Chapter 22
290 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Therefore, he didn't realize that it was already noon, so he stood up from his seat and headed to the dining area of their house to eat. Upon arriving, he found his sister just finishing up cooking their lunch. When Xiao Yun placed the food on the table, she saw Madara was standing and so she invited him to eat. In the middle of their meal, Xiao Yun asked him about his decision.

"Madara, I think you've already chosen what kind of cultivator you want to be."

He paused from eating when he heard this and answered, "Yes, sister. Thanks to your advice, I've decided on what cultivator I want to be," he said with a smile.

"Good, because tomorrow we'll start our training again."

After hearing this, Madara resumed eating. After they finished lunch, Xiao Yun asked her little brother if he had anything else to do.

"Nothing, sister," Madara replied.

"Can you help me with the household chores? "

Madara did not refuse because he knew he should also help his sister, and this was also his way of repaying what his sister did for him. And they didn't realize that it was already late into the evening when they finished their chores, so Xiao Yun cooked dinner and served it on the table.

After eating, she told him to go to sleep early because they would start training again the next day. After a few minutes, Madara entered his room, tidied up his bed, and laid down. After some hours, he found himself unable to sleep due to an unexplainable feeling.

"I can't sleep," he murmured, his words barely louder than a whisper, lost in the silence of his room.

"I didn't expect that tomorrow I'd become a full-fledged cultivator."

"I should try to rest now; it's hard to focus on training when my eyes are heavy with exhaustion."

The next morning, he woke up to take a bath and put on his clothes (as usual black hanfu and shoes). After that, he had breakfast left for him by his sister. Then, he went to their training area.

When he arrived, he saw Li Lu and his sister, waiting for him. Upon his arrival, Xiao Yun ordered the two to sit cross-legged, which they immediately followed. And she asked them what cultivator they wanted to be.

"Now, what's your decision?" she asked.

Upon hearing this, Li Lu answered, "Big sister, I've decided to become a sword cultivator."

"And you, Madara, what have you decided?"

Madara took a deep breath and answered, "Sister, I've also chosen to become a sword cultivator."

Xiao Yun nodded upon hearing this from the two.

"I won't ask you two why you chose to become sword cultivators," she said with a smile.

"Big sister, will you be our master?" Li Lu asked with curiosity.

"Not exactly like that; I'll just teach you the basics of swordsmanship, like how to release qi into your sword and develop sword intent, things like that."

"Also, it's okay to call me sister or big sister. And what are we waiting for? Let's start."

The two children stood up from their seats, and Xiao Yun took out two wooden swords from her storage ring and gave them to the children.

"The first thing I will teach you is how to create sword qi."

"Begin your journey by cultivating your inner energy through meditation, and breathing exercises. This forms the foundation for condensing sword qi."

"Choose a serene location free from distractions where you can focus your mind entirely on the cultivation process."

Two children chose flat land near the waterfall.

"Sit or stand in a comfortable position and enter a meditative state by clearing your mind of distractions and focusing inward. And make sure you're in an on-guard stance." (She explained what an on-guard stance is.)

The two children stood apart from each other, holding the sword with both hands in an on-guard posture.

"Clear your mind of distractions and focus solely on the concept of sword qi. Imagine yourself surrounded by a swirling vortex of energy, representing the potential for sword qi."

"Begin to circulate your internal energy (qi) throughout your body. Visualize this energy gathering at your dantian, the energy center located in your lower abdomen."

"Cultivate a strong intent or willpower directed towards the formation of sword qi. This intent is crucial in shaping the energy to align with the qualities of a sword."

"Focus on condensing the circulating qi into a concentrated form. Visualize this energy taking on the form of a sharp, gleaming blade, pulsating with power."

"Maintain a calm and focused emotional state throughout the process. Emotions like anger or fear can disrupt the flow of energy and hinder the formation of sword qi."

The two children did as instructed, and after three days, their efforts paid off.

The next morning, Xiao Yun asked the two about their progress. "Let me see the result of your training."

The two immediately adjusted their stance, holding the wooden sword with both hands while in an on-guard stance.

Li Lu emitted blue qi around his wooden sword. Likewise, Madara also emitted silver qi surrounding his wooden sword.

"Nice, next is releasing sword qi while using sword skills."

....

So Xiao Yun made a training dummy from the collected leaves and wood and molded it into a human shape. After that, she also brought out a book from her storage ring and handed it to the two.

The two immediately read the cover page of the book (Basic sword skills), and the first page said Cutting Techniques: Various cutting motions such as slashes, cuts, and chops, often targeting an opponent's limbs or neck.

"Watch what I'm going to do, okay?"

The two children agreed, so Xiao Yun began the demonstration. She released the sword qi from her steel sword and executed a vertical slash on the dummy. Because of that, the dummy got a cut on its arm.

The two children were amazed at what they witnessed. And seeing their reaction, Xiao Yun smiled.

"You can achieve that if your cutting technique is in the foundation stage."

"Foundation stage?" both children asked.

"Yes, every technique has stages of progression, and that stages consists of the initial, foundation, intermediate, advance, and perfection stage."

"But sister, how do we know if the technique we're practicing is progressing?" Madara asked.

"You might have moments where you gain new insights or understand your technique better, leading to increased mastery."

"There's also a guide written for each technique, so memorize what's written there in the book, okay?"

The two children agreed. After a few minutes of memorization, Xiao Yun guided the two to perform the cutting technique while releasing their sword qi.

"Practice sword techniques regularly to enhance your connection with the sword and its essence. Each strike and movement should be infused with your intent to manifest sword qi."

"Coordinate your breathing with your movements and energy circulation. Inhale deeply to draw in cosmic energy, and exhale forcefully to release any impurities and refine the sword qi."

"When you feel the sword qi has reached its peak intensity, release it with a decisive strike or gesture. Visualize the energy extending outward like a sharp blade, capable of cutting through obstacles and adversaries."

"Continuously practice and refine your technique. Mastery over sword qi requires dedication, persistence, and a deep understanding of your own cultivation path."

It was getting late when they finished the training. So Xiao Yun instructed the two to rest for a few minutes before going home to their respective houses. The next morning, the two children continued their training, and after three days, they achieved the initial stage of the cutting technique.

Nevertheless, they did not forget to train their nature affinity. And as days passed, their nature affinity started to change gradually.

The water element released by Li Lu turned into clear water over the course of the month. Similarly, Madara's wood element turned into a large bonsai compared to his initial release, his fire elements became vivid red as they blazed in his hand, and lastly, his lightning elements gradually increased with each release, gaining a yellow color.

After a month...

....

That morning, the two children were vigorously slashing the training dummy using their first-learned technique of using a wooden sword while attaching their sword qi. Soon, they managed to cut off one arm of the dummy, indicating that they had achieved the foundation stage of the cutting technique. Upon doing so, the lady watching them from behind spoke.

"Well done. Show me your nature affinity."

The two immediately followed the lady's instructions.

The young girl was the first to release her qi. Over the past month, she learned to control the release of her qi because the line surrounding her was thick before, but now only a thin blue qi came out.

Most of the time, she no longer needed to spread it throughout her body, but rather, she can release it anywhere (any part) on her body if she wants.  Due to her diligent training, she quickly released her qi into her palm, forming a circular, clear water.

Likewise, the young boy, overthe course of the month, could release a natural wooden pillar from his hand, produce thick, blazing fire on his palm, and lastly, multiple yellow lightnings emerged from his hand.

Seeing this progress in the two children's nature affinity, the lady smiled because it signaled the perfection stage of their nature affinity release.

"Madara, Li Lu, you both impress me with what you're showing."

"If not for you, sister, we wouldn't be able to achieve this."

"I agree with what Madara said, big sister."

They said this while sitting cross-legged, resting. In a moment of silence, Madara asked his sister.

"Sister, what will happen when we reach the perfection stage of each technique in the book (basic sword skills)?"

"You'll achieve the basic sword intent."

"And sister, besides sword technique, is there any other technique we can learn?"

"Yes, there is; it's using your nature affinity as a technique. But I don't have it for now, and I'll find a way to have it."

"Okay, it's getting pretty late now, so let's wrap things up and head home."

The two immediately followed her instructions, and after they went home, Madara and Xiao Yun had dinner. After a few minutes, he went straight to his room to rest. As he lay down, he remembered his sister, who didn't have a technique that matched their nature affinity. Because of that, techniques from the Narutoverse suddenly came to mind.

"Ah, I remember now; I had techniques from the Narutoverse."

He immediately thought about which technique would suit him. "Hmm... Which one would be the right fit for me?"

....

....

....

....

While he was pondering that night, in the northwest of Jiandan Village, two figures stood under a tree, observing the village from a distance.

"Are you sure this village isn't marked (visible) on the map?" he asked his companion.

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Let's go and report this."

As soon as he said that, they disappeared from where they were standing...

6