Chapter 41:Flyers
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Liu Yunshan!" Tian Hua said each word while looking out of the window.

"Tian Hua, how do you know he will definitely come to find you?" Ali asked.

"After such a big incident in 'Shancheng Town,' they won't be unaware. Once he knows, he'll rush to the tavern immediately. When he sees the signboard, he will surely come here to check." Tian Hua explained.

"Tian Hua, are you sure he will come?" Ali said.

"Yes, he will definitely come!" Tian Hua looked out of the window.

Outside, the wind seemed to have intensified, making the leaves produce an eerie sound.

Inside the house, Mu Xiong was sitting there, watching Kong Xu and Zou Ming leave empty-handed. When the two returned in a sorry state, Tian Hua had already opened the scroll, and then he explained in detail about his father's image appearing and repelling them.

Mu Xiong and Chang Qing sat there silently after hearing the story. After a while, Mu Xiong said, "Alright, there's nothing for you here. You can leave now!"

Hearing this, Kong Xu and Kong Ming glanced at each other and hastily said, "Yes!" After that, the two left the house.

Mu Xiong, seeing them leave, turned to Chang Qing and said, "Mr. Chang, it seems things are getting more complicated!"

"Yes! I never expected Tian Hua to carry the 'Soul Sealing Scroll' of Tian Long. Since that scroll is crucial to finding the village, our hope of locating Tian Long's hiding place is now bleak!" Chang Qing said.

"Leaving the scroll aside, now that Tian Hua has used it, what should we do next?" Mu Xiong asked.

"There's nothing to worry about for now. As far as I know, only two people can use the 'Soul Sealing' technique—Lord Yu and Tian Long. And every time the technique is used, the time and power of the image are limited." Chang Qing explained.

"In that case, what should we do now? Even if we know where Tian Long and the others are hiding, without the scroll, it will all be in vain!" Mu Xiong said.

"That's not necessarily true. Now think about it, Tian Long and the others must be within a barrier!" Chang Qing said.

"Mr. Chang, what makes you say that?" Mu Xiong asked.

"If Tian Long and the others were just finding a secluded place to live, why would they need to use the 'Soul Sealing' technique? This indicates that when Tian Hua returns, he needs to use a powerful force. And by needing such power, we can conclude that the place is not ordinary. From Lord Yu's fifty years of searching without finding their hiding place, they must have set up a barrier in a certain location." Chang Qing explained.

"In that case, what should we do next?" Mu Xiong asked.

"All we can do now is wait. Once our bodies recover, we'll find a way to learn the location of that barrier from Tian Hua." Chang Qing said.

"Even if we find that place, we can't open it without the scroll!" Mu Xiong said.

"When we find that place, the rest is not our concern. At that time, only Lord Yu himself can solve it!" Chang Qing said.

Mu Xiong thought for a moment, nodded, and said, "It seems that's the only way!"

Chang Qing sat there thinking for a while, stood up, and whispered a few words to Mu Xiong's ear. After hearing it, Mu Xiong nodded and said, "Mr. Chang is right. It seems we need to prepare carefully!"

"Yes, we need to prepare thoroughly!" Chang Qing nodded.

The two continued to talk about unrelated matters, and then Chang Qing took his leave.

In the early morning, when the sun illuminated the entire land, Tian Hua and Ali carried the old man's body to the top of the hill. They chose a good spot and buried the old man there.

Tian Hua and Ali knelt in front of the old man's grave, their faces already tear-stained, full of grief.

"Grandpa, rest assured! I will give you a satisfactory explanation!" Tian Hua said in pain.

"Grandpa, if you are aware beneath the spring, please bless Tian Hua to avenge you safely!" Ali cried beside him.

Tian Hua looked at Ali and said, "Thank you, Ali!"

The two knelt in front of the old man's grave for a while. Ali said, "Let's go, Tian Hua, let's go back first! Little Bell may have already woken up. If she doesn't see us, and she starts causing trouble, Mr. Cheng below might not be able to handle it!"

Tian Hua nodded and said, "Okay!"

After that, Tian Hua and Ali bowed a few times in front of the grave, then stood up and went down the mountain.

In the courtyard, Little Bell had already gotten up, clamoring to find Tian Hua. Cheng Kong was consoling her, saying, "Little Bell, be good, your brother Tian Hua went out to do something in the morning and will be back soon!"

"Really?" Little Bell asked half-believing.

"Really!" Cheng Kong nodded, affirming.

Little Bell stared at Cheng Kong for a while, then smiled. Cheng Kong, seeing this, sighed in relief. Then, he took Little Bell to play in the courtyard!

Tian Hua and Ali pushed open the courtyard door and came in. When Little Bell saw Tian Hua come in, she rushed over, saying, "Brother Tian Hua, where did you go?"

"Brother went out to do something!" Tian Hua said.

"Tian Hua, you guys stay here. I'll go prepare some food." Ali said on the side.

After Ali finished speaking, he walked away. Tian Hua played with Little Bell in the courtyard for a while, while Cheng Kong sat in the courtyard, and the pain from yesterday's wound still lingered. It seemed he needed some time to recover.

Soon, Ali prepared the food and called them over to eat. The four of them sat at the table and started eating. Little Bell looked at them and curiously asked, "Grandpa, why aren't you having dinner?"

The three of them were stunned by Little Bell's words, looked at each other, and Tian Hua forced a smile, saying, "Little Bell, Grandpa went to eat in a very faraway place."

"When did Grandpa leave? Why didn't I know?" Little Bell asked.

"Grandpa left last night. You were sleeping at that time, so Grandpa didn't want to wake you up!" Tian Hua explained.

"Oh, then when will Grandpa come back?" Little Bell asked.

Tian Hua looked at Little Bell, his eyes a bit moist. Afraid that Little Bell would see, he turned his face, looking at the distant mountains, and slowly said, "Grandpa went to a very faraway place. It may take a very long time to come back!"

"Oh!" Little Bell nodded.

At this time, it was already late autumn. The wind on the mountains outside was chilly, and many

leaves on the trees were sparse, swaying sparsely with the wind.

In Xingshui City, Lu Yunshan and Ling Yan were sitting in the courtyard, chatting. Ling Yan looked at Lu Yunshan and said, "Yunshan, I can see that you've been preoccupied these days. Has something happened?"

Lu Yunshan looked at Ling Yan, thought for a moment, and said, "A few days ago, I received news: Mu Xiong killed Boss Han, captured Little Bell, and threatened Tian Hua to reveal the hiding place of their ancestors. They agreed to meet outside the east gate. However, Tian Hua fought Mu Xiong and Chang Qing, resulting in both sides being injured. In the end, Kong Ming and Cheng Kong betrayed, saving Tian Hua and Little Bell before disappearing."

Ling Yan asked, "Where do you think they went?"

"If I'm not mistaken, they should be with Ali." Lu Yunshan replied.

"Are you sure they are there?" Ling Yan inquired.

"Considering the circumstances, I can't think of any other place Tian Hua and the others would go. With Boss Han gone, Tian Hua won't return to the tavern. From the current situation, Ali's place seems to be the safest option." Lu Yunshan explained.

"In that case, what do you plan to do now? You should go to Ali's and see if they need help. It's the right time for us to repay Tian Hua's favor." Ling Yan suggested.

"Don't worry! I won't forget Tian Hua's kindness." Lu Yunshan assured.

After saying this, Lu Yunshan looked into the distance, lost in thought.

The next day, early in the morning, Lu Yunshan set out for Shancheng Town. Upon arrival, he gathered some members of their organization who were collecting information in the town. After learning about the current situation in Shancheng Town, Lu Yunshan was informed that the "Shancheng Tavern" had been sealed, and Mu Xiong's group was in recovery with no immediate actions.

Late into the night, Lu Yunshan, alone, approached the tavern. Finding no one around, he leaped over the wall and entered. In the dim light of the waning moon, the backyard was silent and in disarray.

After observing for a while, Lu Yunshan entered the front room. Although the tables and chairs were neatly arranged, they were covered in dust. Lu Yunshan lightly touched the table and then looked elsewhere.

The moving light of his torch suddenly stopped. Lu Yunshan saw two memorial tablets faintly placed in the center of the room. Approaching, he recognized the names on them. A wave of sorrow washed over him. Lu Yunshan bowed a few times after looking at them.

After paying his respects, Lu Yunshan left the front room, extinguished the torch, and then left by scaling the wall.

The next day, at dawn, Lu Yunshan headed towards the north gate of Shancheng Town.

Before long, Lu Yunshan arrived outside Ali's residence. He glanced around while on horseback, then dismounted and knocked on the door. Hearing the knocking, Tian Hua and the others inside exchanged glances. Ali, puzzled, asked, "Tian Hua, who could be looking for us? Could it be Lu Yunshan?"

Tian Hua looked at him and nodded, saying, "Yes."

In a hurry, Ali opened the door. There stood Lu Yunshan, leading his horse. Ali welcomed Lu Yunshan inside, and they entered together.

At that moment, Tian Hua and Cheng Kong were already in the courtyard. Seeing Lu Yunshan, they approached.

"How are you, Tian Hua?" Lu Yunshan asked with concern.

"I'm fine now, Yunshan," Tian Hua replied.

Lu Yunshan nodded and then looked at Cheng Kong, asking, "Since Mr. Cheng is here, where is Mr. Zou?"

Hearing this, Tian Hua, Cheng Kong, and Ali exchanged glances. Then, Tian Hua sighed and said, "Yunshan, let's sit inside and talk slowly."

The four of them sat down, and Tian Hua recounted the events that took place outside the east gate, including Zou Ming's feigned betrayal, the pursuit by Kong Xu, and the subsequent use of the scroll to repel them. Lu Yunshan listened silently.

After a moment of silence, Lu Yunshan looked at Tian Hua and asked, "Tian Hua, what do you plan to do next?"

Sensing the atmosphere, Ali quickly intervened, "Yunshan, Tian Hua has a plan in mind. He's been waiting for you to discuss it together."

Lu Yunshan turned his attention to Tian Hua, asking, "What plan do you have, Tian Hua?"

Tian Hua looked at Lu Yunshan and said, "I believe we should capture the leaders of the 'Three Cities and One Town,' namely the lords of the cities and the town. Their abilities are no longer suitable for this era, and in an ideal nation, there shouldn't be such overpowering forces."

"Indeed, that's a valid point. However, capturing them won't be easy," Lu Yunshan remarked.

"Exactly. We don't necessarily have to conquer all 'Three Cities and One Town.' If we take Shancheng Town and Rumu City, the other two should crumble on their own. It's challenging, but it's our best chance. Especially if we capture Shancheng Town, as it's the place where people suffer the most under the rule of 'Three Cities and One Town.' A political uprising could gain support, and once we take Shancheng Town, we can divert attention and focus on Rumu City. The lords of Starswater City and Moonflow City are known for governing with justice, so we might not face much opposition there," Lu Yunshan explained.

Tian Hua, Cheng Kong, and Ali, upon hearing this, expressed their approval. They agreed that minimizing casualties and aiming for strategic targets would be the most effective approach.

"Yunshan, with your support, I believe we can soon realize the dream of establishing an ideal nation," Tian Hua said with excitement.

"With your participation, Tian Hua, I'm confident that we can make our ideals a reality," Lu Yunshan replied, determined.

The group then began discussing the details of the plan, focusing on the capture of Shancheng Town and the subsequent move towards realizing their shared vision of a just and ideal nation.

In the city of Xingshui, Lu Yunshan and Ling Yan were sitting in the courtyard, chatting. Ling Yan looked at Lu Yunshan and asked, "Yunshan, I can see that you've been troubled these past few days. Is something wrong?"

Lu Yunshan glanced at Ling Yan, thought for a moment, and replied, "I received news a few days ago: Mu Xiong killed Boss Han, took Little Bell hostage, and threatened Tianhua to reveal the hiding place of their ancestors. They agreed to meet outside the East Gate, where Tianhua confronted Mu Xiong and Chang Qing. The result was a mutual defeat, and in the end, Zou Ming and Cheng Kong betrayed Mu Xiong and rescued Tianhua and Little Bell. After that, they disappeared without a trace!"

"Where do you think they went?" Ling Yan asked.

"If I'm not mistaken, they should be with Ali," Lu Yunshan said.

"Are you sure they are there?" Ling Yan inquired.

"Besides Ali's place, I can't think of anywhere else Tianhua and the others would go. Boss Han is no longer around, and Tianhua won't return to the tavern. Considering the current situation, Ali's place is the safest destination for them," Lu Yunshan explained.

"In that case, what are you planning to do now? You should go to Ali's place and check on them. They need help," Ling Yan suggested.

"I've been pondering this issue these past few days. I plan to go tomorrow," Lu Yunshan replied.

"Tianhua saved your life twice. Now that they're facing trouble, it's our time to repay the favor!" Ling Yan remarked.

"Don't worry! I won't forget Tianhua's kindness," Lu Yunshan assured.

After speaking, Lu Yunshan looked into the distance, lost in thought.

The next day, early in the morning, Lu Yunshan set off for Mountain City. Upon arriving, he gathered a few members of their organization who were collecting information in Mountain City. He inquired about the current situation in the city, and they informed him that "Mountain City Inn" had been closed, and there was no one inside. Mu Xiong and the others were currently recuperating, and there were no significant movements.

After hearing this, Lu Yunshan thanked them and waited until late at night. Alone, he went to the inn, and finding no one around, he leaped over the wall and entered. In the moonlight, the backyard was silent and messy.

Lu Yunshan observed for a while, then went to the front house. Although the tables and chairs were neatly arranged, they were covered in dust. Lu Yunshan lightly touched the table with his hand, then looked elsewhere.

The moving light suddenly stopped, and Lu Yunshan, holding the torch, saw two memorial tablets faintly placed in the center of the main hall. Approaching, he recognized the names on them. Lu Yunshan felt a wave of pain in his heart, paid respects, and then left the front house, extinguishing the torch. Finally, he crossed the wall and left.

The next day, at dawn, Lu Yunshan rode toward the north gate of Mountain City.

Before long, he arrived outside the small house where Ali lived. Lu Yunshan, still on horseback, looked around and then dismounted, knocking on the door. Hearing someone knocking, Tianhua and the others inside exchanged glances, and Ali asked, "Tianhua, who could be looking for us? Could it be Lu Yunshan?"

Tianhua nodded, "Yes."

Ali hurriedly went to open the door. As the door opened, Lu Yunshan was standing outside, holding his horse's reins. Ali smiled and invited Lu Yunshan in. After tying his horse outside, Lu Yunshan followed Ali inside.

At that moment, Tianhua and Cheng Kong were already in the courtyard. Seeing Lu Yunshan entering, they approached.

"Tianhua, how are you?" Lu Yunshan asked with concern.

"Yunshan, I'm fine now," Tianhua replied.

Lu Yunshan nodded and said, "Tianhua, since Mr. Cheng is here, where is Mr. Zou?"

At these words, the three exchanged glances, and Tianhua sighed, "Yunshan, let's go inside and talk slowly."

Lu Yunshan saw a hint of sadness in their eyes, puzzled, he followed them into the house and sat down.

After everyone sat down, Tianhua began narrating the events that occurred outside the East Gate, Zou Ming's feigned betrayal, their encounter with Kong Xu, and the subsequent events. He explained everything that had happened in the past few days.

Lu Yunshan listened in silence.

After a period of silence, Lu Yunshan looked at Tianhua and asked, "Tianhua, what do you plan to do next?"

Ali, on the side, spoke up, "Yunshan, Tianhua already has a plan in mind. He's waiting for you to discuss it!"

Upon hearing this, Lu Yunshan looked at Tianhua and asked, "Tianhua, what's the plan? Tell me about it."

Tianhua looked at everyone, pondered for a moment, and said, "Yunshan, do you remember what you told me before? 'One person's virtue governs, allowing people to live in peace, with abundant clothing and food. No suffering from levies, doors open at night, and roads are safe, with people helping and supporting each other.'"

"I certainly remember. It's my lifelong aspiration," Lu Yunshan said.

"After you said those words, I didn't say anything because I believed that a truly ideal country should be a world where people are happy, free, and equal. However, now I realize that achieving such a world is not as easy as I imagined. So, I've decided to help you establish the ideal nation you envision," Tianhua declared.

"Really, Tianhua? You promise to help me?" Lu Yunshan asked excitedly.

"Yes," Tianhua affirmed.

"Tianhua, with your involvement, I believe we can quickly realize our ideals," Lu Yunshan said joyfully.

"Yunshan, what do we do next?" Tianhua inquired.

"Tianhua, I want to hear your thoughts," Lu Yunshan asked.

Tianhua looked at Lu Yunshan, thought for a moment, and said, "I think to establish such a world, we must 'capture the thief first.' We need to take down the lords of the 'Three Cities and One Town.' Their power no longer belongs to this era, and such a force should not exist in our ideal country."

"Tianhua, you're right! We don't necessarily need to fully conquer the 'Three Cities and One Town.' If we capture Mountain City and Sunset City, the other two cities will crumble on their own!" Lu Yunshan explained.

"Oh, Yunshan, what do you mean?" Tianhua asked.

"Sunset City is personally guarded by Yuxing Tian, the creator of the 'Three Cities and One Town.' Only by capturing him can we end the rule of the 'Three Cities and One Town' and establish our own ideal nation. So, that's the most challenging part! To conquer Sunset City, we must first take Mountain City. Mountain City is where the people suffer the most among the 'Three Cities and One Town.' If we launch a coup

there, we might gain the support of the people. Once we take Mountain City, we can divert the attention of the other cities and focus on Sunset City and Moonlit City. The lords of those two cities govern with justice, and we might not face much opposition there," Lu Yunshan explained.

Tianhua, Cheng Kong, and Ali, upon hearing this, expressed their approval. They agreed that minimizing casualties and aiming for strategic targets would be the most effective approach.

"Yunshan, with your support, I believe we can soon realize the dream of establishing an ideal nation," Tianhua said with excitement.

"With your participation, Tianhua, I'm confident that we can make our ideals a reality," Lu Yunshan replied, determined.

The group then began discussing the details of the plan, focusing on the capture of Mountain City and the subsequent move towards realizing their shared vision of a just and ideal nation.

0