Chapter 2
69 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vincent was getting bored. His father was sitting on a fine wooden chair in front of a table with a stack of documents so high that it almost touched the roof. James had to use a ladder to bring down a document every time he finished with the last. At first, he was still talking to Vincent, but over time, he concentrated more and more on his work, leaving Vincent extremely bored. Earlier, Vincent and James met with the king, but Vincent had already met the king a multitude of times, so when his dad talked to the king, Vincent found himself uninterested and unimpressed, and now that he and his father were just sitting in silence in a room, he was already bored of doodling. James was too focused on work to give his son much of a conversation. While Vincent was slowly fading into the realm of sleep, he suddenly heard a knock on the door. He got up and opened the door. There In front of him stood a cute girl about his age with long and curly brown hair and sparkling eyes. He'd seen her a few times in the past, but he'd never talked to her before. He remembered her name was Victoria, and she was the 5th or 6th princess, to as far as he remembered.

She curiously looked around the room and then bashfully began to blush before asking Vincent in a shy voice.

"C-c-could yo- ehh would you come and play?"

Vincent, who thought anything would be better than staying in this boring old room, happily agreed. James just lifted his eyes for a few seconds and waved his hand, permitting Vincent to leave alongside the princess before going back to his work. Victoria held Vincent's hand as she slowly tugged him into a wide room. The room was painted to look like it had a blue sky and that they were surrounded by tall green grass. In the middle of the room, there was a round table surrounded by chairs, with a big plushy toy sitting on each of the chairs. Except for one. Victoria lifted a plushy toy rabbit and told it.

"Sorry mister Wabbit but I have a guest today, and drinking too much tea is unhealthy for a rabbit."

She then gently lifted the rabbit and placed it on a bed inside the room. She then sat on one of the two unoccupied chairs and signed for Vincent to sit on the chair that was previously occupied by the toy rabbit. As Vincent approached, Victoria poured some liquid into two tea cups. She soon took a sip from one and handed the other to Vincent. When he took a sip, he discovered I was tea.

Vincent: "I think the tea is cold."

Victoria: "I think it's just right."

Vincent: "So anyways, what are we doing? Where are the swords?"

Victoria: "What swords?"

Vincent: "What do you mean by what swords? If you don't have a wooden sword, how are you supposed to play? Or will we do a board game? This room is too small for tag, and there aren't enough hiding spots for hide and seek."

Victoria: "You need swords to play? I thought you only needed dolls."

Vincent: "Won't dolls break if you smash them against each other? Swords are far better; they don't break as easily! Because they don't break as easily, they don't restrict the ways you can play with them. Me and my cousin Charlie decided we wanted to dig a mud castle one day, so we used our wooden swords as shovels, even though they're not originally made for it. Can you do that with a doll?

Victoria: "What's a mud castle?"

She asked in interest.

Vincent: "It's like a sandcastle but made of mud!"

Victoria's face contorted in disgust as she said:

"EEW YUCKY!!! Mud is so yucky; why would you do that‽ Who would want to live in a castle made of mud‽"

Vincent: "You know nothing of the greatness and fun of mud! Have you ever played in mud!"

Victoria: "no. I've never ever played in mud... I rarely play outside and definitely not in mud."

Vincent: "Ah, you see Princess, that's the problem! You're always inside, so you don't understand the outside."

Victoria: "Don't call me Princess! Call me by my name if you don't remember it. Just ask."

She pouted in a way that made her look even cuter in Vincent's eyes.

Vincent: "Alright, prin- haha I mean, alright You'r- ok ok stop glaring at me. Alright, Victoria. Happy now?"

Victoria: "Yes... Also, I was wondering... How does a sand castle not collapse on its maker?

Vincent looked at Victoria as if he saw an alien. However, he continued talking to her for a few hours, at first struggling to explain to Victoria that sand castles were not real castles and just something people made at the beach. Later on, he talked about all kinds of things he enjoyed. Victoria was a good listener, as she occasionally asked questions as Vincent would continue to endlessly prattle on whichever subject he felt like prattling on until James came into the room and dragged Vincent out for supper. That was Vincent's first meeting with Victoria.

2