Chapter 11 – Time flies by
164 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I was planning to have a time skip but it was getting long and decided to publish this part alone(1270 words), the next chapters are going to have quite a few time skips of long periods of time but if you think the characters need more development give some feedback

The days passed as normal, but as i proved myself capable of handling a group of armed orcs, Freya went to the Guild with me and we talked with her friends about them giving me some training and tips, they were quite happy to know me in person and eager to teach me the basics they knew, so immediately after they accepted to teach me, we went to the Guild's training area to start the teachings.

Each one of her friends took turns in teaching different subjects that are important to every mercenary along different types of combat with different weapons, and i absorbed such knowledge very easily because i had 8 minds working on it and each of them were quite strong by themselves. We spent a few hours training and at the end i was around intermediary to high level in respect to my combat and survival capabilities, but because of my physical peculiarities we had change a few lessons like survival tips, but outside of this i did very well.

I even started doing escort mission with  Freya's mercenary group, and just for safety reasons i put my 15 points in [Agility] and bought a skill that costs 100 shop points called [Mark] that allows me to put a unnoticeable mark on something like a place or person and be aware of the marked thing's location, condition and surroundings.

The only noteworthy thing that happened during those escort missions was that a group of bandits attacked the carriage group we were escorting but we quickly resolved it most b using a new technique i created that shoots a ball of [Silk] that on contact explodes in a multitude of strings that immediately immobilize the person hit, but i made sure that even if the person is hit in the face they still can breathe through the [Silk].

After a few escort missions we made together, Freya and a few of her friend got promoted to rank 9 at the Guild, Freya and i decided to celebrate this promotion by travelling to the nearest city to explore it and try the local products, and a few of the mercenary group decided to do the same.

...  

We travelled by foot as the city was not that far away and our travel supplies on our backpacks were mostly food and a few tools as i told Freya about my [Inventory]  as to which she was doubting it a little as i previously showed that i did not know this world magic, but i informed her that i had a few rather unique abilities and would acquire more in the future, in response to this information she just thought that it was something natural for my kind and for practical reasons i did not correct this simple misunderstanding.

in the middle of our journey we decided to camp at the road side on a open area as the night was coming, so i made a spacious tent with [Silk] and also made a sleeping set, and made a campfire somewhat away from the road and set the tent close to the campfire. I took a pot from my [Inventory] along some ingredients, put it on top of the campfire and started making some food for the rest of our journey.

While Freya was reading a book inside the tent, i made a clone and armed it with a 2 hand sword made of [Silk] and put it to watch the area while i made food, and a dozen minutes after i started making food a carriage being accompanied by a group of mercenaries came along the road going in the same direction we were going before stopping. One of the mercenaries at the front came close to me and said:

"Hello there, we are going to Mando city, do you mind if we camp here for the night?"

"Let me check it for a moment." I said to him before my clone went to the tent and asked Freya if she minded them camping here, she answered that she was okey with it so i put my clone on watch again and answered him with:

"We don't mind, feel free to camp here, we are also going to leave at the morning towards Mando city"

The mercenary gestured for the carriage to stop at the road side, and after the carriage stopped, a few mercenaries took out some camping equipment and started setting it around a campfire they made close to the one i made. I offered them some food in a few bowls i just made and they accepted after examining the food, i guess they were using [Appraisal] on it, i personally did not take offence and just ignored it and gave a bowl to Freya at the tent.

As i sat at the campfire taking care of the food the previous mercenary came and sat in front of me and asked me:

"You don't need to answer if you want, but, why are you going to Mando city?"

"Me and my partner are going there as a type of celebration, do you know a nice place to visit at the city, like a restaurant, a inn or a library?" I answered and questioned.

He said in response "There is a few actually, Bor's restaurant, John's bakery, the public library and Tath's inn, i recommend you go first at the Tath's inn and book a few days if you want to have a nice stay at the city and it also has good food, but is that person holding a sword your partner?"

I said to him "No, they are inside the tent, the one holding the sword is me"

He had a questioning look on his face but as i did not elaborate further he seemed to ignore it and we started talking about other things. I made the clone on watch stay with Freya to give her some company, the time went by and soon it was late in the night and the mercenaries went to sleep with some of them keeping watch duty, so i did the same and exchanged places with my clone making it stay on watch while i slept hugging Freya until the morning.

...

As i already made some experiments before it was still somewhat strange to be wake and sleeping at the same time, but nonetheless, i slept and woke up at 07:10 without any accident, i used the clone outside to clean up the pot and the rest of the food while my main body stayed hugging Freya in the tent.

The mercenaries started to wake up, with Freya waking up soon afterwards, we stayed in bed looking at each other for some time and after staring for a minute or two, we gave each other a kiss and got up to start packing our stuff to leave, with the mercenaries packing their stuff at the same time, i reabsorbed the tent and our sleeping set, leaving only our supplies to the travel on our backpacks.

I took the weapon from the clone and deactivated it, we said our goodbyes to the mercenary group and went toward our next destination. 

  

Stats as of the end of the chapter

Age: 85 days

Level: 9 4289/5494

Attribute points: 0

Shop points:420

Total Exp: 12590


Strength[Level 36]

Resistance[Level 25]

Agility[Level 34]

Mind[Level 41]

Soul[Level 43]


HP: 347/347 (res*10+ str*2+res)

Stamina: 400/400 (res*15+res)

Energy: 688/688 (Soul*15+soul)


[Threads[Overall level 66][Control level 66, Shaping level 67]]

[Hidden Fog [Overall level 72][Control level 73, Shaping 72]]

[Analysis[Level 31]]

[Map[Level 28]]

Shadow Clone[Level 56]]

[Parallel Processing[Level 63][Extra minds 8]]

[Awareness[Level 48]]

[collapse]

 

8