Chapter 12 – Time flies by(part 2)
170 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I ended dividing this in a few parts so here is the second one(1144 words)

Freya and i arrived at the mando city in the morning and were allowed entry by using our Guild cards. We asked direction to the Tath's inn and after we wandered around the city, we went to the inn with out incidents.

We arrived at the inn around 09:56 and when we entered inside the inn, quite a few people were eating in the dinner area and for some reason all of them stopped eating and talking then started to stare at both of us, we ignored the stares and proceeded to the reception desk where a few receptionists were sitting and we talked to one of the young looking woman there.

"Hello, how much is a room?" I asked the receptionist

As to which she answered with "7 copper coins per day, 9 if you want lunch included, and a basic dinner and breakfast are 2 copper coins each "

"We will stay for 7 days, and by any chance do you know where the public library is?" I gave the equivalent of 63 copper coins and asked about the library.

She answered with a smile and gave our room key "The library is at the city center, the dark brown tall building, and you are in luck because there is going to have a book meeting at 12:00 in the public library."

I said to her "Thanks, we probably will go there."

We took our room key and seated on a table in the hall that had a menu atop it, and soon afterwards the same receptionist that we talked with came to us  and asked:

"Hi again, i also work as a waiter here, what do you want to eat?"

Freya ordered "Rice with a steak, sausages and juice" that was 3 copper coins and i ordered "Rice with eggs" that was 2, i gave her the money and the receptionist now waiter took our orders and went somewhere which i presume to be the kitchen.

After 10 minutes she came back with two plates of food and a small jar of juice and put it on our table saying "Enjoy".

We ate our food, and from what i tasted it was a 6.5 out of 10 but was good enough. We went to our room to see how it looked, it ended being a rather normal room, it was furnished with a few item and had a bathroom.

The first thing Freya and i did was take a shower together, where nothing strange happened, i swear *fakes cough* anyway, after the shower we slept together on the only bed in the room until it was 11:35 as i slept with one mind awake to keep watch over the time so we can visit the book meeting, i gently woke Freya up and told her:

"Wake up~, it is 11:35 do you want to go to the book meeting at the public library?"

Freya responded by giving me a kiss and saying "Why not? Lets get ready, it will probably be interesting."

We got up and changed to more casual clothes to wear outside, and went to the entrance passing by the dinner area, and as usual we got quite a few stares from the people eating, i wonder why?

Useless thoughts aside, we went to the city center and searched for a bit before finding the library, it had quite the flow of visitors, i am guessing it is because of the meeting.

I put it aside and entered the library with Freya, and what greeted us was what you would expect of a big library, the bookshelves, tables etc.. and in a corner there was a dozen tables in a somewhat circular formation, with people with books in hand or atop the tables facing the people, and at the entrance there was a reception desk with a few librarians.

Freya asked a libraria if the tables in the corner were the book meeting and the librarian said that it was the meeting, more specifically a meeting to discuss about a certain popular "fantasy" book, i said "fantasy" because i am inside a fantasy like world, so it would me more like a book about a real legendary tale.

We luckily saw someone we "knew", we saw the receptionist from the inn siting alone in one of the tables, so we approached and asked if the seats were occupied, she answered that they weren't and we were welcome to make her company. She said her name was Janet and the current meeting was about one of her favorite books, it was the second book of a tetralogy titled "Marcon's journey", which i found surprising as it was the same tetralogy Freya and i started reading recently, but we only made a small commentary about how we just discovered the book and made some small talk before the meeting started at the scheduled time.

The meeting started at 12:00 and went as normal, the people attending it were mostly women and they talked about what they liked and disliked, their opinion about certain characters and the story as a whole etc etc...

But despite Freya and i remaining silent during the whole meeting, it was made obvious that Freya was enjoying this meeting a lot because of her reactions and faces to what the attendees were saying, like when a character dies, another becomes rich or two characters end up together, i was both happy and amused by Freya's reactions, but what is good don't last forever as the meeting ended at 14:30.

When the meeting ended we talked some more with Janet about books and asked if she had any book recommendations, she ended up giving a few recommendation from this library and i immediately bought the recommended book for Freya and i, after buying the book we gave our goodbyes and returned for the inn to sleep and snuggle together some more.

...

We spent the rest of the week visiting attractions like restaurants, stores, shops and the like, trying the local specialties, during this week we often talked with Janet and we even decided to exchange letter from time to time, she sends them to my store and i send them to the inn in her name. At the end of the week we gave our goodbyes to Janet while promising to visit her in the future and we returned to our city

 

 

Stats as of the end of the chapter

Age: 92 days

Level: 9 4289/5494

Attribute points: 0

Shop points:420

Total Exp: 12590


Strength[Level 36]

Resistance[Level 25]

Agility[Level 34]

Mind[Level 49]

Soul[Level 48]


HP: 347/347 (res*10+ str*2+res)

Stamina: 400/400 (res*15+res)

Energy: 768/768 (Soul*15+soul)


[Threads[Overall level 66][Control level 66, Shaping level 67]]

[Hidden Fog [Overall level 74][Control level 74, Shaping 74]]

[Analysis[Level 31]]

[Map[Level 32]]

Shadow Clone[Level 56]]

[Parallel Processing[Level 70][Extra minds 9]]

[Awareness[Level 57]]

[collapse]

 

   

5