Chapter 3
59 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I don't know how long I've been walking, maybe around half an hour to an hour. I'm not very sure, and the landscape around me hasn't changed much to the point of making me believe I'm walking in circles, but I'm marking the path with an X made of a stone I found on the way. Before, I tried to do it on the bark of the trees, but it didn't leave any scratch, no matter how much force I used.

 

Suddenly, I heard a small sound coming towards me, and I instantly crouched. I managed to dodge what was coming my way, and when I looked to see what attacked me, it turned out to be a rather large crow, measuring up to my knees. It stared at me for a few seconds before flying in my direction, but instead of crouching, I leaned to the side and caught it.

 

But when I caught it, the crow started flapping like crazy and cut me with the claws of its feet. I had to endure the pain and broke its neck.

 

When it stopped moving, I felt relieved and lay down on the ground. I didn't rest for too long and got up again, looked at the crow's corpse, but it didn't disappear or drop any items. I checked my hands, and they were shaking. I checked my <Status>, but it hadn't changed; I was still level 1.

 

My arms hurt, and I could only see how they slowly filled with blood due to the large cuts the crow made. I looked at the corpse with some anger and kicked it. That didn't calm my anger, but I had to compose myself. After half a minute, I grabbed one of the crow's legs and pressed its body with my foot, trying to tear off the leg. It took some time because it was difficult, but when I succeeded, I felt a little better, although I continued with its other leg.

 

When I finished, I touched the claws of the crow's legs and could feel how sharp they were. I don't know if they will be very useful. Should I take the body too? It was a passing thought I had until I noticed something. The environment around me had changed. The animals or monsters that had completely ignored me before were of different species, and some that I hadn't seen before appeared. There were some wolves that were similar to the ones I had seen before, but, besides them, I could see the silhouettes of some beasts that blended with the surroundings. I saw what seemed to be a completely black tiger, with huge claws and fangs protruding from its mouth. They all kept staring at me, or at least the ones I could see because I could faintly hear that there were some of them that I couldn't see and were perfectly camouflaged by the surroundings.

 

Feeling that the gazes on me were increasing, gathering all the courage I had, I grabbed the crow's corpse and said, "Why don't we settle this peacefully? You keep this bird, and I'll leave." I tried to remain as calm as I could, but I could feel that they were about to come and attack me before throwing it away from me. While the crow's corpse was still in the air, I turned around and ran away with all my strength.

 

It didn't take me long to realize the chaos that began to unfold. I looked a second behind me and saw how the wolves and the tiger ignored the corpse and started chasing me, while other small animals, similar to rats, went to devour it, only to be attacked and devoured by larger animals.

 

What the hell is happening? Why are they only chasing me? Aren't there many animals to hunt besides me?

 

I ran with all my strength, and for some reason, they couldn't catch up with me. Every time I ran, I felt faster than before. But there came a point where every step I took increased my fatigue, and when I slowed down, the wolves chasing me also did. I turned my head for a moment and could only see that the wolves were chasing me.

 

I don't think I can endure anymore, that's what I thought until a tree appeared in my way, and I couldn't go around it because they might catch up, so I decided to run even faster before jumping. I could grab a branch before using it to propel myself a little and grabbed parts of the trunk that protruded to climb higher. When I reached one of the thick branches, I sat on it and could see that the wolves stayed below and didn't try to climb.

 

"Howl! Howl! Howl!" I could hear their howls, but they only reassured my mind knowing that now they couldn't reach me.

 

When I could finally relax, I began to feel great pain running through my entire body, and a panel appeared that sent chills down my spine just by looking at it.

 

Your body is suffering from exhaustion due to using the <spectral wolf manifestation> skill for too long, greatly increasing stamina consumption. The poison coursing through your body, along with blood loss and accumulated fatigue, will cause you to enter a state of extreme weakness and pain. It is advised to decrease the pain rate.

 

I couldn't continue reading because I heard a faint growl that was camouflaged with the wolves' howls. I tried to move my body, but I couldn't control it, and the amount of pain I felt didn't allow me to think properly until I saw a silhouette that I hadn't noticed until now on the tree near where I am. I could only see a black spot until it turned into a large tiger that was only a few meters away from me in less than a second, and I could feel it sinking its fangs into my neck.

 

You died.

-12% current statistics permanently

Because the user is not mentally stable, they will be expelled from the game until they calm down.

 

 

I could only see everything turn black until suddenly I was in my room, and I saw the glass lid opening.

 

My breathing was rough, and I could feel that my body was covered in sweat. What just happened was horrible; I had never run so much in my life to the point where I couldn't stand.

 

I tried to calm down and looked around until I saw myself in a mirror, but for some reason, there was a strange and stupid smile on my face.

 

Did I have fun? Why am I smiling?

 

That's what I wondered, but until now, I had never enjoyed playing a video game so much. I'm supposed to like quiet games. But why can't I stop thinking about how fun it was to go through all this? Maybe I should quit before I become too addicted to this feeling. I could only stare at the ceiling for a few minutes until I heard someone knock on the door.

 

"Knock! Knock!"

 

I was alerted for a second until I heard my mother speak through the door.

 

"Ren, come to breakfast, don't spend too much time playing without eating, it's bad for your health."

 

I opened the door and told her:

 

"I'm coming, Mom, wait for me to finish getting ready."

 

She just showed me a smile when she saw me and said, "Well, don't take too long so that the milk coffee doesn't get cold, and make sure to wash up well, you're very sweaty." When she finished speaking, she began to walk away, and I closed the door before throwing myself on my bed and reconsidering everything that just happened in the game.

3