Chapter 23
138 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Due to Madara's method of thinking, he decided to meditate, so he sat on top of his bed while cross-legged to concentrate. While in his meditative position, he browsed through various techniques in his mind.

"There are so many techniques, but we need a basic yet useful one. Because if we choose a higher-grade technique, people will wonder where I got it."

"Nevertheless, we need to familiarize ourselves with our nature affinity, so starting with a basic technique is good."

With that thought in mind, Madara began selecting a technique that he believed would help him even though he was still in the early stages of qi condensation. After an hour of searching, he made his choice, so he slowly opened his eyes and left his seat to retrieve the notebook under his desk to write down the technique. After writing it down, he tore the page from the notebook and put it in his sack before going to sleep.

The next morning in the training area, a lady stood facing two children who were listening to what she was saying.

"I will now discuss the advantages and disadvantages of being a swordsman, or, in other words, their strengths and weaknesses."

Xiao Yun began explaining the importance of this to the two children. In the midst of the discussion, Madara remained silent, even though he already had an idea about it. After a few minutes, Xiao Yun finished her explanation.

"As we conclude, it's important for you to know where you have an advantage or disadvantage as a sword cultivator. If you have any questions, feel free to ask."

Upon hearing this, Li Lu raised her right hand.

"Li Lu, what's your question?"

"Big Sister Yun, do body cultivators use weapons?"

"Yes, there are body cultivators who use weapons alongside their physical abilities. They might be referred to as 'weapon-wielding body cultivators' or simply as martial artists. There are also what we call weapon cultivators, so no matter what kind of cultivator you encounter, expect them to have a weapon."

Weapon Cultivator: A type of cultivator who specializes in incorporating weapons into their cultivation practices. Unlike other cultivators who may primarily focus on martial arts, magical abilities, or elemental powers, weapon cultivators enhance their combat prowess by forging a deep connection with a specific weapon or a variety of weapons.

Out of nowhere, Madara asked if hand signs are needed when using a technique.

Xiao Yun answered, "Nope. Instead, cultivators use other gestures or movements. Some even say the name of their technique before releasing it. But what you're saying about needing hand signs just to cast a technique, that's the first time I've heard of it."

"Ah, I see, sister. I was just curious; that's why I asked."

After that...
 
"To enhance your survivability, I will teach you the basic footwork of a sword cultivator (swordsman); I will demonstrate, so stand up from your seats and follow what I'm going to do."

The two children immediately stood up upon hearing this.

"First is what we call the Forward Step." The swordsman advances by stepping forward with one foot while maintaining balance. This step is often accompanied by a fluid movement of the sword, readying it for attack or defense.

As Xiao Yun demonstrated this, the two children concentrated on following her. After that, they followed the backward step, the sidestep, and so on....

After Xiao Yun finished demonstrating, she watched the two children execute the moves. If she noticed any mistakes, she corrected them immediately. After several hours of practice and correct execution by the two children, she instructed them to perform.

Li Lu went first, walking to the center of the grassland and adjusting her body position. Then she performed the footwork. After that, Madara followed suit and did the same. After the two finished performing, Xiao Yun nodded in approval and approached them.

"Good job, and now you will play a game of tag."

"Play!" both children exclaimed.

"Yes, you will play tag." Xiao Yun explained the game to them.

"You will play using the footwork you've learned."

The two children were surprised to hear this.

"Li Lu, stand here." She pointed to her right. "And Madara, you stand here." She pointed to her left.

Xiao Yun picked up a stick and drew a vertical line on the grassland, resulting in a large rectangular shape.

"This will serve as your ring. Once one of you steps on or touches the perimeter, one point is awarded, and the tagged individual becomes 'it.' Only your hands may be used for tagging; the use of nature affinity is forbidden. Additionally, touching hair or clothing does not count."

The two children stood facing each other in opposite directions. Then Xiao Yun took out a copper coin from her storage ring. When she had it in hand, she asked the two.

"Who's heads?"

Madara raised his hand and said, "I am, sister."

Xiao Yun then turned to Li Lu. "You're the tail." Li Lu responded to Xiao Yun's instruction.

"Now cup your fists to each other." The two children followed suit. When Li Lu and Madara locked eyes, their serious expressions were noticeable.

A cup fist is a traditional gesture of respect or acknowledgment commonly used before a duel or tournament match begins. It's a symbolic way for participants to show courtesy and sportsmanship towards each other, acknowledging their opponents' skills and showing a willingness to engage in fair competition.

"Once the result comes out and I shout what comes out on the coin flip, it's a signal for the start of tag, clear?"

The two responded to her additional rules.

Seeing this, Xiao Yun began to flip the copper coin in the air using her thumb. When she caught it, Xiao Yun shouted the result. "Head!"

Madara wasted no time upon hearing the word "head." He ran swiftly towards where Li Lu was standing, leaving solid footprints with each large step. Upon reaching her, he tapped her shoulder and declared, "It."

Li Lu was taken aback by Madara's swift response. She felt annoyed with herself upon hearing "it." As Madara stood in front of her, she quickly reached out and grabbed his right shoulder. However, he swiftly sidestepped to the left and then backstepped to create distance from her.

Observing this, Xiao Yun smiled as she leaned against a tree, reminding the two that they could use their qi in their feet for added speed in running and evading, imagining their arms as swords. Upon hearing this, the two children released qi into their feet, increasing their agility.

As he continued to hop backward, he noticed Li Lu's serious expression. And while Madara evaded, Li Lu attempted to counter his movements by moving forward. Each time Li Lu attempted to grab him, he managed to dodge at the last moment.

Li Lu couldn't believe what she was seeing and smiled with delight, but she didn't give up. She tried different combos, such as right and left swings or upper swings, but Madara still managed to evade them. However, as Madara evaded, he didn't notice that he was nearing the edge of the ring, giving Li Lu an opportunity to continue her pursuit. When Li Lu was close, she spoke to him.

"You should give up now."

Upon hearing this, he glanced briefly over his shoulder, realizing he was almost out. Without responding to her, he continued to move forward. and with one step forward, he made a sudden leap over her. Because of his action, Xiao Yun raised an eyebrow in surprise, and Li Lu stood bewildered, watching Madara escape.

"You're unfair!" Li Lu exclaimed.

"Unfair? There's no rule against what I did." he chuckled as he ran.

"Just wait; I'll catch you," Li Lu said, slightly annoyed.

Xiao Yun chuckled at the banter between the two children. After a few hours, they finished their game as evening fell, and she called them over. As they approached, the remnants of the day of their training became noticeable—remains clinging to their clothes from their activities.

"The result of the game is 1-0, and the winner is Madara," Xiao Yun announced.

She applauded Madara's achievement, and Li Lu couldn't help but join in.

Seeing their reactions, Madara smiled. Afterward, Xiao Yun reminded them that they still had training the next day.

Afterward, Xiao Yun invited the two children to head home, knowing they must be hungry and tired. Once they arrived home and had dinner, Madara went straight to his room to rest, and due to exhaustion, he quickly fell asleep in his bed.

The next morning, in the training area...

As she stood facing the two children who were seated cross-legged, she held her chin and spoke, "Now, I think it's time for you to experience your first battle."

"Against whom?" the two children asked.

"Against the monster beasts, and don't worry, their cultivation level, as far as I know, is at the early stage of qi condensation. So, bring your belongings, and let's train there."

The two children immediately followed Xiao Yun's instructions.

5