Chapter 10
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vincent and James hopped off the carriage. As Vincent tried to keep his balance, James asked him. "Vincent, do you know why we're here?"

 

Vincent: "Because you have work to do here."

 

James: "That is half the answer, that is why I'm here, but do you know why you are here?"

 

Vincent: "Because you told me to come."

 

James: "And why did I do that?"

 

Vincent: "Either to let me look at you at work and learn from you or in order to train my resistance."

 

James: "While they would both be perks, they aren't the reason this time. Let me ask you this: What is Palatury Town known for?"

 

Vincent: "It's copper mines."

 

James: "and."

 

Vincent: "Palatury Towns is known for some of the rare yet somehow surprisingly weak monsters that are found in its surroundings, such as Grubble Worms, if I remember correctly."

 

James: "That's right, my boy! Monsters! I know you can't use magic yet, and I would be very surprised if you already could. However, we both know you can use the sword. I trained you with the sword even before Alex started to train you, and after all this time, I think you're ready."

 

Vincent: "Dad, you couldn't mean?"

 

Jemes turned around and took a sword out of one of the crates in the carriage. In his hand was a Bastard sword, known by many as a sword that could both be used with two hands or one handidly. Its silvery metallic surface reflected the blue sky above it.

 

James: "This sword is for yo-"

 

Vincent: "YEEAAAASSSSSSS!!!!!"

 

James: "This is for you..."

 

Vincet: "YEAS YEAS YEEEEEESSSSS!!!"

 

James rolled his eyes as his son leaped towards him, giving him a tight hug. A hug with so much force, James almost fell backwards. Only after Vincent calmed down enough did James continue to speak. "This sword is made of titanium as well as a few other metals. The outer parts of the grip are made of rough leather to help you hold the sword. Now, as is customary for one's first sword, it is time for you to name it."

 

James passed the sword to Vincent, who grabbed the sword with both arms. Vincent lifted the sword and excitedly said: "Titerron!"

 

James: "What?"

 

Vincent: "Titerron I shall name it Titerron! After all, it's made largely out of titanium, hence the name. It is absolutely brilliant. I shall from now onwards carry Titerron with me!"

 

James was not the biggest fan of the name, but he didn't want to ruin Vincent's mood. "When we return to the capital, I'll send the sword to a blacksmith to engrave the name "

 

Vincent: "Thank you so much dad!"

 

James: "Your welcome. Now that you have a sword and we are here, I have an assignment for you."

 

Vincent: "What do you need me to do?"

 

James: "I want you to train fighting against monsters and beasts using a sword. One guard, in this case Norbert, will escort you to assure me of your safety, but he will not fight alongside you unless it is absolutely necessary to ensure your survival. I want you to rely on yourself, your skills, and your sword in order to emerge victorious."

 

Vincent: "Understood! I shall not let you down."

0