Chapter 6
24 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Who's that guy?" a rude voice said as Vincent entered the training room in the Royal Castle.

To which Alex replied to the owner of the rude voice.

 

"He is why I'm here today; this is Vincent, and he's training under me."

 

Rude person: "So this loser is your disciple?"

 

Alex punched the rude person in the chest and replied.

 

Alex: "No, he's just training under me, now remember not to insult my students again."

 

Rude person:" But look at his stance, he's clearly no warrior and definitely not one who's mastered the sword."

 

*Punch*

 

Rude person: "Ow! what the-! Why are you protecting this wimp!?"

 

*Punch*

 

Rude person: "What!"

 

Vincent: "Uh, Alex, who's that guy?"

 

Alex: "He's a disciple of mine; I have trained him for a while by now. Unfortunately, while his skills improve, his personality does not."

 

The rude person glared at Vincent with a face full of hatred.

 

Alex: "He does not like people he distains most, and he seems to especially not like you.

 

Rude person: "Grrr"

 

Vincent: "Yes, I see"

 

Alex: "Alright, you two, my time is precious, which is why you're both here, as I don't have enough time to train you both separately this week and I have many things to do, thus I shall tutor you both today and only today this week."

 

Vincent didn't waste any time and just nodded his head in acceptance. He wanted to get to practice as soon as possible, and at worst, he could practice by himself or use the spare time to have fun with the princess. The rude person nodded too, it seemed he too wanted to make the most of the time his mentor was willing to grant him this week. The two soon practiced swings, control, power, handling, and even blocking. During a break, the two took some time to catch their breath. Yet soon enough, the rude discipile venomously asked Vincent:

 

"Hey wimp, if you're so weak, how come you got a respected master such as Alex training your pathetic self?"

 

Vincent: "What would a coward that hides behind stinging words know about my skills with the sword?"

 

Rude person: "Wimp, you wanna go one on one with me, cause I'll show you how week you are!"

 

Vincent: "Even if I were to lose, I at least won't be a coward like you! And if i win then haha not only would you be a coward but also a hypocritical liar and a wimp that calls those stronger than him wimps just because they don't spare him the time to show him true strength!"

 

Rude person: "Oh it's on Wimp!"

 

Alex entered the room as break time was over. The first thing he saw were the two with swords raised, prepared to fight.

 

Alex: "What's going on!"

 

Rude person: "Wimp here called me a coward and challenged me to a fight!"

 

Vincent: "At least I have pride, you coward! I'll beat you bad right here right now!"

 

Alex: "If you two want a duel, I'll allow it, but Vincent, I don't recommend you do this. This won't end well for you."

 

Vincent: "At least I'm no coward!"

 

Alex: "So be it. But remember, you have been warned. The rules for the duel are the following: no aiming or hitting the head, the privates, or the neck. The only weapons allowed are wooden swords. Other than that, all standard rules apply, and remember, I can order you to stop the fight at any time, and I expect you to stop instantly. Also,  a reminder that even though it's in the standard rules, I should mention it so you both know for certain that no perminant damage or killing is allowed."

 

While saying those words, it was clear that the majority was aimed at the rude person and not at Vincent. Vincent was a bit sad that his tutor had so little faith in his victory and that Victoria or his father weren't here to cheer him on today.

 

Alex: "Ok, be ready and start when I say Begin. 5.. 4... 3.. 2... 1... Begin!!!"

 

Both Vincent and his opponent swung their swords at one another. However, after the first parry, it was clear to Vincent that his opponent was physically stronger than him. The two swords clashed again and again, and Vincent was slowly getting pushed back. Vincent tried to faint an attack but was forced to jump back due to his opponent's counterattack. Vincent knew that he had to beat his opponent using skill or trickery, since his opponent was stronger than him. Vincent tried to charge at his opponent, using all his energy to gain momentum that he could use to increase the force of his next attack, but his efforts were thwarted by getting a kick in the stomach. Vincent rolled back a few metres and almost puked on the spot. He used every bit of his willpower to get up and hold in his vomit. During this time, though, his opponent closed the distance and slashed at him with the sword. Vincent tried his best to raise his sword, as he just barely managed to block that attack, but his opponent's next attack landed on his shoulder. While in a real fight with real swords, it might have not nessesaraly have been a lethal strike. it also might've actually been lethal and would've been his defeat, however, luckily or maybe unluckily for Vincent Alex did not order a stop to the fighting. Vincent tried to go on the offensive, but his opponent seemingly effortlessly blocked each and every attack. Vincent tried changing his method of attack, but all that was achieved was that his opponent now started to occasionally dodge some of the attacks instead of parrying them all. It was slowly becoming clear to Vincent that his opponent was not only stronger than him but also a lot more skilled. His opponent kicked him in the chest, causing him to fall back, and then he slashed Vincent from the side, landing a hit. Than he slashed at Vincent's feat and chest until Alex at least shouted.

"Cease Combat!"

 

Rude person: "Aw man, I was about to smash that wimp into the ground. lucky you! Remember my name Wimp, as I am Wolf!"

 

After that, the training session was over. Alex had to leave, and Wolf had no reason to stay thus, they both soon left, leaving Vincent alone in the room.

 

Vincent: "Dam that wolf, I'll just have to train harder and for longer than him! Then I'll show him who's the unworthy wimp!"

 

Unfortunately, Vincent couldn't continue his words as he began to vomit uncontrollably for a few minutes. His willpower was impressive, but the kick to the stomach hit him hard. After cleaning up after the mess, he walked to his father's office. He opened the door, seeing his father next to an unreasonably high stack of paperwork. The moment James lifted his eyes, he was shocked to see the state his son was in. He immediately leaped out of the chair and ran up to Vincent, He then gave his son a hug. Vincent burst into tears as he told his dad everything that happened. Only after Vincent finished telling his dad what happened did James speak.

 

"Listen, Vincent, I have talent with the sword. The only reason I'm only good at and not great is that it was never necessary for me. I don't enjoy swordsmanship or fighting, but you are lucky you inherited it. Your father's skill, my skill, and you have been training under Alex for a few weeks, which is impressive, but Wolf has been under Alex for close to a year, and his father too was highly skilled with the sword, so both you and he have inherited a good basis, but he received a headstart. He is also one year older than yourself, so don't be saddened by your defeat. I will help you with what I can to make you surpass him, but I want you to promise me something."

 

Vincent: "To promise what?"

 

James: "I want you to know that I'm proud of the effort you're putting into your work, even though I don't agree with your desire to rule a fief or to earn this right by doing meritorious deeds on the battlefield. I know you don't fully know what you're getting yourself into, but I want you to promise me that you won't ever stop working to improve yourself and that you won't stop making me proud."

 

Vincent: "I agree."

 

James: "I do want you to agree, I want you to promise."

 

Vincent: "Than I shall, Dad i promise you that I will make you proud of me and proud to be my father. I promise to work hard to achieve my goals in life, that I will strive to improve constantly, and that I will add in that i shall also do so to make mum proud, as that is what I promise.

 

James: "Very well, I know you're earnest and hardworking, but as your father, I know your best trait is that you're a fast learner. I'll see to what I can do but I'll make sure that if you were to get into a real fight with that wolf again, then you will have the necessary power to defeat him! So worry not. For as long as you keep to your promise, I don't see you failing."

2