, leaning against the sofa, seemingly asleep.

Jiang Mi's suspended heart finally settled.

Regardless of whether Gu Yanfeng went out last night, the important thing was that he was fine now.

In that moment just now, Jiang Mi was truly afraid that something might have happened to Gu Yanfeng.

If Gu Yanfeng had encountered trouble, it would mean she couldn't change anything, and she would end up with the same fate as the original owner.

Since crossing over wasn't a dream, she had to find a way to survive.

Jiang Mi stood still for a long time before remembering a question: Why was Gu Yanfeng in the living room?

The last memory before falling asleep was clearly in Gu Yanfeng's room.

Moreover, he hadn't even changed his clothes.

Did Gu Yanfeng go out again last night?

Jiang Mi still wasn't completely at ease and slowly moved towards the living room.

Gu Yanfeng was sound asleep and hadn't noticed anyone approaching.

As Jiang Mi got closer, she could see that there were no scars on Gu Yanfeng's forehead, finally putting her mind at ease.

Her gaze shifted away from Gu Yanfeng, and when it landed on the coffee table, it suddenly stopped—her pile of appalling test papers was placed there.

Now the test papers were neatly organized, and the top one was a physics test paper, filled with formulas and relevant knowledge behind each question.

Jiang Mi couldn't believe her eyes as she looked at Gu Yanfeng. His eyes had a faint shade of blue, clearly indicating that he hadn't rested well.

Correcting so many test papers was definitely not a simple task for someone who had been out of high school for ten years.

Jiang Mi's gaze returned to the coffee table and found several books beside the test papers. The top one was "Interesting Physics," probably reference material that Gu Yanfeng had brought.

After a long time, Jiang Mi reached out and gently picked up the stack of test papers.

Every sheet had been completely corrected by Gu Yanfeng!

"Are you awake?" Although Jiang Mi's movements were light, Gu Yanfeng was still startled awake.

Jiang Mi turned to look at him, her eyes slightly reddened. "Mr. Gu, you didn't sleep all night?"

"I'm getting older, and I need less sleep." Gu Yanfeng stood up, stretched his arms, and noticed Jiang Mi's bare feet. He frowned, "Why aren't you wearing shoes? It's only May, but the weather is cold. Mornings are especially cool, and if you're not careful, you'll catch a cold. Plus, you're injured; you can't be stubborn. Go back and put on shoes quickly."

Jiang Mi didn't pay attention to what he was saying, moved by gratitude and somewhat incoherent. "You, you stayed up all night just to help me with the test papers?"

In this world, how could there be someone as good as Gu Yanfeng?

"I haven't touched these things in a long time. Suddenly, memories of school were triggered, and I became interested," Gu Yanfeng seemed to have sensed her gratitude and casually said, "But it's been too long, and I've returned a lot of knowledge to the teachers. Some things might not be done right; go ask the teacher at school."

Jiang Mi bit her lower lip hard, unsure of what else to say.

"Why are you still standing there? Go put on your shoes." Gu Yanfeng brought the topic back and playfully threatened, "Otherwise, I'll carry you there."

Jiang Mi glanced at him and suddenly opened her arms.

Gu Yanfeng: "..."

6