[1] I Quit!
917 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Fuck you System!" A young man screams at the air, anger causes him to snap madly at nothing as his face began to pale before rushing to the bathroom to vomit out what he last ate.

"Fuck! Free my ass! Why the Fuck did I die when I was just about to leave and finish my role?! That shouldn't happen to me!" He empties out the inside of his stomach, recalling how he had just died before coming here while talking to himself as a transparent screen suddenly pops up with text that begins to show, answering the man's questions.

[Apologies. The system deemed it to be a mistake on the task that-]

"Mistake?!" The man snaps back. "You Fucking telling me that I wasted that round because of a fucking mistake?!" He exited the bathroom and lays on his bed, a tired look on his face shows of how much pain he has held into yet he couldn't rest because he wanted to argue to the system that brought him here.

"I completed that task, made that asshole a demigod or whatever and even risked failing a mission because one of the targets almost die. Tell me system, where was the fucking mistake?"

[The system deemed that your actions in saving the heroine being a mistake-]

"Bullshit!"

"You restarted a round because a heroine died and scolded me for not saving her?!" He recalled the previous round when he ignored a scene where the heroine was kidnapped and was raped before getting herself killed, then he restarted that round and was punished because of it.

"You also scolded me for saving a heroine and I was even killed because you only restarted after I was brutally killed off." He also remember a round where a heroine was in trouble while the protagonist was unavailable, he risked his role just to save her but the system shuts his body down at the last moment, giving the enemies time to jump him and proceeded to beat and kill him off.

"I should save them while also not save them? Do you think I'm also a program like you?" After millions of rounds, repeated events and even the never ending work he was put through, this cycle of life Arc has been doing had his mental state broken over and over.

He was just a slave rather than earning the rewards he was given. No matter how much salvitating the rewards were, it couldn't even come close to the endless repititions he was put through.

Failure because a heroine fell in love with him.

Failure because the protagonist failed one event.

Hell, there's even a bullshit failure just because he was more handsome than the protagonist.

It got to the point where it drove Arc insane just because he made a mistake of being too tired and ended up causing a restart because of it which almost snap, until the last round.

[Don't worry Host. This is just a small setback that you can recover.]

"No." Arc stops the program, having enough with it. "I quit."

[......What?] The System paused.

"I'm not gonna do it anymore. This job being a Villain, I don't wanna do it. I'm tired." Arc lays on the bed again after the never ending repeats of being a Villain and being killed over and over. While the physical body was still energetic, his mental state had long ago collapse from the overwork and sanity being too low. The only reason why he was still sane was basically the willpower that continues to push through, despite how tired he was.

Yet, Arc was still human and even with his inhuman willpower, he was still a mortal and prone to be tired.

Because the last round finally broke that willpower of his, he finally snaps and decides to give up.

'I don't even know why I was still doing this. Its been so long since I could rest.' Even with his Eidetic Memory, the slow passing of time and the degrading of his mental state had corroded his mind to the point he has forgotten the goal he gave to the system.

[Host. You made a wish to the system for a peaceful life. Remember?] The system reminded him.

"Oh. It was that." Arc had finally recalled that memory as he did wish the system for a peaceful life.

While the wish was a bit simple and stupid, given his past circumstances, he was desperate and afraid of having a 4th relife.

Yes, Arc actually reincarnated twice.

His first life was quite ordinary as he had a normal life to which he didn't complain.

He was smart, physically healthy and even quite good looking that he never had any problems since he was raised well in a good family and the values he was taught made him quite friendly with anyone.

Yet the moment he got a girlfriend, everything turned upside-down for him.

His friends mysteriously disappear, his family growing distant and even left him. Everyone started to hate him that he couldn't understand until he realized that his girlfriend was the one that cause everything.

"Arc! You're Mine! Mine! No one can take you away from me! Not her, not your family, you're Mine! Mine alone!" It was too late to escape as she had plan on making him disappear from the world and was knocked out. The endless inprisonment life then began.

He doesn't understand!

He thought that his life would get better if he worked hard, he skipped finding hobbies to improve himself, yet it was all ruined because he ended up dating some psychopathic woman his friends had set up with.

Maybe his friends might not had the best mind when they set up dating a mentally unstable girl with a guy who only thinks of helping people with no motives. Maybe he wouldn't end up having his limbs removed and forced to lived as a crippled man, whose hard work was lost because of it.

In the end, he pitifully died after the police showed up and she, in her last ditch effort, killed not only him but also herself.

It was the end of his first and...and the start of his second life.

Never would Arc expected to be given a second chance in life as he grew up an orphan but still strived hard to be excellent. Trying to copy his first life(with the exception of having a girlfriend) as he grew up being a top adventurer with a group of well-rounded party which shows promise around the world.

'Yes! My life finally turned out better!' Arc celebrated too early before hearing the news of one of his party members retiring yet deciding to send one of his apprentices to replace him.

While his other party members were skeptical about the replacement, Arc assured them that everything would work out alright.

Yet, the moment he saw the apprentice, he wanted to slap his past self because the new party member had an odd familiarity of being someone whose resemblance being his old girlfriend in his past life.

'God! Can't you give me a break?!' He assures himself that this was just a coincidence since he believes that running into her was just crazy and doesn't believe it to be the same one in his past life.

To which he relaxed and noticed that she was different from his girlfriend and was just trying to be a proper member of the party.

While there was a lack of progress since the group had to adjust to the new party member, Arc still gave them assurance and guidance to the party which they steadily improve to the point that they didn't even notice the changes in the party.

They quickly adapted and even the apprentice managed to catch up that surprises the party except for Arc who was always confident on people.

'There's no useless person, just unguided people. Thats what my dad used to say.' It stood how much effort he put in to make the party work, even the group finally accepted the new member to the team as she decided to throw in a party to celebrate their successful job.

What he didn't know was that he was tricked after realizing that he was the only person who came to the party.

"Where's the group? Am I the first to come? Can I see the dog?" Arc tried not to panic and slowly back the door, too late to realize that she had lock the door behind her as she went close to him and...

"Woof~"

His first experience in prison life in the next world began.

She would often scold him for not noticing her blatant signals and rejected being alone with her that drove her to the point of locking him up just to be with her.

Arc cursed himself of being someone who had to experience this again in both of his lives as the worst part was his party noticing he was missing and tried to rescue him.

It ended up him causing mental trauma as she brutally tortured and killed them off that in a last ditch effort, decided to lit himself up in fire, afraid of living the same life he had in his first life.

He cursed himself, "Why? I didn't do anything wrong, my life was just trying to do good and didn't cause any trouble living! Am I really cursed not to have a simple, peaceful life?"

Yet, in the midst of his darkest hours, a voice called out to him in a metalic and emotionless tone:

[Do you wish for a peaceful life? To live a life that you crave? To have happiness? A tranquil and simple day where you aren't punished  because you tried to do good?]

For a normal person, they would be cautious to trust the System, moreso the readers or Otakus who had read too many novels.

But for Arc who was desperate and ignorant of knowledge he didn't possess.

He ended up trusting the system that deprived him of a third life, repeating life after life, time after time. The countless rounds of repitition of being a puppet to a story.

Today, he quits.

20