Chapter 1
141 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two men walk towards a carriage, the two have a striking resemblance to one another. This is because they are father and son. The kid only just ten years old has short yet spiky jet-black hair and his eyes were torques. The father pats his son on the head and the two climb up on to the carriage.

The son: "Dad if you are a noble how come you have no land?"

The father: "Well Vincent you see i am a the chief bureaucrat under his majesty. Since i often manage his majesty lands and affairs in his name it would be unfitting for me to also manage some land of my own or how will i be able to dutifully focus on what his majesty requires?"

Vincent (the son): "But dad how come uncle Sebastian rules the Sevenic Fiefdom! When i visited them Charlie said he would inherit it from Sebastian one day, i want to inherit a fief one day."

The father: " You would have to make a immense achievement acknowledged by his majesty or make multiple great achievements for that. Although personally speaking I don't think its worth all the effort trust me when i say this Vincent that after managing so much land you just get sick of it. If your truly persistent though and you fail to make sufficient meritorious acts you could marry into another family and lose the right to pass on your name to your offspring. I really hope you nether do such a thing."

The father looked deeply into his sones eyes. As his sone looked back into his eyes.

Vincent: "So i must make merits even greater that you have?"

The father: "Not really, if i truly wanted to i could've been given some land of my own, but i would have to say goodbye to my current job by vis majesty's side."

Vincent: "is there anything good at being by his side?"

The father: "the foods the best in the castle and as you know being close to the most powerful man in the kingdom comes with a lot of perks... To be honest i also don't really want to rule some land its just not for me, although my brother would probably give you the opacite response about ruling a fief."

Vincent: "Sebastian dose said he really enjoys being a baron."

The father: "Ah yes of Corse he dose, hes always been a big on controlling stuff."

Vincent: "is that why his wife is so obedient?"

The father: "VINCENT I DONT WANT TO HEAR YOU TALKING LIKE THAT ABOUT UNCLE SEBASTIAN OR AUNT SALLY EVER AGAIN AM I UNDERSTOOD!"

Vincent noticed he crossed a red line at that very moment and immediately lowered his head as he responded: "yes dad"

The father: "Where in the world did you learn to speak like that?"

Vincent: "From Charlie."

The father sighed as the carriage arrived at its destination. A butler came to the father and son.

Butter: "Sir James his majesty is waiting for you in the throne room."

James (The father): "Good than i shall go and speak to him. Vincent follow me today you shall see your father at work, don't worry ill be Infront of papers longer than any person so you'll have plenty of time with just me."

3