Chapter 5
25 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex: "Good work boy but you'll need to swing harder if you want to actually defeat a real opponent in battle!"

Vincent continued to repeatedly slash at the air in practice. He's been training under Alex for three weeks by now. James plan worked, James knew the training would cause some friction between the princess and Vincent, but he knew it wouldn't tear them apart. The plan was to reduce the two's time together and to make Vincent tiered to cause major mischief alongside the princess. While doing so, he would also give his son what he desired, a road to greatness, and for his part, Vincent was practicing earnestly. While James wanted to impart to his son, his skills in management and bureaucracy, his son just didn't seem to have even the slightest interest in learning his father's trade (Even though it was necessary if he ever wanted to rule a fief.) James hoped it was due to his son's age rather than his son's personality, as if it were permanent, Vincent may very well be the biggest obstacle to himself.

Vincent laid on the floor panting and Tired with bruises on his arms. He dueled with Alex and the results were obvious. The Princess cheered Vincent every duel even though everyone in the room knew he would lose. James saw his son slowly and steadily improve his sword skills, Vincent even trained alone when he was at home, with time his slashes became more accurate they hit harder they sliced better and his handling was visibly improving however these three weeks were far from enough to defeat one of the kingdoms best non-magical swordsmen. Not that Vincent knew the identity of his tutor. All he knew was that his tutor was powerful. The now battered Vincent left the room with a wide grin on his face with the princess happily following after him James let a sigh.

James: "You know the 5th princess used to be the most well behaved of his majesty's children."

Alex: "Isn't that why you pulled in so many favours to give a few hours to train tour son twice a week? To keep him from making her behave as mischievously as your son."

James: "yes...How are your disciples?"

Alex: "Fine all in all, they're all diamonds just they haven't been cut yet, their value is real and I intend to make the world acknowledge their potential."

James: "hows your latest addition?"

Alex: "Wolf is a bit rougher than most my diamonds but once I finish with him he will be my most sparkly gem. He will be the disciple to prove my efforts in training the next generation were worth it. As I said all those years ago, I'll be more effective creating us more great warriors than the amount of hostile the great warriors i can kill'."

James: "I hope for your success."

Alex: "So do I old friend so do I."

Meanwhile in the princesses room the two were playing dress up. But not with dolls or themselves. They were dressing up the princesses wooden sword collection. The princess and Vincent practiced stitching just in order to improve the designs of the scabbards. For example Vincent took black Scabbard and stitched on some orange and read flames starting at the bottom and spreading up. The princess painted a scabbard pink and stitched on a cat face. It was a white cat with blue eyes. The princess was far more skilled at stitching than Vincent as she practiced It for years but Vincent was a fast learner and under the princess tutelage he became modestly good at it. His next swords Scabbard had blue & Cyan waves of water with white bubbles foaming at the top, all stitched on another black Scabbard. The princess was quite happy with his progress and happily cheered him on.

2