Chapter 9
74 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disrupted by Jiang Mi's interference, the assembly naturally concluded in a somewhat anticlimactic manner, accompanied by the laughter of the entire school.

On the stage, Liu Rui Lin glared at Jiang Mi through gritted teeth, "Do you think I'm afraid of you?"

"You wouldn't be afraid of me, that's for sure," Jiang Mi chuckled lightly, "But, Mr. Lu, I'm not afraid of you anymore."

She maneuvered the wheelchair past Liu Rui Lin and lowered her voice, "I still have a lot of evidence from yesterday. If my mood sours or something unexpected happens, all that evidence will be exposed to the world overnight."

Under the May sunshine, Liu Rui Lin inexplicably shivered.

The evidence Jiang Mi sent to his email yesterday was a video depicting the location where she had confronted and beaten up Zhou Hao the day before.

In the past, Zhou Hao had previously harassed the original owner at that very location, and Liu Rui Lin had coincidentally passed by. Despite Jiang Mi seeking his assistance, Liu Rui Lin chose not to intervene, asserting that the incident fell outside the school's jurisdiction, making it beyond their authority.

Reflecting on this now, Liu Rui Lin understood the folly of his earlier statement. It appeared that the incident had occurred on a weekend when he was in a rush to attend a party organized by a wealthy student's family. In his haste, he uttered a thoughtless remark to avoid wasting time.

However, spoken words cannot be retracted. That video could ruin his reputation, potentially jeopardizing his future employment prospects.

And Jiang Mi said she had a lot more evidence.

Liu Rui Lin couldn't even remember if he had done anything similar.

He pinched himself hard. How did it come to this?

Who was the powerful force behind Jiang Mi?

The female bodyguard pushed the wheelchair from the playground towards the teaching building. Suddenly, she saw a line of students standing in front, hesitated for a moment, and quickly stood in front of Jiang Mi.

"Sister Xiaohe, it's okay."

Jiang Mi's voice had just fallen when the crowd in front erupted in cheers.

"Jiang Mi, well done!"

"Jiang Mi, you're so cool!"

"Jiang Mi, keep it up."

"We support you. Infuriate that bald donkey!"

...

The female bodyguard breathed a sigh of relief, her expression somewhat puzzled.

Didn't they say the entire school didn't like Jiang Mi? What's going on now?

Just because of a self-criticism letter, everyone changed their stance so quickly?

"Thank you, everyone." Jiang Mi smiled slightly and gestured for the female bodyguard to take her away.

She could understand the students' change in attitude.

The original owner was unpopular, but it never reached the point of conflicts with the entire school. In simple terms, most students lacked independent judgment and didn't want trouble. So, they followed the crowd, bullied whoever everyone else bullied, and distanced themselves from the original owner when others did, just to appear sociable.

But now, Jiang Mi wasn't trouble.

She boldly beat up Zhou Hao, wrote a self-criticism that slapped Liu Rui Lin's face, and yet Liu Rui Lin dared not do anything to her.

What did that indicate?

It indicated that Jiang Mi was becoming powerful.

Liu Rui Lin, the head teacher, was too obvious in his favoritism, and many students didn't like him. However, most lacked the courage to challenge the head teacher.

Now, Jiang Mi made Liu Rui Lin lose face, so she was now their so-called "hero."

A "powerful hero" naturally gained applause and support.

When Jiang Mi entered the classroom, some people cheered and clapped, but the enthusiasm was much less than outside.

Because in this class, there were too many people who had bullied her, and they didn't want her to become strong.

Like her former desk mate, Qin Tong.

Jiang Mi sat alone, without a desk mate, but others did.

Qin Tong's desk mate was the female lead in the novel, Yu Bai.

This destined that the roles of the three in the novel would often be arranged together.

Yu Bai and the original lead both liked Bai Mo, almost a public secret.

Of course, Bai Mo, a former child star, is now a popular idol with a large fan base.

But the original lead was beautiful and stood out, making her a thorn in Yu Bai's eyes.

Yu Bai wasn't the typical positive female lead; she dared to love and hate, looking down on the original lead.

But she was a top student, proud of her status, unwilling to confront the original lead directly, usually leaving it to her good friend Qin Tong to teach the original lead a lesson.

Qin Tong, on the other hand, was a poor student, often competing for the bottom rank with the original lead, creating significant conflicts between them.

"Your self-criticism was written by someone else, right?" When Qin Tong heard someone cheering for Jiang Mi, her face turned green, and she loudly said, "Someone who scored 18 in physics can calculate the speed and weight of someone's punch based on a case? Who are you kidding? Hahaha..."

Jiang Mi indeed couldn't calculate it; the values were altered by Gu Yan Feng.

But the focus of that self-criticism wasn't on the numbers, right?

However, when Qin Tong said this, many people laughed along.

Scoring 18 in physics indeed set a record for the lowest score, worth a laugh.

"Yeah," Jiang Mi responded indifferently, "my tutor helped me with that."

"Tutor?" Qin Tong laughed even louder, "You? Can you afford a tutor?"

Yesterday, Qin Tong also skipped class. Today, as soon as she arrived, she heard rumors spreading like wildfire about Jiang Mi suddenly becoming wealthy and having powerful backing. She hadn't seen it with her own eyes yet and was unwilling to believe it.

Jiang Mi didn't want to answer such a foolish question. She opened her backpack and took out the materials Gu Yan Feng had organized for her last night.

"Oh, what's this?" Qin Tong saw the top few sheets of material Jiang Mi placed, held together by a golden paper clip, and reached out to take it.

Jiang Mi squinted but didn't say anything.

The original lead was skillful and often made some small items, either for personal use or as gifts for Bai Mo, most of which were given to Bai Mo.

Bai Mo had to film, rush through schedules, and participate in various activities, so he didn't have much time to attend classes at school seriously.

The original lead didn't know when he would come, so she could only bring things to school and hope for the best.

However, she had basically never given anything away.

Qin Tong wouldn't let her deliver anything to Bai Mo.

As soon as she saw the original lead make something nice, Qin Tong would snatch it away directly and destroy it. Then, she would sarcastically mock the original lead, saying things like "A toad lusting after swan's flesh" and "How could Bai Mo possibly like this broken thing?"

Whenever this happened, the whole class would mock the original lead together.

Today was no different. Bullying the original lead had become a habit for Qin Tong, and she couldn't change it for a while. Moreover, she didn't want to change; she wanted to suppress Jiang Mi again.

After all, the Zhou Hao family wasn't exceptionally wealthy, and for these rich kids, it was just average.

Jiang Mi dealing with Zhou Hao wasn't such a big deal.

"Is this coated with copper?" Unfortunately, Qin Tong's family conditions weren't much better, relying on Yu Bai to be domineering. She didn't recognize the difference between gold and copper, "Jiang Mi, it's not shameful to be poor. Do you think it's interesting to be so vain? Dogs don't despise poverty. What will your parents think?"

She played with the swallowtail clip, twirling it between her fingertips. In the process, with a careless move, she failed to control the force properly, and the clip shot out.

Not too far off, it landed on the head of a boy in the front row.

The boy reached out, caught the swallowtail clip, and then turned around.

Jiang Mi paused.

The boy was none other than Bai Mo.

Bai Mo was only eighteen, yet he was already so popular. There was nothing to say about his looks. However, his facial features were still a bit undeveloped, making him look quite youthful.

Compared to Gu Yanfeng, Jiang Mi secretly commented, not even in the same league.

"This is made of gold." Bai Mo looked at the swallowtail clip in his hand and said in a volume audible to the whole class, "I've used a clip from this brand, priced at 18,888 yuan each."

The classroom fell silent for a moment, then buzzed like a swarm of bees had entered, buzzing incessantly.

Most of the students in the class were not short of money, but when it came to stationery, they didn't need such high specifications.

A swallowtail clip priced at 18,888 yuan each was not something many people used.

And now, the once poorest student had one. Naturally, the classmates' emotions were complicated.

Qin Tong's face turned red, and she stammered, "Maybe it's a fake?"

"No, there's a logo here." Bai Mo pointed it out for everyone to see.

Jiang Mi remained silent, feeling a bit complicated.

The original owner liked Bai Mo for a reason.

The first time she was bullied, Bai Mo helped her out of the situation.

However, Bai Mo's help was purely based on justice.

The original owner, holding onto this goodwill as a lifesaver, exerted immense pressure on Bai Mo, causing him to want to avoid her every time he saw her.

If the original owner heard Bai Mo speak up for her again, she would surely be overjoyed and unable to sleep at night.

Unfortunately, for other wishes, Jiang Mi could help her fulfill them, but Bai Mo... she had no intention of getting involved.

"Please return my clip." Jiang Mi didn't look at Bai Mo and said to Qin Tong.

The materials were prepared by Gu Yanfeng, and she hadn't noticed the clip before. It seemed he anticipated a similar situation and intentionally used such a luxurious clip. She couldn't afford to lose Gu Yanfeng's things.

Being publicly embarrassed by Bai Mo, Qin Tong couldn't act out. warned by Yu Bai, normally, it didn't matter how arrogant she was, but she needed to leave a good impression on Bai Mo.

But with the whole class watching, Qin Tong couldn't bring herself to personally go over and get the clip for Jiang Mi. She could only look expectantly at Bai Mo, hoping he would hand it over.

Unfortunately, Bai Mo thought for a moment, then turned away, placing the swallowtail clip on the desk, making it clear that he was unwilling to help her pass it over.

Qin Tong was so angry that her face turned red and then pale. Unable to contain her frustration, she pushed Yu Bai.

Yu Bai also didn't expect Bai Mo to act like this. After a brief hesitation, she turned back to Jiang Mi and said, "Clip worth 18,888 yuan, right? How about I compensate you with 20,000 yuan?"

Jiang Mi, writing her homework, didn't lift her head and said calmly, "I don't lack money; just return the clip."

Qin Tong raised her hand as if to slap someone, stopped by Yu Bai.

She gave Jiang Mi a deep look, gritted her teeth, and shouted, "Bai Mo."

Bai Mo turned around.

Yu Bai said, "Could you please trouble yourself to hand over the clip? Jiang Mi needs it for class."

Bai Mo hesitated for a moment and said, "Whoever threw it, let them come and get it themselves."

4