Chapter 2
63 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Due to your lack of affiliation with any faction, you will be sent to the nearest village, city, tribe, or camp.

 

What the hell is happening? I could only see the monstrous three-horned bull before it charged, feeling my entire body pierced.

 

I felt as sweat covered my face, and my body trembled a bit due to the shock I experienced. I swear I can still feel some pain from the onslaught of that monster! Although it might be something psychological because I don't see any of my limbs.

 

I tried to calm myself down because I can't keep complaining, given the new panel that appeared in front of me.

 

None of the above options found near the current location. You will be transported to a random site without entities, and if there is no safe place, you will be transported to a location with hostile entities, but at a more manageable level

 

... I don't know if I should log out and complain to the company's technical support.

 

That was my last thought as I found myself in a forest.

 

I cleared my mind and stayed alert to avoid a repeat of what just happened. To be safer, I stayed close to some bushes, reducing the chances of being seen by an animal or monster from all directions, or so I think, not that I know about survival.

 

Once I approached some bushes and crouched down, I opened what I wanted to see the most right now.

<Status>

Name  Ren
Level 1
Race Hybrid of human, dryad, and spiritual wolfman
Age 15 years
Class None
Strength 3.6
Dexterity: 4.5
Wisdom 6.3
Agility 4.5 
Vitality 3.6
Intelligence 5.4
Physique 4.5 
Unallocated points 0
Core Not manifested
Racial skill Spectral wolf manifestation
Innate skill: Spiritual sense
!

 

Just seeing my stats causes a bit of pain at having lost 10%. But isn't the penalty for dying too much? If a high-level person dies, wouldn't they lose too much to the point of not wanting to play again?

 

But putting that aside, I seem to be some kind of hybrid. I saw a short video on YouTube mentioning that depending on the race, it can increase the growth of stats in certain parameters. However, I don't even understand what's going on with these stats. Intelligence and wisdom are practically the same, right? Wouldn't the same apply to physique, strength, and vitality? And where is the HP  and XP? How will I know if I'm about to die or how much damage enemies do to me?

 

I could only sigh at all the questions in my mind. After relaxing for a moment, I noticed the exclamation mark that kept blinking.

 

Selecting it, another panel appeared over the status.

Congratulations, you unlocked the title (The who died shortly after existing)
Effect Vitality +10, Physique +5, and Agility +5, also grants the skill innate(Death Presence <Minor>) that warns when the user is near death or imminent dangers of death.

 

Due to the user being below level 20 and not having unlocked the first title slot, the effects will be halved until reaching level 20. Keep in mind that acquiring more titles without an additional slot is not possible. Titles are permanent and cannot be changed. if you don't want the title, you can break it, losing all its benefits to embark on the mission of forging a great title.
Forging a great title You who do not settle for mundanity and sacrificing a significant achievement to forge your path through the feats you will accomplish in your adventures.

What's happening? Is dying a great achievement? Should I just log out and figure out what's going on?

 

I thought about the pros and cons if I select the title. The only interesting thing is the skill. The stats, for now, I don't know how they work, and if I die, it will only increase the stats I'll lose. I need to think more long-term, but is the skill worth it? It's interesting, but it's of no use right now because, even if I knew I was going to die at the hands of an enemy from the beginning, I wouldn't have a chance to face it. And it will only warn me of imminent death, which doesn't seem very useful, as being low level in a totally hostile environment, anything can kill me. It's not like the spider sense that warns me of any kind of danger.

 

Based on that criterion, I prefer to destroy it and see if I can get a better title. Also, I don't want anyone to know that I died shortly after starting to play. If I tell my friend, he's likely to die laughing and start making fun of me, and I want to avoid that at all costs. Plus, the title is permanent, and I don't know if I'll need different stats than what the title offers, and I don't want to spend time researching all this.

 

I chose the option to destroy the title.

 

Mission started Forging a great title

It was much simpler than I thought, but I didn't have time to think about what actions to take because I saw a bush move. I felt a great tension and wanted to run, but if I just run, whatever is in that place is likely faster than me and will attack me without hesitation.

 

Shouldn't I have some kind of weapon?

 

<Inventory>

I thought a panel with an inventory would appear, but nothing showed up.

 

Don't beginners get any weapons? How the hell is this game so popular and acclaimed as the best game in this genre by most people who play it?

 

I ignored that question and prepared to run. I don't even have a weapon to defend myself, let alone know how to fight. The only thing I can rely on will be the abilities that appeared in my status.

 

I prepared to use my abilities, but what came out of the bush was a gray rabbit, but it didn't seem different from a regular rabbit, except for the extremely large claws on its front paws. Before I could finish analyzing my enemy or prey, a scene that shocked me happened. The rabbit that was looking at me was about to start running in another direction, ignoring me, but out of nowhere, a wolf jumped out of the bush and bit its neck, tearing off its head. And when it killed the rabbit, it stared at me and, instead of attacking, simply grabbed the rabbit's body and went back where it came from.

 

When it moved away, I felt a sense of relief, but then a question came to my mind. Wasn't I supposed to be in the nearest safe location? If that's not the case, it means I'm in the area with the weakest enemies, and everything beyond this place has much stronger enemies, and worst of all, there's no population nearby. How far do I have to travel to even find a village? Will I at least find a caravan and a path to follow?

 

If I just keep asking questions, I won't get anywhere. I don't know any way to leave this place.

 

It's best to walk in one direction and maybe find a village, and if I walk far enough and get killed on the way, maybe I can respawn in a village.

 

But before making a decision, I need to know the effects of my abilities.

 

< Spectral wolf manifestation >

 

I looked around, and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Why isn't anything happening?!

 

As I held my head in frustration, I felt something I shouldn't feel. I began to touch my head several times to see if I wasn't hallucinating, and that strange sensation was still there.

 

 It was strange. I felt like I was touching the ears of Fray, the dog that was my pet.

 

I looked behind me and saw something that wasn't there before, it was a tail.

 

It was quite soft, but I hope this skill is not just aesthetic.

<Status>

Name  Ren
Level 1
Race Hybrid of human, dryad, and spiritual wolfman
Age 15 years
Class None
Strength 3.6 (5.4)
Dexterity: 4.5
Wisdom 6.3
Agility 4.5 (7.2)
Vitality 3.6 (5.4)
Intelligence 5.4
Physique 4.5 (6.7)
Unallocated points 0
Core Not manifested
Racial skill Spectral wolf manifestation

Grants the user an enhancement in Strength, Agility, Vitality, and Physique. Also significantly increases hearing ability
Innate skill: Spiritual sense

 

It's quite good. But the fact that the skill's effect only showed up now means I have to use it to know its effects.

<Spiritual Sense>

This time I checked my body to see if something happened, but in the end, everything remained the same. I didn't notice any changes, and when I checked my <Status> again, the skill still had no changes.

 

I could only sigh and started walking straight, or so I think. It's not like I'm the best person when it comes to orientation, but the good thing is that I didn't encounter anything particularly dangerous, besides from the small animals that have a "look at me, I'll kill you" appearance or when I witnessed a brutal murder among them. I even saw a bird flying peacefully until it crashed into a spider's web. The good thing is they don't react too much when they see me passing by, as long as I don't approach their small territories or try to provoke them. Although I should try to hunt some of them to level up.

4