Chapter 13 – Time flies by(part 3)
246 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I think this "Time flies by" will have only one more part, maybe two if i want to make it more "digestible". This segment of the story is more of a resume of what happened in the start of the mc journey and story but i probably will make separate side-cahpter that tells in more detail what happened during a moment of this period, if the readers want it or if a moment is important to the story, so if you want a moment to be better explained let me know by messaging me or by the comments

I made this chapter with around 1990 words, but leave a feedback as to which you think is better, longer or shorter chapters?

Let's start from the day i returned from Mando city:

The day i arrived back at our city i immediately made 2 clones and left them at home in one of the rooms practicing my skills doing multiple exercises at the same time, while Freya and i went about our days.

If you are wondering, yes it would be strange if you were walking in your home and saw a duplicate of your husband or wife doing some strange exercise, but not only i put the clones in a unused room but Freya just accepted my peculiarities and abilities as if it was just something mundane.

I questioned her why she didn't find it strange, her answer was that it was quite common for people to acquire strange abilities as they age or in some cases be born with them, with the latter mostly applying to racial abilities like with the Arachnes and their silk or Elfs and their magic. 

After some time we both Started creating a routine that that consists of waking up in the morning, stay in bed for a few minutes, then get up and i go to the kitchen prepare something warm for us while i make one or more lunch boxes for Freya to take while she's out, but as Freya did only a few missions a week to begin with, she spends most of the time at home doing something or doing other things with me.

When we have something like a mission to do at the Guild it is often after we had our drinks in the morning and we spend a good part of the day doing said missions and return normally at around 18:00, or later for longer mission, them when we return, we clean ourselves and spend the rest of the night doing nice things like eating food i made or reading books, then proceeded to sleep.

And after our little travel our days started following this routine with nothing noteworthy happening, until 4 weeks later, when we had a unexpected visitor at my store.

In the middle of the day when my store was open, while i was enjoying my time with Freya over some warm  coffee, the clone i left taking care of the store saw a luxurious carriage stop in front of the store and from it came out a middle aged man wearing expensive clothes, he walked to the front counter and made me a question with a voice that carried discipline with it:

"Good afternoon, i am Alfred and i work as a butler for Lady Caroline Griffin, i would like to make a business deal with the owner, could you inform them?"

Freya and my main body were drinking tea at the kitchen so i informed Freya about what the butler said and her reaction was: 

"I don't know what kind of deal it is, but i strongly recommend you accept! Caroline Griffin is the noble that rules this state and it's cities, she is famous for taking honor in high regards, so if she makes a deal, she will follow it through. And from what i heard she often make deals with skilled people while paying them according to their skill, making many wish that such favorable deals also happen to them."

So i informed the butler:

"Good afternoon sir, i am the owner, what kind of deal are we talking about?"

He answered "My employer heard multiple humors about your shop, specially about how you sell high quality silk quite cheaply, so we would like to know if you have silk of higher quality to sell to us, we are willing to pay depending on the quality of the silk and probably will buy multiple times here"

I pretended to be thinking while i informed Freya about what he said, she reaction was "You definitely have to accept! It will make a lot of money and will create good connections!"

I told the butler "I actually have silk of varying qualities, the one i use to make clothes are of the lowest quality, let me pick a few samples for you" 

I went to the storage room and created 3 square pieces of cloth having 30 cm², one was of low quality used to make the clothes i sell, one was of medium quality i use to make tools and stuff like backpacks, and the third was of high quality that i use to make Freya's clothes and my clothes.

I brought the samples to the butler and put them on top of the counter, he examined each sample with care and expertise, and while he examined i said to him:

"I can sell you rolls of this silk or i can make clothes using them and then sell you the complete clothes, but if you want me to make a specific clothe to you, i will need a pattern or "blueprint" of the clothe that shows the inside and the sides of the clothe and details like size, pockets and ribbons"

After examining the samples he said "I will be buying a roll of each quality, but can you make them 3 times this sample in width and 30 in length? I am willing to pay 3.8 gold for the higher quality roll, 6.75 silver for the medium quality roll and 1.8 silver for the lowest quality roll, do you think these values are acceptable?"

"I can, these prices are acceptable, but before prepare them for you, do you have any color you want them to be, you can pick a color from this pallet" I said and gestured to the color pallet.

He said that the 3 of them could be white as show in the pallet so i pretended again by going into the storage room and i made the [Silk] rolls he asked i also tied each of them with a ribbon of different color to differentiate them , i brought them to the front and put them on top of the counter, he examined one by one as i informed him of the ribbons.

"The one with the white ribbon is the lowest quality, the one in grey is the medium quality, and the one in black is the high quality".

He took out from his briefcase he had a bag with the coins to pay for the rolls and put it into the counter and gestured for me to confirm the coin amount, which i did and after gesturing to him that it was the right amount he took the rolls and asked:

"Are  those Arachne silk by any chance? Because we might buy a considerable amount and it might impact on the Arachne health if they make a lot of silk at once."

I answered by saying "It's not Arachne silk, but i indeed produce it, i can produce around 8 of these rolls per day without affecting my health, with the number growing as i age"

He said as he took the rolls and returned to the carriage "That is indeed good to know in advance, and it was a pleasure doing business with you, we probably will be returning in the future to buy more material from your store, have a good day"

His carriage went back home i presume, and i was left alone with Freya, she seemed very curious on how the deal went so i talked with her:

"I sold 3 rolls of silk for 4.655 gold coins, and he said they are likely to return to buy more"

Freya hugged me and said "Congratulations! This partnership surely  will be very successful"

I hugged her back and said "Thanks, i definitely will be consulting you about these kind of things, specially about the noble customs"

we then talked some more about this noble lady and we continued with our day as normal.

...

Another 15 days went by as normal and in these 15 days i made a few rolls of [Silk] and on those last 6 weeks since the travel i also went on missions with Freya, in escort missions we did it together but in hunting missions she just watched and commented on what i improved. I got another 12340 exp and gained 420 shop points from the hunts and put the 10 attribute points i gained into [Resistance], i even gained the skill [Multitask] because i was doing many things at once.

As Alfred promised, his carriage stopped at the front of my store and he came out to the front counter to make business, at this time i was hunting with Freya and left 2 clones taking care of the store and 4 more practicing my skills upstairs, he said to my clone:

"Good afternoon and i ask that you pardon my rudeness, i previously forgot to ask your name"

"My last name is Inanis and my first is Scarlet but you can call me Inanis, did Lady Caroline like my products?" I asked Alfred

He responded "She was indeed very satisfied with the quality of the material, that is why i came to buy more rolls of the silk, 4 of the medium quality and 2 of the high quality, but could you make them twice as large and of the color white again? I will be paying according to the previous prices"

"No problem, wait a moment please" I said as the clone in the back prepared the rolls with their respective ribbons. When it was finished i went in the back and brought them to the front counter, he examined them like he previously did, when he was done he gave me the money and took the rolls, he said while he was preparing to leave :

"Thank you ms. Inanis, we probably will be seeing each other often in the future"

"Would you like to have some tea for a few minutes?" i offered.

He answered and gave his goodbyes "Unfortunately i only have time for business, maybe another time, see you next time and have a nice day"

Then he and his carriage went back to somewhere and i was left to do my things.

The rest of the day went as normal with quite a few customers, and like usual Freya and i returned home at around 18:40 from the Guild, when we arrived home we took of our armor and clothes and took a shower, one at a time that is. We spent the rest of the night reading books Janet recommended and went to sleep late in the night.

...

3 months went by and nothing that new happened, Alfred visited every 2 or 3 week an bought more of the medium quality [Silk] and a few less of the high quality [Silk].

 

Freya and i continued hunting mostly orcs, which gave me another 15630 exp and 570 shop points, with the attribute points i gained i put one point into [Agility] and 4 into [Strength].

With the shop points i have, i bought a skill called [Mind], which i know is easy to mistake for the attribute, but it have this name because it is a skill that let's me use my [Mind] attribute to make different things, like control objects with my mind, detect minds, read minds emotions and memories, but also do mind attacks of pure psychic energy and create objects and shield of this same energy, it cost me 500 points but was worthy it.

 

Stats as of the end of the chapter

Age: 7 months and 15 days(135  225days)

Level 12: 2747/24679 

Attribute points: 0

Shop points:1430

Total Exp: 24930


Strength[Level 40]

Resistance[Level 35]

Agility[Level 35]

Mind[Level 87]

Soul[Level 73]


HP: 347/347 (res*10+ str*2+res)

Stamina: 400/400 (res*15+res)

Energy: 1168/1168(Soul*15+soul)


[Threads[Overall level 169][Control level 170, Shaping level 169]]

[Hidden Fog [Overall level 179][Control level 181, Shaping 172]]

[Analysis[Level 98]]

[Map[Level 66]]

Shadow Clone[Level 119]]

[Parallel Processing[Level 177][Extra minds 20]]

[Awareness[Level 152]]

[Multitask[Level53]]

[Mind[Level 15]]

[collapse]

 

8