Chapter 45: The Fall of the City
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the dense forest outside the south gate, a group of people was busy opening twenty large boxes one by one. When all the boxes were finally opened, Cheng Kong took a look and said, "Everything is proceeding as planned! Let's start the operation now!"

The group responded, and they approached the boxes to take out neatly folded fabrics. Someone nearby was ready to receive them, passing one piece to another person, and the process continued until all the fabric inside the boxes was taken out. Each of the hundred people unfolded their fabric, revealing large banners with the characters "Lu" and "Tian" written on them.

Cheng Kong looked at the banners and the people, then said, "Good, everyone understands their tasks. Go prepare."

The hundred people holding the banners responded and dispersed, heading into the depths of the forest.

"Alright, let's prepare as well. The forces from Xingshui City will be here soon," Cheng Kong said.The troops from the three cities were on their way, rushing to reinforce Mountain City Town. Meanwhile, the people in the dense forest were busy implementing their carefully devised plan.

Outside the north gate, intense fighting had already begun. Chang Qing's warriors leaped down from the city wall, wielding long blades as they charged into the crowd. People, frightened, dodged and retreated as the warriors advanced. Wherever the warriors went, they were unstoppable. Mu Xiong's protective barrier covered the city gate and other areas, making it impossible for any weapons to touch the city walls.

After a round of attacks, the warriors retreated, and people looked towards the city wall at the warriors standing there with long blades and longbows, their faces filled with fear and awe.

"Tianhua, it's time for you to take action," Lu Yunshan said, looking at Tianhua.

Tianhua, gazing at the bodies on the ground and then at Chang Qing and Mu Xiong, felt a mix of grief and anger. Suddenly, he leaped forward, landing in front of the warriors. Seeing Tianhua's arrival, both Chang Qing and Mu Xiong furrowed their brows.

The warrior swung his long blade directly at Tianhua, who didn't evade but stood still, watching the approaching blade. A gasp arose from the onlookers.

Ah...

A gasp echoed behind Tianhua as people stared in astonishment. Just as the blade was about to strike, a figure appeared beside Tianhua, wielding a giant sword to block the attack. With a sudden burst of strength, the figure deflected the warrior's blade, and the warrior leaped away.

The figure swung the long sword towards the warrior, engaging in a fierce battle. The clash of swords and blades continued for more than a dozen moves, with no clear winner. People below on the city wall were stunned, witnessing an unexpected turn of events.

On the city wall, beads of sweat trickled down Chang Qing's forehead. Mu Xiong, noticing this, hurriedly said, "Mr. Chang, are you alright?"

"For now, there's no issue. Master Mu, you must remain vigilant. Guard the city gates and other vulnerable points. Tianhua is currently controlling only one puppet. If he suddenly uses 'Multiple Control,' and we are unprepared, allowing him to take advantage, once the city gate is breached, Mountain City Town will be in danger," Chang Qing warned.

"Rest assured, I will do my best to defend the city gates!" Mu Xiong replied.

The warriors and the puppet engaged in a fierce battle below, capturing the attention of everyone. They stood there, watching in amazement, as they had never seen such a fight before.

On the city wall, Chang Qing and Mu Xiong were anxiously observing the puppet and the warriors. In their hearts, there was a glimmer of hope: the troops from the three cities should be arriving soon!

Outside the south gate, Cheng Kong saw the Xingshui City troops approaching. He called everyone to gather, and they lined up neatly. Cheng Kong looked at them and said, "Today, we bear a heavy responsibility. I hope you all don't harbor fear in your hearts, so as not to reveal any weaknesses and jeopardize our efforts!"

"We will do our best and fear nothing!" the group responded.

Cheng Kong nodded, waved his hand, and a person brought over a horse. Cheng Kong mounted the horse and said to the group, "In that case, let's depart!"

With a flick of the whip, the horse galloped forward, and the group followed, charging out of the dense forest.

The Xingshui City troops were on the way when suddenly, a cavalry emerged from the dense forest, blocking their path. The leader of the Xingshui City troops was taken aback and quickly gave orders to halt.

"Who are you? How dare you block our way?" the leader shouted.

"Are you the troops from Xingshui City?" Cheng Kong deliberately asked.

"What if we are? What if we aren't?" the leader replied.

"If that's the case, I advise you not to go to Mountain City Town," Cheng Kong said.

"Why?" the leader asked.

"I'm afraid that by the time you arrive, Mountain City Town will have fallen, and your efforts will be in vain!" Cheng Kong laughed.

Enraged, the leader shouted, "It seems you are allied with those rebel forces?"

"What if we are? What if we aren't?" Cheng Kong mimicked his tone.

Furious, the leader yelled, "If that's the case, I'll capture you right here!" Drawing his sword, he prepared to attack.

"If you can capture me, then maybe you have the ability!" Cheng Kong chuckled.

"Stop with your arrogant words. Today, I'll make you know the name of Li Quan from Xingshui City!" Li Quan shouted. With that, he leaped off his horse and charged towards Cheng Kong.

Seeing Li Quan make a move, Cheng Kong unsheathed his long sword from his waist, leaped onto his horse, and the sword flew out like a snake's tongue, heading straight for Li Quan. As Li Quan approached, he blocked the sword with his own, sending Cheng Kong's sword flying into the air. Li Quan then swung his big blade directly at Cheng Kong. Unperturbed, Cheng Kong, with a quick arm movement, shook the sword, aiming the tip directly at Li Quan's back. Realizing the imminent threat, Li Quan swiftly turned, narrowly avoiding the attack. Cheng Kong, with a quick flick of his hand, retracted the sword, and Li Quan somersaulted, landing not far from Cheng Kong.

Li Quan stood there, looking at Cheng Kong, feeling a bit surprised. He couldn't discern the man's martial arts skills, as their previous exchange had ended in a draw. It seemed that if he didn't take this seriously, he might not be able to defeat Cheng Kong today.

Seeing Li Quan stop, standing there and silently looking at him, Cheng Kong thought for a moment and said with a smile, "Now, if you surrender, there's still time."

Li Quan heard this and shouted loudly, "I think that should be my line!"

"Very well, let's not waste words. Let our weapons speak for us," Cheng Kong said.

"Come!"Li Quan called out.

Chapter 45: The Fall of the City

Finishing his words, he swung the large blade towards Cheng Kong. Cheng Kong's sword pointed directly at Li Quan, and he wielded his long sword to meet the attack. The large blade was robust, and the long sword was nimble. As the large blade swung, it created gusts of wild wind, while the long sword danced, shimmering with countless silver lights. The two exchanged moves for dozens of rounds, yet there was still no clear winner.

Seeing that the prolonged battle with Cheng Kong was not yielding results, Li Quan couldn't help but feel anxious. He never expected to be entangled by this guy here. If this continued, when would they ever reach Mountain City Town?

At this moment, a thought crossed Li Quan's mind. With a slight opening in his sword technique, Cheng Kong seized the opportunity, and his long sword swiftly shot towards Li Quan. Seeing the oncoming blade, Li Quan was startled and hastily dodged. Though he managed to evade the strike, the sleeve of his left arm was still slashed open.

Seeing this, Li Quan turned and leaped back to his mount. Cheng Kong, seeing him retreat, did not pursue further. He retracted his long sword, mounted his horse, and then smiled, saying, "How was that? Now you know my skills!" With that, he burst into laughter.

The Xingshui City soldiers observed Cheng Kong and then turned their attention to Li Quan. Mounted on his horse, Li Quan remained silent, gazing at Cheng Kong and the hundred or so people behind him. Were they employing a delaying tactic here, intentionally dispatching such a skilled individual to disrupt everyone's minds? If not, how could their small force resist the tens of thousands in my army? Looking at the unwavering expressions on their faces, they seemed to be well-prepared. What exactly were these rebels up to?

Seeing Li Quan standing still without speaking, Cheng Kong also felt a bit nervous. He was afraid that Li Quan might detect something unusual. So, he spoke, "How about it? If you don't yield, do you want a few more rounds?"

Li Quan looked at him and made a firm decision: Regardless of their motives, it was time to break through and see how Cheng Kong would handle it.

Li Quan turned to the messenger by his side and said, "Convey my orders: when I give the signal later, the entire army will charge forward!"

"Yes!" After the messenger acknowledged, about to turn his horse to relay the orders, he suddenly stopped and spoke softly to Li Quan, "General, look..."

Cheng Kong had noticed the two of them talking in low voices earlier and began to feel uneasy. When the messenger stopped, Cheng Kong's anxiety deepened. Could they have figured something out? When the messenger stopped without moving and pointed towards a certain direction, whispering into Li Quan's ear, Cheng Kong felt a sudden relief. It seemed like the plan was successful.

Li Quan followed the direction the messenger pointed and was astonished to see a large flag faintly visible deep in the dense forest. The messenger whispered again, "General, take a look!" Li Quan looked in another direction, and there was another large flag faintly visible in the deep forest. The messenger then pointed out a few more locations, and each time Li Quan looked, his anxiety grew.

Li Quan looked at Cheng Kong, who was still sitting on his horse, seemingly at ease. Then he looked at the hundred or so people behind Cheng Kong, each face showing no sign of fear. Li Quan pondered on what was happening.

Li Quan turned to the messenger and said, "Convey my orders: when the time comes, the entire army should retreat slowly into the city. I will leave a small force here as a rear guard. Remember, make the retreat orderly and don't panic!"

"General, aren't we supposed to reinforce Mountain City Town? Why are we retreating now?" The messenger asked in confusion.

"Now is not the time to explain. Go convey the orders, and we can discuss it in detail later!" Li Quan said.

"Yes!" The messenger acknowledged. After speaking, he turned his horse and galloped towards the retreating troops.

Cheng Kong, seeing Li Quan's troops gradually retreating, let out a long breath of relief. He sighed, "Well done, Lu Yunshan!"

"Mr. Cheng, we succeeded!" The group erupted in cheers.

"Yes, but don't celebrate too soon. Quickly send the signal to let Lu Yunshan and the others know the situation here. It's crucial for them to intensify their attack on the city! If they suddenly return, it could be troublesome!" Cheng Kong instructed.

Upon hearing this, two individuals brought out a massive arrow and shot it into the air. A long whistle echoed through the air, reaching the skies with a resounding explosion.

The loud sound alarmed Mu Xiong and Chang Qing on the city wall. Mu Xiong, worried, asked, "What's going on?"

Zou Ming followed the sound and saw the colorful clouds. Intrigued, he said, "Lord, something exploded in the sky outside the southern gate. The sky is filled with colorful clouds."

Mu Xiong, surprised, asked, "What is happening outside?"

Chang Qing, who was observing the situation, said, "It seems something significant is occurring. We need to stay vigilant."

Meanwhile, in Mountain City Town, Lu Yunshan heard the sound and saw the colorful clouds in the distance. He smiled and said, "It seems the plan is working. Let's intensify our attack on the city gates!"

Back on the city wall, Mu Xiong and Chang Qing continued to watch the developments outside. The situation was becoming increasingly complex, and the outcome remained uncertain.

Long spears pierced through the heart, and Changqing stared at the warrior with eyes filled with fear: this speed...

At this moment, Tianhua shouted loudly, lifting the long spear to toss the warrior into the air. The warrior's spear thrust upwards, throwing the warrior into the air. Then, in a swift motion, two long spears pierced through the warrior's chest, followed by two more through the abdomen. The warrior retrieved the long spear from the ground, leaped into the air, and danced with the long spear, resembling a storm of rain and wind. Numerous glimmers flickered, and in an instant, the warrior disintegrated in mid-air...

Ah...

Changqing on the city wall let out a painful cry, then supported himself against the wall, gasping for air heavily. Seeing this, Mu Xiong was both shocked and furious.

Oh...

Cheers mixed with exclamations instantly erupted, and everyone turned their gaze towards Tianhua, their eyes filled with reverence. The warrior had landed, and Tianhua stood there, chest heaving, sweat dripping down like raindrops from his forehead.

Tianhua glanced at Mu Xiong, who had already cowered at the sight, avoiding eye contact. Tianhua then looked towards the city gate. Suddenly, the warrior put down the long spear, pulled out a long spear from his back, aimed it at the city gate, stood still for a moment, and then released the long spear. Mu Xiong, in a panic, reinforced the barrier.

Boom...

The city gate collapsed, and the long spear flew straight into the town. Mu Xiong on the city wall let out a miserable cry and also leaned weakly against the city wall. Seeing this, the crowd cheered loudly.

Seeing the breached city gate, Tianhua took a long breath and then knelt on one knee, panting heavily, beads of sweat falling like raindrops from his forehead.

Land Yunshan, seeing the breached city gate, drew his long sword from his waist and shouted, "Charge!"

Seeing the fierce battle just now, the people were already excited, and now, with the command given, they rushed towards the town like hungry wolves. The people in the town, having witnessed the intense battle, were already frightened. Now, seeing the crowd rushing in like starving wolves, and with Mu Xiong and Changqing leaning weakly on the city wall, chaos ensued. People discarded their weapons and surrendered.

Land Yunshan, seeing everyone pushing forward, and with no one resisting, felt great joy. At this moment, he saw Tianhua kneeling not far away and hurriedly rode forward. When he arrived, Land Yunshan dismounted, supported Tianhua, and asked with concern, "Tianhua, are you alright?"

"I'm fine, Yunshan, don't worry about me. Go and do what you need to do!" Tianhua said.

"But you..." Land Yunshan asked.

"Don't worry, the current battle won't keep me immobilized." Tianhua smiled.

"Alright, Tianhua, take care of yourself. I'll go in first." Land Yunshan said.

"Sure, go ahead!" Tianhua replied.

Land Yunshan glanced at Tianhua, then mounted his horse and rode towards the town.

Mu Xiong and Changqing's defeat, coupled with Mu Xiong's usual brutality, directly led to Land Yunshan entering the town without any resistance. Land Yunshan took over the entire town, sent people to announce peace, and then detained Mu Xiong and Changqing in the Lord's Mansion, awaiting punishment.

When everything was over, it was already dusk. At this moment, Land Yunshan and Tianhua were standing on the city wall, looking into the distance.

"Tianhua, now that the town has fallen, let's rest for a few days and then head to the Sunset City!" Land Yunshan sighed.

Tianhua remained silent after hearing this, looking at the sunset for a long time before saying, "I heard that the sunset in the Sunset City is beautiful..."

"Yes, it is! Soon, you'll get to see it." Land Yunshan nodded.

At this moment, a gentle breeze brushed their faces, and the sky was filled with colorful clouds. The setting sun cast long shadows, creating a picturesque scene.

0