3: Visiting the Black Market
184 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After leaving the bank with a large sum of loaned money, Rio hurriedly searched for a place to start his shipbuilding project. After several searches, he found a spacious plot of land near the harbor. Although the owner was initially reluctant to rent and intended to sell, Rio persuasively convinced the owner with the promise of profits from acquaintances who would buy the place.

After the agreement was reached, Rio rented the place for almost a year. Although he found a suitable location, Rio didn't stop there. Opening his laptop, he searched for access to the Dark Web to buy various illegal items needed for his shipbuilding project, such as bulletproof glass and special materials. In his efforts to survive in a bleak future, Rio took an unusual path to ensure his ship was ready to face the upcoming Entertainment Apocalypse.

Rio successfully completed various purchasing transactions for his shipbuilding project. After that, he continued his journey to Central Jakarta, where the wealthy and influential often resided. However, Rio's goal was not to meet the elite of the city; he headed to the Black Market.

In the hidden black market behind the luxury of Jakarta, Rio sought a number of weapons that would enhance his ship's defense. Rio had access to someone very influential in the criminal world, a notorious and powerful gangster boss in Indonesia. This woman had wealth and political power that involved her in the criminal world without ever being caught by law enforcement agencies.

The Gangster Boss was not a stranger to Rio; she was a woman who was one of the crew members of Rio's Adventure Ship in the future. Their relationship in a previous life gave Rio an advantage, namely information to get what he needed from this black market. With his head held high and a well-thought-out plan, Rio prepared to deal with his acquaintance, the Gangster Boss, to strengthen his ship, which would become a fortress in the midst of the upcoming Entertainment Apocalypse.

Rio entered a tall building in Central Jakarta, hidden behind an exterior facade that looked like an ordinary private office. Although it appeared to be a well-established corporate building, it was actually the Black Market where various illegal goods were traded. After parking his car in the parking lot, Rio stepped into the building, realizing that sharp and vigilant gazes followed his every move.

As someone who had lived for hundreds of years, Rio could sense the unspoken attention around him. Although everyone seemed busy with their own affairs, each person there was watching him, investigating how Rio could reach the Black Market.

With steady steps, Rio approached the receptionist, uttering strange words that were a code to enter this dark world.

"I want to buy Garlic with peeled white onions." These strange words put everyone on alert, with a high level of caution.

"The garlic is sold out, and only peeled white onions remain," the receptionist calmly replied. 

Rio responded firmly, "I'll buy them all!" Responding well to the code given by Rio, the receptionist showed respect by bowing and inviting Rio into the elevator.

Inside the elevator, the receptionist pressed something that triggered a strange mechanism. 

9